Hp Envy Stuttering Problems after full Factory Restore

I had my Hp Envy 14-1150ca laptop sent away to HP by futureshop for repairs. They replaced the hard drive. I now have an issue i have never had before, EVER. My audio and video stutter, online and offline. I dont understand the problem and i have up to date drivers (according to hp and windows update, hard to trust them now :fou: ) Anyways i was wondering if the community could help me with this problem? I trust you guys way more than HP :D
11 answers Last reply
More about envy stuttering problems full factory restore
  1. is it possible to capture the " stutter" of the video as a screenshot or take a picture?
  2. Well the video is not as bad as the audio,,, i think maybe the audio problem is causing the video one,,,, you know?
  3. this all happen after new hard drive?maybe try reinstalling the audio and graphic drives.
  4. lookerup said:
    this all happen after new hard drive?maybe try reinstalling the audio and graphic drives.

I have already tried different drivers...
  5. Usually it's the mobo damaged by overheating (integrated audio device).

If you plug in earphone does it shutter ?

If it's still under warranty, take it back and hopefully resolves the problem.

Maybe for the 1st repair they say it's a hard drive problem but then maybe it was a mobo problem and changed it for a used one that had audio problem....
  6. dextermat said:
    Usually it's the mobo damaged by overheating (integrated audio device).

If you plug in earphone does it shutter ?

If it's still under warranty, take it back and hopefully resolves the problem.

Maybe for the 1st repair they say it's a hard drive problem but then maybe it was a mobo problem and changed it for a used one that had audio problem....

Ya it stutters with headphones, and I know for sure this is my laptop they gave back because it has the same dents and such as before, I was hoping I didn't have to give it back to them... If there is this many problems shouldn't they replace it?
  7. you might as well replace the whole laptop. one problem fixed another one appears.
  8. lookerup said:
    you might as well replace the whole laptop. one problem fixed another one appears.

Well I don't have the money for an entire new laptop... Will hp replace it for free because it's under warranty? Or any other deals?
  9. im pretty sure. As long as you have warranty, it's fine. you jus replace the laptop. You should get a new laptop once you request a replacement, and just sent the old one back.
  10. lookerup said:
    im pretty sure. As long as you have warranty, it's fine. you jus replace the laptop. You should get a new laptop once you request a replacement, and just sent the old one back.

So all i have to ask them is to replace it? that would be awesome, and too easy :) WIll it actually work?
  11. Yeah pretty much, but it's best read their return policy.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hewlett Packard Factory Restore Windows 7