Sign in with
Your question

Hp Envy Stuttering Problems after full Factory Restore

Last response: in Windows 7
April 27, 2012 1:19:32 AM

I had my Hp Envy 14-1150ca laptop sent away to HP by futureshop for repairs. They replaced the hard drive. I now have an issue i have never had before, EVER. My audio and video stutter, online and offline. I dont understand the problem and i have up to date drivers (according to hp and windows update, hard to trust them now :fou:  ) Anyways i was wondering if the community could help me with this problem? I trust you guys way more than HP :D 
April 27, 2012 2:34:02 AM

is it possible to capture the " stutter" of the video as a screenshot or take a picture?
m
l
April 27, 2012 3:21:49 AM

Well the video is not as bad as the audio,,, i think maybe the audio problem is causing the video one,,,, you know?
m
l
Related resources
April 27, 2012 6:58:59 PM

this all happen after new hard drive?maybe try reinstalling the audio and graphic drives.
m
l
April 27, 2012 7:05:07 PM

lookerup said:
this all happen after new hard drive?maybe try reinstalling the audio and graphic drives.

I have already tried different drivers...
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
April 27, 2012 7:15:47 PM

Usually it's the mobo damaged by overheating (integrated audio device).

If you plug in earphone does it shutter ?

If it's still under warranty, take it back and hopefully resolves the problem.

Maybe for the 1st repair they say it's a hard drive problem but then maybe it was a mobo problem and changed it for a used one that had audio problem....

m
l
April 28, 2012 4:41:27 PM

dextermat said:
Usually it's the mobo damaged by overheating (integrated audio device).

If you plug in earphone does it shutter ?

If it's still under warranty, take it back and hopefully resolves the problem.

Maybe for the 1st repair they say it's a hard drive problem but then maybe it was a mobo problem and changed it for a used one that had audio problem....

Ya it stutters with headphones, and I know for sure this is my laptop they gave back because it has the same dents and such as before, I was hoping I didn't have to give it back to them... If there is this many problems shouldn't they replace it?
m
l
April 28, 2012 5:09:41 PM

you might as well replace the whole laptop. one problem fixed another one appears.
m
l
April 28, 2012 5:22:22 PM

lookerup said:
you might as well replace the whole laptop. one problem fixed another one appears.

Well I don't have the money for an entire new laptop... Will hp replace it for free because it's under warranty? Or any other deals?
m
l
April 28, 2012 6:10:52 PM

im pretty sure. As long as you have warranty, it's fine. you jus replace the laptop. You should get a new laptop once you request a replacement, and just sent the old one back.
m
l
April 28, 2012 6:41:52 PM

lookerup said:
im pretty sure. As long as you have warranty, it's fine. you jus replace the laptop. You should get a new laptop once you request a replacement, and just sent the old one back.

So all i have to ask them is to replace it? that would be awesome, and too easy :)  WIll it actually work?
m
l
April 28, 2012 8:18:01 PM

Yeah pretty much, but it's best read their return policy.
m
l
!