Looking For TrueSync version 2 upgrade for StarTAC

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
May 21, 2004 11:06:00 AM

I have a StarTAC 7868w that I've become heavily vested in with
accesories. My TrueSync cd has veresion 1 and my StarTAC has version
7654 of the firmware and apparently and they don't work together. I
had to reinstall recently and lost the upgrade to v2. V3 from Motorola
website doesn't work either so does anyone have a link to the upgrade
to v2? I'd much appreciate it.

jt
May 22, 2004 12:11:43 PM

On 21 May 2004 07:06:00 -0700, jeeptop2000@yahoo.com (jt) wrote:

>I have a StarTAC 7868w that I've become heavily vested in with
>accesories. My TrueSync cd has veresion 1 and my StarTAC has version
>7654 of the firmware and apparently and they don't work together. I
>had to reinstall recently and lost the upgrade to v2. V3 from Motorola
>website doesn't work either so does anyone have a link to the upgrade
>to v2? I'd much appreciate it.
>
>jt
See if this helps:
http://www.gprep.org/~mikes/downloads/
May 22, 2004 12:11:44 PM

Me <Me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<32a8197e59a0c10c13c218998a6adb46@news.teranews.com>...
> See if this helps:
> http://www.gprep.org/~mikes/downloads/

Thanks for the pointer. Sorry it doesn't work for me.

jt
May 23, 2004 9:32:53 PM

On Sat, 22 May 2004 08:11:43 GMT, Me <Me@privacy.net> wrote:

>On 21 May 2004 07:06:00 -0700, jeeptop2000@yahoo.com (jt) wrote:
>
>>I have a StarTAC 7868w that I've become heavily vested in with
>>accesories. My TrueSync cd has veresion 1 and my StarTAC has version
>>7654 of the firmware and apparently and they don't work together. I
>>had to reinstall recently and lost the upgrade to v2. V3 from Motorola
>>website doesn't work either so does anyone have a link to the upgrade
>>to v2? I'd much appreciate it.
>>
>>jt
>See if this helps:
>http://www.gprep.org/~mikes/downloads/

I'm in the exact situation as the original poster albeit different
firmware.

That link is for installation files for "L-series" whatever that is. L
series of what...T720? And does that work for a StarTAC?
May 25, 2004 6:43:19 AM

On 22 May 2004 06:34:21 -0700, jeeptop2000@yahoo.com (jt) wrote:

>Me <Me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<32a8197e59a0c10c13c218998a6adb46@news.teranews.com>...
>> See if this helps:
>> http://www.gprep.org/~mikes/downloads/
>

>Thanks for the pointer. Sorry it doesn't work for me.
>
>jt

TrueSync leaves a lot to be desired (So does FutureDial SnapSync).
The best software is DataPilot. Read about it: http://www.datapilot.com/

To download the full retail version, look here:
http://striker4072001.no-ip.org/upload/DataPilot_3.2/

Download DataPilot 3.0 and install using these Registration Numbers:
1AUX01V4ZNZJ2X6 or 1AP124SNCVFU39P
http://striker4072001.no-ip.org/upload/DataPilot_3.2/Da...

Now download and install the update to v3.1
(Have the Registration Number handy when you apply the update)
http://striker4072001.no-ip.org/upload/DataPilot_3.2/Da...

Now download and install the update to v3.2
(Or click the "Update" button on the DataPilot Launcher)
(Don't need the Registration Number this time)
http://striker4072001.no-ip.org/upload/DataPilot_3.2/Da...

Do not change the order........ v3.0, then v3.1, then v3.2

If you need the USB Drivers:
http://striker4072001.no-ip.org/upload/DataPilot_3.2/US...
May 25, 2004 6:43:34 AM

On Sun, 23 May 2004 17:32:53 GMT, Richard Lee <r@r.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 22 May 2004 08:11:43 GMT, Me <Me@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>>On 21 May 2004 07:06:00 -0700, jeeptop2000@yahoo.com (jt) wrote:
>>
>>>I have a StarTAC 7868w that I've become heavily vested in with
>>>accesories. My TrueSync cd has veresion 1 and my StarTAC has version
>>>7654 of the firmware and apparently and they don't work together. I
>>>had to reinstall recently and lost the upgrade to v2. V3 from Motorola
>>>website doesn't work either so does anyone have a link to the upgrade
>>>to v2? I'd much appreciate it.
>>>
>>>jt
>>See if this helps:
>>http://www.gprep.org/~mikes/downloads/
>>

>I'm in the exact situation as the original poster albeit different
>firmware.
>
>That link is for installation files for "L-series" whatever that is. L
>series of what...T720? And does that work for a StarTAC?

TrueSync leaves a lot to be desired (So does FutureDial SnapSync).
The best software is DataPilot. Read about it: http://www.datapilot.com/

To download the full retail version, look here:
http://striker4072001.no-ip.org/upload/DataPilot_3.2/

Download DataPilot 3.0 and install using these Registration Numbers:
1AUX01V4ZNZJ2X6 or 1AP124SNCVFU39P
http://striker4072001.no-ip.org/upload/DataPilot_3.2/Da...

Now download and install the update to v3.1
(Have the Registration Number handy when you apply the update)
http://striker4072001.no-ip.org/upload/DataPilot_3.2/Da...

Now download and install the update to v3.2
(Or click the "Update" button on the DataPilot Launcher)
(Don't need the Registration Number this time)
http://striker4072001.no-ip.org/upload/DataPilot_3.2/Da...

Do not change the order........ v3.0, then v3.1, then v3.2

If you need the USB Drivers:
http://striker4072001.no-ip.org/upload/DataPilot_3.2/US...
May 27, 2004 3:47:55 AM

datapilot is downloading at 1k/second or less. is there another place to
get the files. frustrating

> TrueSync leaves a lot to be desired (So does FutureDial SnapSync).
> The best software is DataPilot. Read about it: http://www.datapilot.com/
>
> To download the full retail version, look here:
> http://striker4072001.no-ip.org/upload/DataPilot_3.2/
>
> Download DataPilot 3.0 and install using these Registration Numbers:
> 1AUX01V4ZNZJ2X6 or 1AP124SNCVFU39P

http://striker4072001.no-ip.org/upload/DataPilot_3.2/Da...

> Now download and install the update to v3.1
> (Have the Registration Number handy when you apply the update)

http://striker4072001.no-ip.org/upload/DataPilot_3.2/Da...

> Now download and install the update to v3.2
> (Or click the "Update" button on the DataPilot Launcher)
> (Don't need the Registration Number this time)

http://striker4072001.no-ip.org/upload/DataPilot_3.2/Da...

> Do not change the order........ v3.0, then v3.1, then v3.2
>
> If you need the USB Drivers:

http://striker4072001.no-ip.org/upload/DataPilot_3.2/US...

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 5:41:48 PM

Hey, I don’t know if Data Pilot is your best option. I’ve had pretty
good luck with Mobile Phone Tools. You can connect to your laptop with
your mobile phone. You can check it out here:
http://tinyurl.com/5erfa.
Hope that helps.
--Neo ;)

--