Sign in with
Your question

lite-on ltr 48125w mode sense error.. Pleeeeaaaass

Last response: in Storage
August 7, 2002 9:25:26 AM

I really need you smart guyz out there to help me out. I'm in a desperate situation. I can't get any burning software to identify my cd-rw. smartburn reports <b>mode sense error</b> when i try to run it and then NOT FOUND CD-RW. this's been going on for a week now. guyz please tell me what to do.

Unleash da Power to Perform
August 7, 2002 7:15:50 PM

did you not get any software with the drive ?
I thought LiteON's were shipped with Nero...

I have the model below (40x12x48) and I use Nero to great effect ! I can't think whats up, does windows find your drive correctly in the Device manager ?

Tim

I can call you Betty, and Betty when you call me... You can call me Al
August 7, 2002 8:37:16 PM

if you are using clonecd or similar software and also have installed the intel application accelerator you need to uninstall the intel accelerator ..

<font color=red><b> cinnamon rolls arent really revenge </font color=red></b>
August 7, 2002 9:39:16 PM

well, ma drive was a 40x originally and came with nero. i couldn't get nero to identify ma drive no more after flashing 48x. i've been using cd mate for over two months now until the sense erro thingy showed up. the drive is showed up perfectly in the device manager. please help me.

Unleash da Power to Perform
August 7, 2002 10:45:06 PM

Quote:

well, ma drive was a 40x originally and came with nero. i couldn't get nero to identify ma drive no more after flashing 48x. i've been using cd mate for over two months now until the sense erro thingy showed up. the drive is showed up perfectly in the device manager. please help me.

Just download the latest patches for Nero and InCD <A HREF="http://www.nero.com/en/content/download.html#download" target="_new">here</A> and Nero will work perfectly. Throw away CD Mate!

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:
August 7, 2002 10:49:58 PM

I'm confused ?
You used to have a 40x ? so you went out and bought a 48x ?? the performance gain is about 20/30 seconds ??? seems pointless.

But you say you flashed the drive ? which drive did you flash, I may have misunderstood you no offence in advance if I have - BUT
If you have flashed your 40x to be 48x this is impossible and will not work, there are new features in the 48x and it works using different technology burning at a constant speed all the way through unlike the previous drives that burn a number of sectors at different speeds.

Tim

August 7, 2002 10:57:29 PM

Quote:

I'm confused ?
You used to have a 40x ? so you went out and bought a 48x ?? the performance gain is about 20/30 seconds ??? seems pointless.

But you say you flashed the drive ? which drive did you flash, I may have misunderstood you no offence in advance if I have - BUT
If you have flashed your 40x to be 48x this is impossible and will not work, there are new features in the 48x and it works using different technology burning at a constant speed all the way through unlike the previous drives that burn a number of sectors at different speeds.

Yes, he seems to have flashed his 40X burner with the 48X firmware. This works perfectly. Phyisically, the 40X Lite-On and the 48X Lite-On are identical. The 40X merely has P-CAV disabled and uses Zone-CLV instead. However, simply flashing on the 48X BIOS will allow it to use MT. Rainer, P-CAV and burn at 48X perfectly. I can personally attest to that because I've done it myself. :wink:

August 7, 2002 11:48:05 PM

Crikey !
well I have that exact drive...

so your telling me shops are selling the 40x at £54 and the 48x at £70 and the only difference is in the ROM ?
wow, I am gonna have to do mine then...
which BIOS for the 48x works and can I go back if it fails ?

Tim

August 8, 2002 3:00:37 AM

Thanks I had found those very links myself as I started looking the min I saw your post :)  god bless Google

seemed to have flashed sucessfully, although all signs so far are that the drive is still 40x :/ 

Tim

August 8, 2002 12:29:40 PM

Turn off SmartBurn in Nero.

August 8, 2002 1:13:44 PM

:o ) Yeah all I needed was the latest Nero, I thought I had it, but a newer one had recently come out.

All seems good, but my Meida (Rated only for 24x on the box - smartburn rates at 40x) cannot handle 48x and the burn fails with smartburn off at around 60%

Tim

!