good harddisk!!

zeotrex

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2002
Hi,
Can someone let me know some of the information about harddisk. I am looking on Iomega, Maxtor, Freecom and lacie
harddisk. Other than Iomega, which brand is more reliable? I need some guide to get a new harddisk.

Thanks a lot.

Frankie

VTHobbes

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2002
Are you referring to Firewire HDs in particular? Given the manufacturers I'd assume you are. I haven't actually owned a firewire external HD yet, but I'd probably say LaCie, mainly because they've actually been making external hard drives for many years now (don't know about Freecom, but Maxtor and Iomega are pretty new to it). I do have a Que! Firedrive CD burner, which is nicely put together, don't know offhand if they make HDs though. You may want to check some Mac publications/web sites since that's where most of these drives get used.

If you mean internal drives though, I've been *very* pleased with every Seagate Barracuda IV (EIDE) that I've used.

Another possibility is to get a firewire enclosure for about $100 and then get whatever IDE drive you want to put in it.

zeotrex

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2002
Thanks for the remarks. I am about to get a usb 2 120G harddisk. Thanks again for the information provided.

Thank you.