List of games that do not work in Win XP and HT mode

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

Now that we are on the verge of dual-processor introductions, it might
be nice to compile a list of games with problems when Intel HT mode is
enabled in Win XP, but are perfectly OK when HT is disabled.

Hopefully, the dual-processor BIOSs will have the option of dropping
to single-processor ( plus non-HT for Intel Extreme ) to cope with
"legacy" software with any dual-processor/HT problems.

Here is my intial contribution:-

Arx Fatalis: latest patches --- game does not start.
AvP2 (and probably AvP2:Primal Hunt), latest patches - fails to
properly load some levels, with a blank screen and
frozen controls - reboot.

John Lewis
29 answers Last reply
More about list games work mode
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    <snip>

    > Here is my intial contribution:-
    >
    > Arx Fatalis: latest patches --- game does not start.
    > AvP2 (and probably AvP2:Primal Hunt), latest patches - fails to
    > properly load some levels, with a blank screen and
    > frozen controls - reboot.
    >
    > John Lewis

    Once I got my P4 2.8GHz Northwood C processor, I found that Thief and Thief
    2 would crash (completely lockup) during gameplay, usually within a couple
    of minutes. Too bad since I was close to finishing the first game when I
    made my upgrade. I'll probably play them on the old PIII-933 that I have
    hanging around downstairs.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    > Now that we are on the verge of dual-processor introductions, it might
    > be nice to compile a list of games with problems when Intel HT mode is
    > enabled in Win XP, but are perfectly OK when HT is disabled.
    >
    > Hopefully, the dual-processor BIOSs will have the option of dropping
    > to single-processor ( plus non-HT for Intel Extreme ) to cope with
    > "legacy" software with any dual-processor/HT problems.
    >
    > Here is my intial contribution:-
    >
    > Arx Fatalis: latest patches --- game does not start.
    > AvP2 (and probably AvP2:Primal Hunt), latest patches - fails to
    > properly load some levels, with a blank screen and
    > frozen controls - reboot.
    >
    > John Lewis

    Thief 1 & 2 don't like HT.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Command and Conquer Generals also
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "NightSky 421" <nightsky421@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
    > "John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > <snip>
    > >
    > > Here is my intial contribution:-
    > >
    > > Arx Fatalis: latest patches --- game does not start.
    > > AvP2 (and probably AvP2:Primal Hunt), latest patches - fails to
    > > properly load some levels, with a blank screen and
    > > frozen controls - reboot.
    > >
    > > John Lewis
    > >

    > Once I got my P4 2.8GHz Northwood C processor, I found that Thief and
    Thief
    > 2 would crash (completely lockup) during gameplay, usually within a couple
    > of minutes. Too bad since I was close to finishing the first game when I
    > made my upgrade. I'll probably play them on the old PIII-933 that I have
    > hanging around downstairs.

    This will show you how to play T1 & T2 on a processor with HT.

    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75031#hyperthread
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "bioderm" <shavolsky@ladavisky.com> wrote in message

    > This will show you how to play T1 & T2 on a processor with HT.
    >
    > http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75031#hyperthread

    Thanks for pointing that out. I went to the link and then another link, and
    copied the text to a file which I now have saved on my hard drive! It would
    be nice to finish these games on my main computer and this should make it
    possible.
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Another is Panzer Elite, it runs too fast and is unplayable, I don't
    remember what the fix was...
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    > Now that we are on the verge of dual-processor introductions, it might
    > be nice to compile a list of games with problems when Intel HT mode is
    > enabled in Win XP, but are perfectly OK when HT is disabled.
    >
    > Hopefully, the dual-processor BIOSs will have the option of dropping
    > to single-processor ( plus non-HT for Intel Extreme ) to cope with
    > "legacy" software with any dual-processor/HT problems.
    >
    > Here is my intial contribution:-
    >
    > Arx Fatalis: latest patches --- game does not start.
    > AvP2 (and probably AvP2:Primal Hunt), latest patches - fails to
    > properly load some levels, with a blank screen and
    > frozen controls - reboot.
    >
    > John Lewis

    Are you sure about that? I have AVP2 and PH, and have played both to
    completion on a machine with an HT processor.
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    > Now that we are on the verge of dual-processor introductions, it might
    > be nice to compile a list of games with problems when Intel HT mode is
    > enabled in Win XP, but are perfectly OK when HT is disabled.
    >
    > Hopefully, the dual-processor BIOSs will have the option of dropping
    > to single-processor ( plus non-HT for Intel Extreme ) to cope with
    > "legacy" software with any dual-processor/HT problems.
    >
    > Here is my intial contribution:-
    >
    > Arx Fatalis: latest patches --- game does not start.
    > AvP2 (and probably AvP2:Primal Hunt), latest patches - fails to
    > properly load some levels, with a blank screen and
    > frozen controls - reboot.
    >
    > John Lewis

    The first Syberia is unplayable with HT, but there's a Microids patch which
    fixes this problem.
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    I would like some clarification on all of this. I just ordered an HP
    computer with 3.2 gig P4. It says it does hyperthreading but obviously
    is not doing dual processing.

    What exacting is hyperthreading? Does it only affect dual processors?

    Is all of this likely to affect my new computer?

    Thnaks.
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis) wrote:
    >Now that we are on the verge of dual-processor introductions, it might
    >be nice to compile a list of games with problems when Intel HT mode is
    >enabled in Win XP, but are perfectly OK when HT is disabled.
    >
    >Hopefully, the dual-processor BIOSs will have the option of dropping
    >to single-processor ( plus non-HT for Intel Extreme ) to cope with
    >"legacy" software with any dual-processor/HT problems.
    >
    >Here is my intial contribution:-
    >
    >Arx Fatalis: latest patches --- game does not start.
    >AvP2 (and probably AvP2:Primal Hunt), latest patches - fails to
    > properly load some levels, with a blank screen and
    > frozen controls - reboot.

    Try ntcompatible.com
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:54:19 -0400, "REH" <bogus@nowhere.net> wrote:

    >"John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> Now that we are on the verge of dual-processor introductions, it might
    >> be nice to compile a list of games with problems when Intel HT mode is
    >> enabled in Win XP, but are perfectly OK when HT is disabled.
    >>
    >> Hopefully, the dual-processor BIOSs will have the option of dropping
    >> to single-processor ( plus non-HT for Intel Extreme ) to cope with
    >> "legacy" software with any dual-processor/HT problems.
    >>
    >> Here is my intial contribution:-
    >>
    >> Arx Fatalis: latest patches --- game does not start.
    >> AvP2 (and probably AvP2:Primal Hunt), latest patches - fails to
    >> properly load some levels, with a blank screen and
    >> frozen controls - reboot.
    >>
    >> John Lewis
    >>

    >Are you sure about that? I have AVP2 and PH, and have played both to
    >completion on a machine with an HT processor.

    AvP: Indeed I am ...by double testing.... It fails to load only
    certain levels... there could be some thread/race problems which
    makes it flaky/marginal in HT mode... I am using a 3.2Ghz Prescott.
    Very latest XP updates, except no SP2.

    ( BTW, HT mode works flawlessly otherwise on pro-software and many
    other games. I use it regularly with Adobe Premiere on the same
    machine..... )

    John Lewis

  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "JHawk" <brycej@truman.edu> once tried to test me with:

    > What exacting is hyperthreading? Does it only affect dual processors?

    You can find more info than you want to know about this using google. ;)

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    > On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:54:19 -0400, "REH" <bogus@nowhere.net> wrote:
    > >Are you sure about that? I have AVP2 and PH, and have played both to
    > >completion on a machine with an HT processor.
    > >

    > AvP: Indeed I am ...by double testing.... It fails to load only
    > certain levels... there could be some thread/race problems which
    > makes it flaky/marginal in HT mode... I am using a 3.2Ghz Prescott.
    > Very latest XP updates, except no SP2.
    >
    > ( BTW, HT mode works flawlessly otherwise on pro-software and many
    > other games. I use it regularly with Adobe Premiere on the same
    > machine..... )
    >
    > John Lewis

    How do you know that it is failing because of HT? I have a P4 3.06GHz with
    XP and never had a problem with the game.

    REH

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:55:25 GMT, i own a yacht <me@privacy.net>
    wrote:

    >> Thanks for the first comment in this thread totally unrelated to the
    >> heading. Have a banana......
    >
    >you're right. what kind of person would bring their steam baggage into
    >an unrelated thread? a scoundrel, that's who! (or perhaps a hypocritical
    >old twit who's done the same thing dozens of times in the past. i'll let
    >you off the hook and assume it's just senility kicking in.)

    lmao
  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:24:56 -0400, "REH" <bogus@nowhere.net> wrote:

    >"John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:54:19 -0400, "REH" <bogus@nowhere.net> wrote:
    >> >Are you sure about that? I have AVP2 and PH, and have played both to
    >> >completion on a machine with an HT processor.
    >> >

    >> AvP: Indeed I am ...by double testing.... It fails to load only
    >> certain levels... there could be some thread/race problems which
    >> makes it flaky/marginal in HT mode... I am using a 3.2Ghz Prescott.
    >> Very latest XP updates, except no SP2.
    >>
    >> ( BTW, HT mode works flawlessly otherwise on pro-software and many
    >> other games. I use it regularly with Adobe Premiere on the same
    >> machine..... )
    >>
    >> John Lewis
    >>
    >How do you know that it is failing because of HT? I have a P4 3.06GHz with
    >XP and never had a problem with the game.
    >
    >REH

    Turn HT off in BIOS it works, turn it on it doesn't....reboot-time.
    Likely to be a marginal software problem, since it is confined to a
    specific level load in AvP2. Maybe an attribute of using HT on a
    Prescott with the1Meg cache instead of Northwood with 512K...
    Who knows ??

    BTW, it is not a system-problem with my machine. I have a very
    large collection of PC action titles, and Arx Fatalis and AvP2 are
    the only 2 (so far seen) having problems with HT mode on my
    (3.2GHz) Prescott machine...

    John Lewis
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Uhm... both C&C Generals & Zero Hour run perfectly fine on my PIV 3.4G
    HT.
  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:07:25 GMT, john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis)
    wrote:

    >Turn HT off in BIOS it works, turn it on it doesn't....reboot-time.
    >Likely to be a marginal software problem, since it is confined to a
    >specific level load in AvP2. Maybe an attribute of using HT on a
    >Prescott with the1Meg cache instead of Northwood with 512K...
    >Who knows ??
    >
    >BTW, it is not a system-problem with my machine. I have a very
    >large collection of PC action titles, and Arx Fatalis and AvP2 are
    >the only 2 (so far seen) having problems with HT mode on my
    >(3.2GHz) Prescott machine...
    >
    >John Lewis

    You think HT is a problem with some older games now> Wait until dual
    core cpu's come out, I predict a big friggin' headache for gamer's.
    And then when Longhorn comes out I expect we may as well all dump our
    beloved PC's and go Mac.
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    > Turn HT off in BIOS it works, turn it on it doesn't....reboot-time.
    > Likely to be a marginal software problem, since it is confined to a
    > specific level load in AvP2. Maybe an attribute of using HT on a
    > Prescott with the1Meg cache instead of Northwood with 512K...
    > Who knows ??
    >
    > BTW, it is not a system-problem with my machine. I have a very
    > large collection of PC action titles, and Arx Fatalis and AvP2 are
    > the only 2 (so far seen) having problems with HT mode on my
    > (3.2GHz) Prescott machine...
    >
    > John Lewis

    Maybe its a problem with HT in the Prescott. I have a Northwood.

    REH
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Aldwyn Edain wrote:

    > On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:07:25 GMT, john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis)
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Turn HT off in BIOS it works, turn it on it doesn't....reboot-time.
    >>Likely to be a marginal software problem, since it is confined to a
    >>specific level load in AvP2. Maybe an attribute of using HT on a
    >>Prescott with the1Meg cache instead of Northwood with 512K...
    >>Who knows ??
    >>
    >>BTW, it is not a system-problem with my machine. I have a very
    >>large collection of PC action titles, and Arx Fatalis and AvP2 are
    >>the only 2 (so far seen) having problems with HT mode on my
    >>(3.2GHz) Prescott machine...
    >>
    >>John Lewis
    >

    > You think HT is a problem with some older games now> Wait until dual
    > core cpu's come out, I predict a big friggin' headache for gamer's.
    > And then when Longhorn comes out I expect we may as well all dump our
    > beloved PC's and go Mac.

    Ug...Longhorn. While it has some cool features, it really is only built
    for business and to integrate with Win2k3 Server....
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote:
    >Ug...Longhorn. While it has some cool features, it really is only built
    >for business and to integrate with Win2k3 Server....

    Except that Longhorn will have a new graphics system that's better
    integrated with the next version of DirectX. Microsoft isn't planning
    on releasing a new version of DirectX until Longhorn comes out, and I'm
    not sure if the next version of DirectX will support Windows XP or any
    earlier version of Windows. Longhorn may be the only option for games
    that want to use Shader Model 4.0, for example.

    Ross Ridge

    --
    l/ // Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU
    [oo][oo] rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca

    Ross Ridge wrote:
    > James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Ug...Longhorn. While it has some cool features, it really is only built
    >>for business and to integrate with Win2k3 Server....
    >

    > Except that Longhorn will have a new graphics system that's better
    > integrated with the next version of DirectX. Microsoft isn't planning
    > on releasing a new version of DirectX until Longhorn comes out, and I'm
    > not sure if the next version of DirectX will support Windows XP or any
    > earlier version of Windows. Longhorn may be the only option for games
    > that want to use Shader Model 4.0, for example.

    I've heard this hype before from MS and I just don't believe it. I
    don't see how integrating DirectX right into the OS (which is what it
    sounds like what they are doing...making a kernel "module" of DirectX)
    is going to help their business customers. Plus, Longhorn has had a lot
    of claims, but very few have actually seen the light of day.
  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    You don't need to disable HT to use your games\software. Simply set the
    affinity for the games\software to a single processor.

    IIRC, 9x compatibility modes has an affinity layer built in, never
    tried it tho since I usually set affinity manually.
  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Ross Ridge wrote:
    > Except that Longhorn will have a new graphics system that's better
    > integrated with the next version of DirectX. Microsoft isn't planning
    > on releasing a new version of DirectX until Longhorn comes out, and I'm
    > not sure if the next version of DirectX will support Windows XP or any
    > earlier version of Windows. Longhorn may be the only option for games
    > that want to use Shader Model 4.0, for example.

    James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote:
    >I've heard this hype before from MS and I just don't believe it.

    There's really no reason to disbelieve it. Microsoft has made it very
    clear there won't be a new version of DirectX until Longhorn comes out.
    Video card vendors are already working with Microsoft on new drivers
    and new hardware to support the new graphics system.

    >I don't see how integrating DirectX right into the OS (which is what it
    >sounds like what they are doing...making a kernel "module" of DirectX)
    >is going to help their business customers.

    DirectX is already intergrated into the operating system. It's part
    of the kernel and driver architecture. What they're doing now is
    integrating Direct3D with their new Windows graphics system, called
    Windows Graphics Fondation (WGF). The graphics system that normal
    Windows applications use today, GDI, just isn't able benefit from the
    accelerated 3D capabilities that all video cards have today. With WDF,
    Windows will be able to use 3D accelerated graphics to speed up the
    drawing of normal Windows applications, and to perform special effects
    that weren't possible or practical before. Even the lowest end business
    desktop sold today includes integrated 3D accelerated graphics, so this
    will help their business customers too.

    >Plus, Longhorn has had a lot of claims, but very few have actually seen
    >the light of day.

    Longhorn hasn't seen the light of day. As I said, we won't be seeing
    a new version of DirectX until Longhorn is released.

    Ross Ridge

    --
    l/ // Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU
    [oo][oo] rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca
    -()-/()/ http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/u/rridge/
    db //
  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Quoth The Raven "Ross Ridge"<rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> in
    d46as4$kch$2@rumours.uwaterloo.ca
    > James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote:
    >>Ug...Longhorn. While it has some cool features, it really is only
    >>built for business and to integrate with Win2k3 Server....
    >
    > Except that Longhorn will have a new graphics system that's better
    > integrated with the next version of DirectX. Microsoft isn't planning
    > on releasing a new version of DirectX until Longhorn comes out, and
    > I'm not sure if the next version of DirectX will support Windows XP
    > or any earlier version of Windows. Longhorn may be the only option
    > for games that want to use Shader Model 4.0, for example.
    >
    > Ross Ridge

    longhorn will now be a service pack for XP in 2006

    --
    Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went
    nuts. - Stephen Wright

    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Highlandish wrote:

    > Quoth The Raven "Ross Ridge"<rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> in
    > d46as4$kch$2@rumours.uwaterloo.ca
    >
    >>James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Ug...Longhorn. While it has some cool features, it really is only
    >>>built for business and to integrate with Win2k3 Server....
    >>
    >>Except that Longhorn will have a new graphics system that's better
    >>integrated with the next version of DirectX. Microsoft isn't planning
    >>on releasing a new version of DirectX until Longhorn comes out, and
    >>I'm not sure if the next version of DirectX will support Windows XP
    >>or any earlier version of Windows. Longhorn may be the only option
    >>for games that want to use Shader Model 4.0, for example.
    >>
    >>Ross Ridge
    >

    > longhorn will now be a service pack for XP in 2006

    LOL...huh? OMFG you are serious!! AAHHH!!! ;-)
  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "DosFreak" <d0sfreak@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > You don't need to disable HT to use your games\software. Simply set the
    > affinity for the games\software to a single processor.

    How ?

    Regards
  27. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "Terry" <terry@tbean.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "DosFreak" <d0sfreak@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> You don't need to disable HT to use your games\software. Simply set the
    >> affinity for the games\software to a single processor.
    >>

    > How ?

    Use the imagecfg tool - details at
    http://www16.brinkster.com/salvage/thief/darkengine.htm
  28. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "SpammersDie" <xx@xx.xx> wrote in message

    > "Terry" <terry@tbean.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "DosFreak" <d0sfreak@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>> You don't need to disable HT to use your games\software. Simply set the
    >>> affinity for the games\software to a single processor.
    >>>

    >> How ?
    >
    > Use the imagecfg tool - details at
    > http://www16.brinkster.com/salvage/thief/darkengine.htm

    Thanks
  29. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Quoth The Raven "James Garvin"<jgarvin2004@comcast.net> in
    s6WdnYXLxusAsPrfRVn-qQ@comcast.com
    > Highlandish wrote:
    >
    >> Quoth The Raven "Ross Ridge"<rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> in
    >> d46as4$kch$2@rumours.uwaterloo.ca

    >>>Except that Longhorn will have a new graphics system that's better
    >>>integrated with the next version of DirectX. Microsoft isn't
    >>>planning on releasing a new version of DirectX until Longhorn comes
    >>>out, and I'm not sure if the next version of DirectX will support
    >>>Windows XP or any earlier version of Windows. Longhorn may be the
    >>>only option for games that want to use Shader Model 4.0, for example.
    >>>
    >>>Ross Ridge
    >>

    >> longhorn will now be a service pack for XP in 2006
    >
    > LOL...huh? OMFG you are serious!! AAHHH!!! ;-)

    true! it turned out that corporations wont buy longhorn and wont give up XP
    until at least 2010, so longhorn is said to be the next service pack without
    winfs, which will be included as either a service pack for server2003 or sp4
    for xp

    --
    "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing
    without work." - Emile Zola (1840-1902)

    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

PC gaming Games Dual Processor IBM Video Games