Sign in with
Your question

nforce audio or sb live for gaming?

Last response: in Components
August 7, 2002 7:16:56 PM

does the nforce audio support any kind of 3d positioning for gaming? ive finally had it with my via board so i went with an nforce based board. should i ditch the sb live?

....the birds seemed to be calling him, thought caw....
August 8, 2002 2:43:00 AM

The nForce supports a lot of different 3D affects for gaming, including EAX, A3D 1.0, and that other common one.

<font color=blue>By now you're probably wishing you had asked more questions first!</font color=blue>
August 8, 2002 2:49:26 AM

sweet.... f sound blaster.

Related resources
August 8, 2002 3:28:31 PM

Almost anything is better than SB Live....

nforce, audigy, tbsc, gtxp, ae, sf, mx300, monego2...you name it its better.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out
August 9, 2002 6:14:27 AM

is there any kind of interface for the audio? i have installed everything... you know, something for fading front and back speakers etc...

August 9, 2002 7:16:36 AM

You'll have to talk to an nForce expert on that! It would be perfectly like nVidia to have an awesome audio solution and no user interface, nVidia is that kind of company!

<font color=blue>By now you're probably wishing you had asked more questions first!</font color=blue>
August 9, 2002 8:04:45 AM

hmmmm..... well, i've looked all over... i really dont think there is anything. thats pretty funny. i guess i should try posting in the gaming or mobo forums...

August 9, 2002 10:23:55 AM

Maybe there is an nVidia motherboards forum elsewhere on the net?

August 12, 2002 5:50:12 PM

well, i found an nforce forum and posted my question, and i called leadtek. it seems that there is no way to adjust the nforce audio... that sucks b/c my front speakers are 3 feet from my face while the back ones are 15 feet away. i have no way to even the sound out. frustrating.

August 12, 2002 7:51:36 PM

Ah, well, I used two sets of speakers instead of on 5-piece set on my system, so even though my card had a built in fader I didn't need to use it!

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
!