Rather short battery life on motv400

Good afternoon to all. Can anyone tell me how to get more out of my motv400
battery? I have 2 brand new phones one for me and one for my wife and we
can get about 1.5 days of use out of the things. Why is the life on this
unit so bad or am I missing something? Any thoughts would be helpful. The
phones are great and work quite well. The battery is whatever came with
them. Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about rather short battery life motv400

    John W. Hess wrote:

    > Good afternoon to all. Can anyone tell me how to get more out of my motv400
    > battery? I have 2 brand new phones one for me and one for my wife and we
    > can get about 1.5 days of use out of the things. Why is the life on this
    > unit so bad or am I missing something? Any thoughts would be helpful. The
    > phones are great and work quite well. The battery is whatever came with
    > them. Thanks.

    The battery that came with your v400 is a 700mAh battery. Assuming that
    there's nothing wrong with the phone that's causing the battery life to
    be below normal, you can purchase higher capacity batteries for your
    phone. I think the biggest battery you can get for the v400 is a
    1100mAh battery, albeit you have to use some trickery to make it fit. I
    don't know whether the 1000mAh battery would fit as-is.

    Personally we haven't had problems with the battery life of the two
    v400s we have. But then, maybe you just talk more! :D

    Do you have the phone in a case or just loose in your pocket? I had my
    V400 in a tight-fitting generic case which seemed to be always pressing
    on the buttons on the phone sides. I'd pull the phone out of the case
    and the external display backlight would be on; 2/3 of the battery would
    be gone after a single day.

    I switched to a firm case from Cingular with sides that extend past the
    phone buttons and now a full battery charge lasts for 3-4 days with no
    problem.

    I imagine the same problem can happen with the phone loose in your pocket.

    Frank

    Kael Vaeltaja wrote:
    > John W. Hess wrote:
    >
    >> Good afternoon to all. Can anyone tell me how to get more out of my
    >> motv400
    >> battery? I have 2 brand new phones one for me and one for my wife and we
    >> can get about 1.5 days of use out of the things. Why is the life on this
    >> unit so bad or am I missing something? Any thoughts would be
    >> helpful. The
    >> phones are great and work quite well. The battery is whatever came with
    >> them. Thanks.
    >

    > The battery that came with your v400 is a 700mAh battery. Assuming that
    > there's nothing wrong with the phone that's causing the battery life to
    > be below normal, you can purchase higher capacity batteries for your
    > phone. I think the biggest battery you can get for the v400 is a
    > 1100mAh battery, albeit you have to use some trickery to make it fit. I
    > don't know whether the 1000mAh battery would fit as-is.
    >
    > Personally we haven't had problems with the battery life of the two
    > v400s we have. But then, maybe you just talk more! :D

Motorola Battery Phones