Do cell phones work with all companies?

Hello, will a Motorolo V60i work on the Cellular One Network?
Do various cell phone models work on all networks?
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
5 answers Last reply
More about cell phones work companies

    "jaspenn" <jaspenn@cox.net> wrote in message
    news:e918238c.0405231630.5c70d43b@posting.google.com...
    > Hello, will a Motorolo V60i work on the Cellular One Network?
    > Do various cell phone models work on all networks?
    > Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

    I haven't heard of a phone not working on a network.

    Nor would I expect it to happen.

    Unless the phone has been previously locked to another provider, in which
    case it will only work with that provider ... until it gets unlocked.

    The v60i is a TDMA phone so if Cellular One is a TDMA carrier it should
    work fine. It will not work on Sprint, Verizon or TMo but will on ATT
    and some Cingular areas.

    From:jaspenn
    jaspenn@cox.net

    "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    > The v60i is a TDMA phone so if Cellular One is a TDMA carrier it should
    > work fine. It will not work on Sprint, Verizon or TMo but will on ATT
    > and some Cingular areas.

    Not necessarily. My v60i is CDMA operating on VZW. You've struck on the key
    point; whether a phone will work across providers depends on the phone's
    being technically compatible - GSM/TDMA/CDMA (AND being unlocked from
    whatever initial provider).

    Bruce, thanks! Is there an easy source that lists cell phones and
    their type and the cell companies and their network types?
    Thanks again.

    "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message news:<8uksc.10621$wO4.7050@twister.socal.rr.com>...
    > The v60i is a TDMA phone so if Cellular One is a TDMA carrier it should
    > work fine. It will not work on Sprint, Verizon or TMo but will on ATT
    > and some Cingular areas.
    >
    > From:jaspenn
    > jaspenn@cox.net
    >
    > > Hello, will a Motorolo V60i work on the Cellular One Network?
    > > Do various cell phone models work on all networks?
    > > Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

    There are probably others but the best source I know of is:
    http://www.phonescoop.com/

    From:jaspenn
    jaspenn@cox.net

    > Bruce, thanks! Is there an easy source that lists cell phones and
    > their type and the cell companies and their network types?
    > Thanks again.
    >

    > "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    >> The v60i is a TDMA phone so if Cellular One is a TDMA carrier it
    >> should work fine. It will not work on Sprint, Verizon or TMo but
    >> will on ATT and some Cingular areas.
    >>
    >> From:jaspenn
    >> jaspenn@cox.net
    >>
    >>> Hello, will a Motorolo V60i work on the Cellular One Network?
    >>> Do various cell phone models work on all networks?
    >>> Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Motorola Cell Phones