Do cell phones work with all companies?

Last response: in Brands
May 23, 2004 9:30:10 PM

Hello, will a Motorolo V60i work on the Cellular One Network?
Do various cell phone models work on all networks?
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous
May 24, 2004 11:51:22 AM

"jaspenn" <jaspenn@cox.net> wrote in message
> Hello, will a Motorolo V60i work on the Cellular One Network?
> Do various cell phone models work on all networks?
> Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I haven't heard of a phone not working on a network.

Nor would I expect it to happen.

Unless the phone has been previously locked to another provider, in which
case it will only work with that provider ... until it gets unlocked.
Anonymous
May 24, 2004 2:52:52 PM

The v60i is a TDMA phone so if Cellular One is a TDMA carrier it should
work fine. It will not work on Sprint, Verizon or TMo but will on ATT
and some Cingular areas.

From:jaspenn
jaspenn@cox.net

> Hello, will a Motorolo V60i work on the Cellular One Network?
> Do various cell phone models work on all networks?
> Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
May 24, 2004 2:52:53 PM

"BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
> The v60i is a TDMA phone so if Cellular One is a TDMA carrier it should
> work fine. It will not work on Sprint, Verizon or TMo but will on ATT
> and some Cingular areas.

Not necessarily. My v60i is CDMA operating on VZW. You've struck on the key
point; whether a phone will work across providers depends on the phone's
being technically compatible - GSM/TDMA/CDMA (AND being unlocked from
whatever initial provider).
Anonymous
May 24, 2004 2:52:53 PM

Bruce, thanks! Is there an easy source that lists cell phones and
their type and the cell companies and their network types?
Thanks again.

"BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message news:<8uksc.10621$wO4.7050@twister.socal.rr.com>...
> The v60i is a TDMA phone so if Cellular One is a TDMA carrier it should
> work fine. It will not work on Sprint, Verizon or TMo but will on ATT
> and some Cingular areas.
>
> From:jaspenn
> jaspenn@cox.net
>
> > Hello, will a Motorolo V60i work on the Cellular One Network?
> > Do various cell phone models work on all networks?
> > Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous
May 24, 2004 11:55:44 PM

There are probably others but the best source I know of is:
http://www.phonescoop.com/

From:jaspenn
jaspenn@cox.net

!