Need help in finding an easy FPS game for playing on a PC.

I have always stayed away from computer games as I had little interest
in them. However my husband has me interested of late.

He tried to get me to play PainKiller and soon Doom3.

I just want a basic Windows shoot-em-up (or other type if you have a
recommendation) game that has decent graphics, decent sound, is fun,
not too hard, etc...

Perhaps a military type game might be good or trying to save someone. I
do not like shooting ghouls or searching for a lot of clues, etc...

What I did not like about "PainKiller-Heaven's got a Hitman": Good
graphics but I am not one to try to capture every Soul, every goodie in
every casket/box, etc..., crawling around a cemetary and so on. I can
see the gun but nothing else. But perhaps that is ok.

Have not tried Doom yet as I think it will overwhelm me with levels,
hidden things, special cheats and so on.....

I like a decent challenge but not an elaborate puzzle to solve. Just
want some enjoyment. I know there are some Java/Flash games out there
but I am willing to pay for a decent game even if it has Multiplayer
capability for free (cheap) via broadband.

Got the necessary hardware.

Thanks for any recommendations. I did download a few demos and went to
a few review sites.

Thanks in advance
Patty

Americas army is a good free fps. It doesn't have single player but
the multiplayer is free. It is way more realistic than games like
counter strike.

Turk

Distinguished
May 25, 2003

<pattyjamas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have always stayed away from computer games as I had little interest
> in them. However my husband has me interested of late.
>

> He tried to get me to play PainKiller and soon Doom3.
>

> I just want a basic Windows shoot-em-up (or other type if you have a
> recommendation) game that has decent graphics, decent sound, is fun,
> not too hard, etc...
>
> Perhaps a military type game might be good or trying to save someone. I
> do not like shooting ghouls or searching for a lot of clues, etc...
>

> What I did not like about "PainKiller-Heaven's got a Hitman": Good
> graphics but I am not one to try to capture every Soul, every goodie in
> every casket/box, etc..., crawling around a cemetary and so on. I can
> see the gun but nothing else. But perhaps that is ok.
>

> Have not tried Doom yet as I think it will overwhelm me with levels,
> hidden things, special cheats and so on.....
>

> I like a decent challenge but not an elaborate puzzle to solve. Just
> want some enjoyment. I know there are some Java/Flash games out there
> but I am willing to pay for a decent game even if it has Multiplayer
> capability for free (cheap) via broadband.
>

> Got the necessary hardware.
>

> Thanks for any recommendations. I did download a few demos and went to
> a few review sites.

If you want to go strategic, try the new SWAT 4 or older stuff like Rainbow
6. Those are squad based but they emphasize rescues and fulfilling mission
goals over killing. As far as just a simple FPS without too much puzzle
solving, try out Return to Castle Wolfenstein (I think you can still dl the
multiplayer free) or one of the Serious Sam games.

turk
--
"As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely,
the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great

pattyjamas@hotmail.com wrote:
> I like a decent challenge but not an elaborate puzzle to solve. Just
> want some enjoyment. I know there are some Java/Flash games out there
> but I am willing to pay for a decent game even if it has Multiplayer
> capability for free (cheap) via broadband.

Have you tried Half-Life? The original is an excellent game and is
available for very little. There's a demo called "uplink" freely
available on the web.

There are aliens to shoot as well as soldiers, but it's not all combat
(like Serious Sam or Doom). There are puzzles, but you're not looking
for clues or secrets. They're typically situations like crossing a room
that's flooded and with a live electric current in the water (ie. don't
touch the water and jump from floating table to floating table). You
can usually see where you're trying to get to, and there's only one way
forward anyway.

It's a challenge, but not stupidly difficult. The enemy AI is good, but
the soldiers will still hide behind explosive barrels or throw grenades
too close to each other, so you can outwit them fairly easily.

Part of the appeal of HL is that it is one long, continuous story, not
a series of disconnected missions. But it takes you through different
environments, different styles of play. One minute you can be in a
frantic firefight, the next you're working your way around a
precariously narrrow ledge on a high cliff. Weapons and monsters are
gradually introduced and the game is full of variety and surprises.

Hi Patty,
This grandma just mastered Half Life, the original. It is so much fun
you get addicted fast and there is a training level. That was the
hardest part. There is no way to avoid the initial frustration of
learning the interface, which by the way, is basic to all first person
shooters. But with patient persistance you can. It comes suddenly. I
was at it until I thought there was no hope but then all at once, I
could do it. I highly recommend a track ball mouse. For me the hardest
manoevers are the crouching jump, which I have finally mastered, and
strafing...running side to side and firing. In Half Life as in all
FPS's, you use a combination of keyboard and mouse. Half LIfe is great
because you can get it cheap now that it is relatively old. When you
install it, you get a CD key with your disk. You will have to get an
account (free) at Steampowered.com which is run by Valve, the maker of
Half LIfe. What ever you do...do NOT ever lose your user name and
password to Steam. HL runs through your Steam account. It has about a
hundred mods...modifications...free downloadable games that have been
written as add-ons by fans. Some of them are as fun as the original
game, like The Hunger. Once I got through the training level, I first
played the game on the easy level. You get to choose your level of
difficulty every time you start a new game. Playing on easy gave me
enough successes that I never got discouraged and gave up like I did on
some others. Half LIfe comes with many other games attached to in the
same package, like Counter Strike and Day of Defeat. DOD is online and
very fun and I always get my butt seriously kicked. I play online with
my sons who are scattered all over the country. It's a way for us to
hang out and be together though we are miles apart.
I cannot recommend the Half Life series too much. It has opened up a
new world for me and has created a wonderful bridge between myself and
many people. Now I am playing a new mod called Conundrum and I am now
up to the difficulty level, Hard. I'm feeling ready to tackle Half LIfe
2. Gotta get that gravity gun! Good luck.

nostromo

Assuming you're not a troll patty ;-), go with Serious Sam: The 2nd
Encounter - noone knows good, mindless, wholesale destruction like us Cros

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

pattyjamas@hotmail.com wrote:
>I have always stayed away from computer games as I had little interest
>in them. However my husband has me interested of late.
>
>He tried to get me to play PainKiller and soon Doom3.
>

>I just want a basic Windows shoot-em-up (or other type if you have a
>recommendation) game that has decent graphics, decent sound, is fun,
>not too hard, etc...
>
>Perhaps a military type game might be good or trying to save someone. I
>do not like shooting ghouls or searching for a lot of clues, etc...
>
>What I did not like about "PainKiller-Heaven's got a Hitman": Good
>graphics but I am not one to try to capture every Soul, every goodie in
>every casket/box, etc..., crawling around a cemetary and so on. I can
>see the gun but nothing else. But perhaps that is ok.
>
>Have not tried Doom yet as I think it will overwhelm me with levels,
>hidden things, special cheats and so on.....
>
>I like a decent challenge but not an elaborate puzzle to solve. Just
>want some enjoyment. I know there are some Java/Flash games out there
>but I am willing to pay for a decent game even if it has Multiplayer
>capability for free (cheap) via broadband.
>
>Got the necessary hardware.
>
>Thanks for any recommendations. I did download a few demos and went to
>a few review sites.

Try Serious Sam. It's mostly mindless fun. I haven't heard that it has
mazes or key hunting.
Try some military shooters like Delta Force if you want mission based
stuff.

Toby

On 2005-04-19, Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote:
> Try Serious Sam. It's mostly mindless fun. I haven't heard that it has
> mazes or key hunting.

This is what I was going to suggest. The difficulty settings are very
good (you can set it all the way from "impossible" to "i automatically
regenerate over time easy", and if you don't like the difficulty, you
can change it midway through the game.

It's a totally fun shoot-em-up, nothing else. It will also only cost you
about £8, but looks very pretty too.

--
Toby.
field to circumvent my email filters.

ivorybow wrote:
> Hi Patty,
> This grandma just mastered Half Life, the original. It is so much fun
> you get addicted fast and there is a training level. That was the
> hardest part. There is no way to avoid the initial frustration of
> learning the interface, which by the way, is basic to all first person
> shooters. But with patient persistance you can. It comes suddenly. I
> was at it until I thought there was no hope but then all at once, I
> could do it. I highly recommend a track ball mouse. For me the hardest
> manoevers are the crouching jump, which I have finally mastered, and
> strafing...running side to side and firing. In Half Life as in all
> FPS's, you use a combination of keyboard and mouse. Half LIfe is great
> because you can get it cheap now that it is relatively old. When you
> install it, you get a CD key with your disk. You will have to get an
> account (free) at Steampowered.com which is run by Valve, the maker of
> Half LIfe. What ever you do...do NOT ever lose your user name and
> password to Steam. HL runs through your Steam account. It has about a
> hundred mods...modifications...free downloadable games that have been
> written as add-ons by fans. Some of them are as fun as the original
> game, like The Hunger. Once I got through the training level, I first
> played the game on the easy level. You get to choose your level of
> difficulty every time you start a new game. Playing on easy gave me
> enough successes that I never got discouraged and gave up like I did on
> some others. Half LIfe comes with many other games attached to in the
> same package, like Counter Strike and Day of Defeat. DOD is online and
> very fun and I always get my butt seriously kicked. I play online with
> my sons who are scattered all over the country. It's a way for us to
> hang out and be together though we are miles apart.
> I cannot recommend the Half Life series too much. It has opened up a
> new world for me and has created a wonderful bridge between myself and
> many people. Now I am playing a new mod called Conundrum and I am now
> up to the difficulty level, Hard. I'm feeling ready to tackle Half LIfe
> 2. Gotta get that gravity gun! Good luck.

I agree Half-Life and Half-Life 2 are well worth checking out, I love 'em!

A couple of games I'd recommend:

Full Spectrum Warrior: It LOOKS like a 3rd person shooter with nice
graphics, but it's actually a strategy game. You control 2 US army
fireteams in urban combat. You don't need fast reactions to play, just
good planning on how to approach. It's been out for a while and is
marked down in a lot of places. A demo is available.

FarCry: Very nice graphics if you have the hardware to run it. Most
levels are set outside in bright daylight on a tropical island. A nice
change from the "dark and gloomy" shooters you usually see. You're
able to drive trucks, buggys, boats, and hang gliders. It's been out
for a while and is usually marked down
A demo is available.

Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory: Mostly about stealth and concealment. You
play as a spy and have to infiltrate various places. There is killing
in the game, but if you try and start a gunbattle you'll often lose.
It's a new game and is full price most stores.
A demo is available.

Swat 4: You lead a 5 man swat team. The object of the missions is to
try NOT to kill people. (sometimes you have to) Nice graphics and it
randomizes the positions of suspects and civilians every time you
play. This makes for good replayability since you never know where
people are going to be next time you try the mission. Some of the
missions are VERY difficult. New game. Full price most stores.
A demo is available.

Call of Duty: THE ww2 shooter. The expansion is a bit tough, but the
original game starts out easy enough, looks great, and is lots of fun.
It's been out for a while and is often marked down.
A demo is available.

Tribes:Vengance: A sci-fi shooter. Tribes used to be multiplay only.
This version has a decent single player game where you play from the
viewpoint of a number of different characters. There are vehicles and
aircraft, but often your main transportation is your jetpack. This can
take some getting used to, but is fun once you do. It's been out for a
while and is usually marked down.
Don't know if there's a demo

Undying: This is an older game and can be had fairly cheap now. It's a
horror FPS. You use various guns and magic. The creepy old mansion in
the beginning is one of my favorite game locations.
I don't think there's a demo of this one.

I've mentioned if there's a demo for most of these. You can see if you
like the gameplay for free and if you don't it only costs you time. If
you like it you're more comfortable buying it.
I've found 3dgamers.com to be a good site for demo DL's, but you can
usually get them from the publishers site as well.

Good luck.

Remove nospam_ to reply by email

Jeff H........

Lies, All lies. Don't believe a word Difool/sayNO says.
He fears the truth!

> Tribes:Vengance: A sci-fi shooter. Tribes used to be multiplay only.
> This version has a decent single player game where you play from the
> viewpoint of a number of different characters. There are vehicles and
> aircraft, but often your main transportation is your jetpack. This can
> take some getting used to, but is fun once you do. It's been out for a
> while and is usually marked down.
> Don't know if there's a demo

There are three demos available, actually. Two single-player and one
multiplayer. Here's one place to download them all:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tribesvengeance/downloads.html

Another good sci-fi game is TRON 2.0. You can probably pick it up for $10 to
$15 these days.

- f_f

jh> Undying: This is an older game and can be had fairly cheap
jh> now. It's a horror FPS. You use various guns and magic. The creepy
jh> old mansion in the beginning is one of my favorite game locations.
jh> I don't think there's a demo of this one.

There is: http://tinyurl.com/as5to

Pretty short though. The game itself is good, although it drags a bit later
on.

Regards, Hartmut "spooky" Schmider
--
Hartmut Schmider, Queen's University

We are capable of sacrificing ourselves for sentiment.
Sentimentality exacts the sacrifice of others.
Yoritomo-Tashi

"faster_framerates" <nothanks@nowhere.net> wrote:
>> Tribes:Vengance: A sci-fi shooter. Tribes used to be multiplay only.
>> This version has a decent single player game where you play from the
>> viewpoint of a number of different characters. There are vehicles and
>> aircraft, but often your main transportation is your jetpack. This can
>> take some getting used to, but is fun once you do. It's been out for a
>> while and is usually marked down.
>> Don't know if there's a demo
>
>There are three demos available, actually. Two single-player and one
>multiplayer. Here's one place to download them all:
>
>http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tribesvengeance/downloads.html
>
>Another good sci-fi game is TRON 2.0. You can probably pick it up for $10 to
>$15 these days.

Too many stupidly difficult points for this person.

Toby

On 2005-04-20, stePH <acetheta@earthlink.net> wrote:
> "turk" <turk96@comcast.net> wrote in
>
>> As far as just a simple FPS without too much puzzle
>> solving, try out ... one of the Serious Sam games
>

> She said *easy* FPS game. SS may be simple, but it's far from easy.
>
> stePH,
> finished on Normal and replaying on Hard ... glutton for punishment

If you play Serious Sam on easy, your health regenerates. It's almost
impossible to die!

--
Toby.
field to circumvent my email filters.
Ignore any mail delivery error.

"jh" suggested:

> > Undying: This is an older game and can be had fairly cheap
> > now. It's a horror FPS. You use various guns and magic. The creepy
> > old mansion in the beginning is one of my favorite game locations.
> > I don't think there's a demo of this one.

"Hartmut Schmider" answered:

> There is: http://tinyurl.com/as5to
>
> Pretty short though. The game itself is good, although it drags a bit
later
> on.

"Clive Barker's Undying" was one of the first scary action/FPS games I ever
played (coming from Adventure game roots) and it took me a little while to
learn how to use *both* hands to perform spells with one hand and hold a
weapon with other. Memorizing the keyboard commands was rather foreign to
me, as well.

Even though during some of the more graphic-intensive scenes (for example,
the snow falling at the Monastery; the boss scenes; fighting Aaron) and I
was jerking and spazzing along because my CPU speed wasn't up to par, it
never crashed on me - ever.

Undying also had some really wickedly funny elements to it. The dog-wolf
creatures - the Howlers - were relentless and frightening (especially in the
"Hall Scene" in the Mansion - beautifully done), but you if shot a Howler
from a distance and only grazed him, he would do this funny "Ya-da-da-da" 3
Stooges-like head shake ("Brrrr!!!") then get really P.O.'ed and come after
you full-force. Very natural reaction, I'd say.

A spellcasting feature I thought was the cat's meow was the "Skull Storm".
You charge the skulls up (in other words, build up their fire power and
distance capacity) by holding down the appropriate key *just* *long*
*enough*, then they would turn (from facing you) towards your target, and
take off - screaming, cackling, and laughing!

But look out! If you didn't let go of the key at just the right time, they
would come at you and blow your butt to kingdom come! You had to charge them
up, aim, and then at the right moment - let 'er rip! Ker-plooey! What fun!

Undying still has quite a fan base, and a beautifully done fansite called
"Standing Stones" here:

http://www.3dactionplanet.com/undying/

Undying was heavily criticized for not being multi-player, but there is a
wealth of fan-based mods for this game. One of the latest is for Sims 2,
playing as the Covenant Family.

There is also a fan sequel in the works called "Strange Aeons", with a
website here:

http://www.angelfire.com/scary/strangeaeons/

It's a shame that Undying was a commercial disappointment. It had elements
of FPS, Action, Adventure, and RPG all in one game. EA Games doesn't even
list it on ther website any longer.

It's a good thing one can still find it easily- and for just a few bucks.

Mark

Hartmut Schmider wrote:

> jh> Undying:

> Pretty short though. The game itself is good, although it drags a bit
> later on.

True, but it does creepy so well. Seeing those werewolf-type
creatures (howlers?) galloping towards you across a twilit glen
was more eerie than anything in Doom 3.

It's quite a tricky game though, in that for most
of it you have to learn to use both a weapon and magic
at the same time. Not for the undextrous.

P.

On 21 Apr 2005 23:02:06 +0200, stePH <acetheta@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Toby <google@asktoby.com> wrote in news:slrnd6dh94.u3f.google@ID-
>171443.user.uni-berlin.de:
>
>> If you play Serious Sam on easy, your health regenerates. It's almost
>> impossible to die!
>>

>Sure that's "Easy" and not "Tourist"?

Definatly not - I've been attempting to Ironman the first SS episode, and
all Easy does is use a reduced monster set. Normal, Hard and Serious
include different sets of monsters (but Higher difficulties usually have
more monsters or replace some with tougher counterparts).

The only two special difficulties is Tourist, with greatly reduced damage
and regenertation, and Mental with semi-invisible monsters. There might be
a scale that adjusts damage between Easy and Serious, but I haven't noticed
any.

>I have observed that SS's "Normal" mode is akin to most games' "Difficult"
>mode.

Yes, as long as the player doesn't yet understand how to exploit the mass
stupidity of the monsters. If he does, I'd place difficulty somewhere
between "Normal" and "Difficult", mainly because SS is known for some
battles with an insane number of opponents.

"MP" <markparrish@mindspring.com> wrote:
>"jh" suggested:
>
>> > Undying: This is an older game and can be had fairly cheap
>> > now. It's a horror FPS. You use various guns and magic. The creepy
>> > old mansion in the beginning is one of my favorite game locations.
>> > I don't think there's a demo of this one.
>
>"Hartmut Schmider" answered:
>
>> There is: http://tinyurl.com/as5to
>>
>> Pretty short though. The game itself is good, although it drags a bit
>later
>> on.
>
>"Clive Barker's Undying" was one of the first scary action/FPS games I ever
>played (coming from Adventure game roots) and it took me a little while to
>learn how to use *both* hands to perform spells with one hand and hold a
>weapon with other. Memorizing the keyboard commands was rather foreign to
>me, as well.

WHERE'S THE DANG USE ICON????

> >"MP" wrote:
> >"Clive Barker's Undying" was one of the first scary action/FPS games I
ever
> >played (coming from Adventure game roots) and it took me a little while
> >learn how to use *both* hands to perform spells with one hand and hold a
> >weapon with other. Memorizing the keyboard commands was rather foreign to
> >me, as well.

"Bateau" asked:

> WHERE'S THE DANG USE ICON????

Bateau, there is a circular pop-up interface for selecting weapons and
spells. After you select something, then I believe it was the left mouse
button to fire. I can't exactly remember, but it was intuitive - for firing
both weapons and casting spells.

After one gets used to it, the circular pop-up interface was a cool
alternative to using either a mousewheel or keyboard "hotkeys" for selecting
weapons or spells.

You play as a "south paw" (a left-handed person). You hold your revolver (or
other weapons) with your *left* hand, and cast spells with your right hand.
It's a an interesting two-handed combat system, but really easy once one
gets the hang of it.

Shoot, I'm an old Point 'n' Clicker pre-rendered slideshow puzzle doofus,
and I mastered the hang of all the defense options early in the game.
Meaning: if *I* can beat "Undying", anyone can, and I mean, anyone.

Some of the weapons:

Revolver
A really deadly Celtic Scythe (my favorite of all weapons. Whoosh! No head
on Fred!*)
Double-barreled shotgun
Molotov cocktails
A snarly dragon-shaped "gun" that shoots ice shards
And later, you pick up the fantastic "Tibetan war cannon" (BOOM!)

A couple of the Spells:

Ectoplasm energy bolts
Skull Storm

Hope this helps. I'm not sure I even answered your question.

Mark

*There's no character named "Fred" in "Clive Barker's Undying". It just
rhymed well. ¦ Þ

On 22 Apr 2005 18:43:38 +0200, stePH <acetheta@earthlink.net> wrote:

>bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau) wrote in
>
>> Definatly not - I've been attempting to Ironman the first SS episode,
>
>Meaning? I don't understand "Ironman" as a verb.

"Ironman" is a term used to complete the game under a realistic playing
method - if you get killed, you need to restart the game. Saving and
reloading is allowed, as is reloading a game because of a crash or a bug
that renders the game unplayable. However, reloading a saved game to get
out of a sticky situation is not.

>> The only two special difficulties is Tourist, with greatly reduced
>> damage and regenertation, and Mental with semi-invisible monsters.
>
>I haven't seen the "Mental" difficulty setting. Is it some unlockable
>secret?

The difficulty setting is onlocked when you complete the game on "Serious".
There are other ways of unlocking it, but there's no point playing at that
difficulty unless you can get the lower difficulties under your belt.

"MP" <markparrish@mindspring.com> wrote:
>> >"MP" wrote:
>> >"Clive Barker's Undying" was one of the first scary action/FPS games I
>ever
>> >played (coming from Adventure game roots) and it took me a little while
>> >learn how to use *both* hands to perform spells with one hand and hold a
>> >weapon with other. Memorizing the keyboard commands was rather foreign to
>> >me, as well.
>
>"Bateau" asked:
>
>> WHERE'S THE DANG USE ICON????
>
>Bateau, there is a circular pop-up interface for selecting weapons and
>spells. After you select something, then I believe it was the left mouse
>button to fire. I can't exactly remember, but it was intuitive - for firing
>both weapons and casting spells.
>
>After one gets used to it, the circular pop-up interface was a cool
>alternative to using either a mousewheel or keyboard "hotkeys" for selecting
>weapons or spells.
>
>You play as a "south paw" (a left-handed person). You hold your revolver (or
>other weapons) with your *left* hand, and cast spells with your right hand.
>It's a an interesting two-handed combat system, but really easy once one
>gets the hang of it.
>
>Shoot, I'm an old Point 'n' Clicker pre-rendered slideshow puzzle doofus,
>and I mastered the hang of all the defense options early in the game.
>Meaning: if *I* can beat "Undying", anyone can, and I mean, anyone.
>
>Some of the weapons:
>
>Revolver
>A really deadly Celtic Scythe (my favorite of all weapons. Whoosh! No head
>on Fred!*)
>Double-barreled shotgun
>Molotov cocktails
>A snarly dragon-shaped "gun" that shoots ice shards
>And later, you pick up the fantastic "Tibetan war cannon" (BOOM!)
>
>A couple of the Spells:
>
>Ectoplasm energy bolts
>Skull Storm
>
>Hope this helps. I'm not sure I even answered your question.
>
>Mark
>
>*There's no character named "Fred" in "Clive Barker's Undying". It just
>rhymed well. ¦ Þ

I was making fun of that other guy.

"MP" <markparrish@mindspring.com> wrote:
>> >"MP" wrote:
>> >"Clive Barker's Undying" was one of the first scary action/FPS games I
>ever
>> >played (coming from Adventure game roots) and it took me a little while
>> >learn how to use *both* hands to perform spells with one hand and hold a
>> >weapon with other. Memorizing the keyboard commands was rather foreign to
>> >me, as well.
>
>"Bateau" asked:
>
>> WHERE'S THE DANG USE ICON????
>
>Bateau, there is a circular pop-up interface for selecting weapons and
>spells. After you select something, then I believe it was the left mouse
>button to fire. I can't exactly remember, but it was intuitive - for firing
>both weapons and casting spells.
>
>After one gets used to it, the circular pop-up interface was a cool
>alternative to using either a mousewheel or keyboard "hotkeys" for selecting
>weapons or spells.
>
>You play as a "south paw" (a left-handed person). You hold your revolver (or
>other weapons) with your *left* hand, and cast spells with your right hand.
>It's a an interesting two-handed combat system, but really easy once one
>gets the hang of it.
>
>Shoot, I'm an old Point 'n' Clicker pre-rendered slideshow puzzle doofus,
>and I mastered the hang of all the defense options early in the game.
>Meaning: if *I* can beat "Undying", anyone can, and I mean, anyone.
>
>Some of the weapons:
>
>Revolver
>A really deadly Celtic Scythe (my favorite of all weapons. Whoosh! No head
>on Fred!*)
>Double-barreled shotgun
>Molotov cocktails
>A snarly dragon-shaped "gun" that shoots ice shards
>And later, you pick up the fantastic "Tibetan war cannon" (BOOM!)
>
>A couple of the Spells:
>
>Ectoplasm energy bolts
>Skull Storm
>
>Hope this helps. I'm not sure I even answered your question.
>
>Mark
>
>*There's no character named "Fred" in "Clive Barker's Undying". It just
>rhymed well. ¦ Þ

No wait it was you but I didn't have that post still.