Case Showdown? Cooler Master vs Lian Li

Hadez026

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2002
Im planning to get a new computer, and I've narrowed down the list to either the Cooler Master ATCS 201 and the Lian-Li PC-601. Im going to be using water cooling in this case, a Radeon 9700, SB Live! Plat, and a network card. I know the Lian Li has removable HDD racks, while the Cooler Master doesnt (The rack goes all the way down too =/ ), but i could always cut the rack off a lil to make room for the radiator... Anyways, which do you think is the better case? the Lian Li seems a lot more common, but the Cooler Master seems just as good (in fact.. i like it more =P ) Oh yea, and if anyone knows a case thats even better, PLEASE let me know (not full towers tho, trying to stay mid)

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have Lian Li PC-68 and CoolerMaster ATCS 201. Personally I perfer Lian Li PC-68. I think it looks better and it have fan speed control help to reduce noise.

Scotty35

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2002
Now if Chieftek actually had a slide out M/B tray I would recomend it, It is sexier and has some great features but for that and other reasons I would go for the Lian Li.

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/" target="_new">http://forums.btvillarin.com/</A> "CLICK"

Hadez026

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2002
Cuz the cost doesnt matter =) I want to get the best mid sized aluminum case I can (so none of those ugly ass server cases =P )

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I agree. Case is one of the component that is not outdated very fast. It is nice to have a good looking case that is easy to work with. It is worth to pay extra for a good aluminum case.

Hadez026

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2002
Has anyone here seen/made a water cooling system with the Cooler Master 201? or 210? or 110? or 200? =) Cuz my friend says that if i cut the hard drive rack down, it might make the case unstable, since its kinda acting like a support... What about two Black Ice Micros, since they might fit between the hard drive racks? ANY suggestions/speculations/ideas/anything? please?