Public Apology to God

I wish to publicly apologize for spreading the link to that distasteful
image of Quake 3. I thought, at the time, that it was humorous (while
realizing it was tasteless), but it is really NOT funny. I apologize to all
Christians everywhere and to anyone who might have been offended by the
picture. I hope that the person who made the picture can understand how it
is hurtful to people. I am not a very religious person but I do believe in
God, but sometimes I just need a reminder of it. I got my reminder in
spades this week, and I hope that God will forgive me for carelessly
spreading hate. I especially want to apologize to Catholics and hope that
they can see it in their heart to forgive my transgression.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

You're right about the pic not being very funny, but offensive? Come on.
As for carelessly spreading hate, anyone who reads that into what you did
really needs to lighten up, including you and including god. Just because
it's on the news and 1 in 6 people are mourning the man it shouldn't make
you revere him anymore than you did before his corpse got all the attention.
Besides, any religion with such a mixed and sometimes WILLFULLY hateful
history as the catholic church should be able to take it.

"Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
> I wish to publicly apologize for spreading the link to that distasteful
> image of Quake 3. I thought, at the time, that it was humorous (while
> realizing it was tasteless), but it is really NOT funny. I apologize to
all
> Christians everywhere and to anyone who might have been offended by the
> picture. I hope that the person who made the picture can understand how it
> is hurtful to people. I am not a very religious person but I do believe in
> God, but sometimes I just need a reminder of it. I got my reminder in
> spades this week, and I hope that God will forgive me for carelessly
> spreading hate. I especially want to apologize to Catholics and hope that
> they can see it in their heart to forgive my transgression.
>
> --
>
> Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com
>
> Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

You're not kidding the history of the Catholic Church makes you wonder if it
has been serving the Devil or God.
Everything from the Inquisition, to Witch-burning, to child molestations, to
sponsoring the Nazis (and getting paid by them).

I even heard that fish Friday (I was a product of the PUBLIC education
system that observed Fish Friday) was nothing more than
a Pope's attempt to give more business to a relative (who was a fishmonger).

I've always wondered if the movie Stigmata had any truth to it. Particularly
in regards to declaring a book of Jesus's own words
to be fake.

--
Remove nospam to email
"JoeSmooth" <f@ke.70053> wrote in message
> You're right about the pic not being very funny, but offensive? Come on.
> As for carelessly spreading hate, anyone who reads that into what you did
> really needs to lighten up, including you and including god. Just
> because
> it's on the news and 1 in 6 people are mourning the man it shouldn't make
> you revere him anymore than you did before his corpse got all the
> attention.
> Besides, any religion with such a mixed and sometimes WILLFULLY hateful
> history as the catholic church should be able to take it.
>
> "Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
>> I wish to publicly apologize for spreading the link to that distasteful
>> image of Quake 3. I thought, at the time, that it was humorous (while
>> realizing it was tasteless), but it is really NOT funny. I apologize to
> all
>> Christians everywhere and to anyone who might have been offended by the
>> picture. I hope that the person who made the picture can understand how
>> it
>> is hurtful to people. I am not a very religious person but I do believe
>> in
>> God, but sometimes I just need a reminder of it. I got my reminder in
>> spades this week, and I hope that God will forgive me for carelessly
>> spreading hate. I especially want to apologize to Catholics and hope that
>> they can see it in their heart to forgive my transgression.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com
>>
>> Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Toby

On 2005-04-20, Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> wrote:
> I wish to publicly apologize for spreading the link to that distasteful
> image of Quake 3. I thought, at the time, that it was humorous (while
> realizing it was tasteless), but it is really NOT funny. I apologize to all
> Christians everywhere and to anyone who might have been offended by the
> picture. I hope that the person who made the picture can understand how it
> is hurtful to people. I am not a very religious person but I do believe in
> God, but sometimes I just need a reminder of it. I got my reminder in
> spades this week, and I hope that God will forgive me for carelessly
> spreading hate. I especially want to apologize to Catholics and hope that
> they can see it in their heart to forgive my transgression.

This pic sounds cool - got a link?

--
Toby.
field to circumvent my email filters.

"Doug" <pigdos@nospamcharter.net> wrote in message
> You're not kidding the history of the Catholic Church makes you wonder if
it
> has been serving the Devil or God.
> Everything from the Inquisition, to Witch-burning, to child molestations,
> sponsoring the Nazis (and getting paid by them).

When the church, as a matter of policy, creates and defends immoral action
in the name of god that's where it's a problem, or in the case of the
molestation when they actively cover it up. Sick, really. To say it's all
bad and evil is just as unfair. You've got to remember that the vatican is
(from my observations) primarily a political organization that has a long
history of doing whatever it needs to do to gain power usually by collecting
wealth or controling people by means that often have little to do with Jesus
as newer generations are prone to see with hindsight. I get nervous when so
many people pay tribute to a religions political figure like the pope, but
give the people what they want.

> I even heard that fish Friday (I was a product of the PUBLIC education
> system that observed Fish Friday) was nothing more than
> a Pope's attempt to give more business to a relative (who was a
fishmonger).

I don't think that's a sin anymore.

> I've always wondered if the movie Stigmata had any truth to it.
Particularly
> in regards to declaring a book of Jesus's own words
> to be fake.
>
> --
> Remove nospam to email
> "JoeSmooth" <f@ke.70053> wrote in message
> > You're right about the pic not being very funny, but offensive? Come
on.
> > As for carelessly spreading hate, anyone who reads that into what you
did
> > really needs to lighten up, including you and including god. Just
> > because
> > it's on the news and 1 in 6 people are mourning the man it shouldn't
make
> > you revere him anymore than you did before his corpse got all the
> > attention.
> > Besides, any religion with such a mixed and sometimes WILLFULLY hateful
> > history as the catholic church should be able to take it.
> >
> > "Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
> >> I wish to publicly apologize for spreading the link to that distasteful
> >> image of Quake 3. I thought, at the time, that it was humorous (while
> >> realizing it was tasteless), but it is really NOT funny. I apologize to
> > all
> >> Christians everywhere and to anyone who might have been offended by the
> >> picture. I hope that the person who made the picture can understand how
> >> it
> >> is hurtful to people. I am not a very religious person but I do believe
> >> in
> >> God, but sometimes I just need a reminder of it. I got my reminder in
> >> spades this week, and I hope that God will forgive me for carelessly
> >> spreading hate. I especially want to apologize to Catholics and hope
that
> >> they can see it in their heart to forgive my transgression.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com
> >>
> >> Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Thank you for your kind words. I am Catholic, and I am touched by your
apology. You have been given a gift and that is healing from the wounds
that make us careless with our respect for the sanctity of others'
experience. I used to hate Christianity. Then I gained the
understanding that it was costing me dearly in happiness and peace to
be set against such a large group of my fellow humans. Welcome to the
awakening! Don't worry, it's ok. Let it go and let's all get back to
having fun, especially gaming!

nostromo

Thus spake Knight37 <knight37m@email.com>, Wed, 20 Apr 2005 02:13:30 GMT,
Anno Domini:

>I wish to publicly apologize for spreading the link to that distasteful
>image of Quake 3. I thought, at the time, that it was humorous (while
>realizing it was tasteless), but it is really NOT funny. I apologize to all
>Christians everywhere and to anyone who might have been offended by the
>picture. I hope that the person who made the picture can understand how it
>is hurtful to people. I am not a very religious person but I do believe in
>God, but sometimes I just need a reminder of it. I got my reminder in
>spades this week, and I hope that God will forgive me for carelessly
>spreading hate.

WTF you talkin bout boy? Did I miss something juicy? Drats! :-/

>I especially want to apologize to Catholics and hope that
>they can see it in their heart to forgive my transgression.

I thought you said Christians K...? >8^D *duck*

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

jk

Well, I'm a good Catholic and would love to fight a satan character with a
Ratzinger character. Where are the modders?!

JK

"Nostromo" <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote in message
> Thus spake Knight37 <knight37m@email.com>, Wed, 20 Apr 2005 02:13:30 GMT,
> Anno Domini:
>
>>I wish to publicly apologize for spreading the link to that distasteful
>>image of Quake 3. I thought, at the time, that it was humorous (while
>>realizing it was tasteless), but it is really NOT funny. I apologize to
>>all
>>Christians everywhere and to anyone who might have been offended by the
>>picture. I hope that the person who made the picture can understand how it
>>is hurtful to people. I am not a very religious person but I do believe in
>>God, but sometimes I just need a reminder of it. I got my reminder in
>>spades this week, and I hope that God will forgive me for carelessly
>>spreading hate.
>
> WTF you talkin bout boy? Did I miss something juicy? Drats! :-/
>
>>I especially want to apologize to Catholics and hope that
>>they can see it in their heart to forgive my transgression.
>
> I thought you said Christians K...? >8^D *duck*
>
> --
> A killfile is a friend for life.
>
> Replace 'spamfree' with the other word for 'maze' to reply via email.

>Back up another 10,000 feet and islam
> and other other religions also look the same as christianity with their
> insistance in absolute values which allegedly come from god (but
> interepreted and enforced by man) but then then get changed by each
> generation that follows.

But still they always discriminate against Women.

"Les Steel" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in message

> >Back up another 10,000 feet and islam
> > and other other religions also look the same as christianity with their
> > insistance in absolute values which allegedly come from god (but
> > interepreted and enforced by man) but then then get changed by each
> > generation that follows.
> >

> But still they always discriminate against Women.

Well of course. In another hundred years the next generation will look back
on many of "today's" teachings as obsolete and dated while still holding
onto other absolutes. Tomorrows christians will go on believing as usual
finding no problem with the hypocracy or the relative way in which so-called
absolute truths are either abandoned or intrepreted into an unrecognizable
state as each new generation comes along. But you can be sure that the
beliefs of the day (whatever the day) will continue to be used to tell
others how they should and shouldn't behave and people of that day will
assert that their beliefs are absolute and certainly must be the one
exception to the long history of changing beliefs.

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:22:10 +0100, Toby <google@asktoby.com> wrote:

>This pic sounds cool - got a link?

LOL! I was about to post the same thing.

Knight37 wrote:
> I wish to publicly apologize for spreading the link to that distasteful
> image of Quake 3. I thought, at the time, that it was humorous (while
> realizing it was tasteless), but it is really NOT funny. I apologize to all
> Christians everywhere and to anyone who might have been offended by the
> picture. I hope that the person who made the picture can understand how it
> is hurtful to people. I am not a very religious person but I do believe in
> God, but sometimes I just need a reminder of it. I got my reminder in
> spades this week, and I hope that God will forgive me for carelessly
> spreading hate. I especially want to apologize to Catholics and hope that
> they can see it in their heart to forgive my transgression.

haha The Popes gonna eat you.

vinCe

"ivorybow" wrote

> Thank you for your kind words. I am Catholic, and I am touched by your
> apology. You have been given a gift and that is healing from the wounds

It's been done.

Knight37 wrote:
> I wish to publicly apologize for spreading the link to that
> distasteful image of Quake 3. I thought, at the time, that it was
> humorous (while realizing it was tasteless), but it is really NOT
> funny. I apologize to all Christians everywhere and to anyone who
> might have been offended by the picture. I hope that the person who
> made the picture can understand how it is hurtful to people. I am not
> a very religious person but I do believe in God, but sometimes I just
> need a reminder of it. I got my reminder in spades this week, and I
> hope that God will forgive me for carelessly spreading hate. I
> especially want to apologize to Catholics and hope that they can see
> it in their heart to forgive my transgression.
>
> --
>
> Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com
>
> Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

That's a shame, I thought the pic was pretty funny.

http://www.kartinki.cz/images/503_014_prasa_popespree_1112478314.jpg

On or about 4/19/2005 7:13:30 PM, Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> said:
> I hope that God will forgive me

Ah, if only John Romero were here to accept your apology in person....

Bret

>> bible. Brilliant!
>>
>>>Look no further than to the current President of the United States for
>>>one prime example.
>>
>> Good to see you can judge a man's heart & soul w/o ever having been
>> within a thousand miles (probably) of either. Of the hypocrisy, the
>> irony, the sorrow! :)
>
> Sorry Nostromo, but thank you for playing. We have some lovely parting
> gifts for you including a year's supply of D'artagnian's Onion Rings,
> Ronco's Bondage-in-a-Bottle, it won't chip, it won't slip, it won't
> crack, it won't peel, it won't fade, and a new, new, absolutely brand
> new, new, and of course but also, A NEW CAR!

LMAO! Nostromo is so afraid of something.... it's amazing how transparent
he/she/it is.
John

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:20:56 GMT, "Dirty Redpool"
<dirtredpooll@something.something> wrote:

>http://www.kartinki.cz/images/503_014_prasa_popespree_1112478314.jpg

That is eff'ing brilliant! Since the old ah heck (JP that is, not God)
has been partly responsible for the death of *millions* by AIDS in
Africa, I say good riddance. To bad his succesor is no less
bloodthirsty.

Joe62 wrote:

> Since the old ah heck (JP that is, not God)
> has been partly responsible for the death of *millions* by AIDS in
> Africa, I say good riddance.

How so?

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:21:00 +1000, Nostromo
<nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:

>Thus spake OldDog <OldDog@city.pound.com>, Thu, 21 Apr 2005 06:20:20 GMT,
>Anno Domini:
<snip>
>>So many faiths, sects, factions, and churches out there that is a game
>>of chance as to figuring out which one is selling the turth. You can
>>only hope and pray that you've rolled the dice correctly.
>
>Or you could use Faith & God's Word...astounding ey!?

Oh, I've read his words. And I've heard ten different interpretations
from ten different people on a single scripture. :(

Using my faith and limited wisdom, that it would make it 11 different
interpretations. :)

<snip>

nostromo

Thus spake "JoeSmooth" <f@ke.70053>, Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:12:08 -0400, Anno
Domini:

>"John A. Mason" <jamason56@MYearthlink.net> wrote in message
>> > You're not kidding the history of the Catholic Church makes you wonder
>if
>> > it has been serving the Devil or God.
>> > Everything from the Inquisition, to Witch-burning, to child
>molestations,
>> > to sponsoring the Nazis (and getting paid by them).
>> >
>> > I even heard that fish Friday (I was a product of the PUBLIC education
>> > system that observed Fish Friday) was nothing more than
>> > a Pope's attempt to give more business to a relative (who was a
>> > fishmonger).
>> >
>> > I've always wondered if the movie Stigmata had any truth to it.
>> > Particularly in regards to declaring a book of Jesus's own words
>> > to be fake.
>>
>> Actually, why do you make the distinction between Catholics and
>Christians?
>
>Actually it was tens of thousands of people who made the distincition with
>their own blood during the reformation period in europe. I myself don't
>belong to any relgion, but I get your point. Seems to me that there are a
>big variety of christians and catholics, some conservative, some liberal,
>and very few following church dogma to the letter many times not even really
>knowing what most of the beliefs are. Back up another 10,000 feet and islam
>and other other religions also look the same as christianity with their
>insistance in absolute values which allegedly come from god (but
>interepreted and enforced by man) but then then get changed by each
>generation that follows.

Spoken like a man who has never believed in anything but himself. Well done
mate! ;-p (you're about as close to the mark with your understanding above
as a 38 snub nose at 500 yards - you need to read less, pretend you know
even less & listen a whole lot more, if you ever want to learn *anything*
about religion; so rest safe knowing you're like most other heathens :)

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

> Spoken like a man who has never believed in anything but himself. Well
> done
> mate! ;-p (you're about as close to the mark with your understanding above
> as a 38 snub nose at 500 yards - you need to read less, pretend you know
> even less & listen a whole lot more, if you ever want to learn *anything*
> about religion; so rest safe knowing you're like most other heathens :)
>
> --
Wow... who are you to judge? What are you afraid of? To tell someone to
'read less'? And just exactly 'who' should he listen to? Who should he
'learn' from? Ultimately we ALL teach ourselves... and learn ourselves... by
making value decisions about the things we live, learn, experience, and
struggle with in life. That is what life is all about. NOT blindly following
or listening to anyone else unconditionally.
Your statements that he should 'read less' and 'pretend you know even less'
is typical of anyone that wants to take political control over someone else.
Here's a good suggestion for you: read 'Age of Reason' by Thomas Paine.
John

> Thus spake "JoeSmooth" <f@ke.70053>, Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:12:08 -0400, Anno
> Domini:
>

> >"John A. Mason" <jamason56@MYearthlink.net> wrote in message
> >if
> >molestations,

> >> Actually, why do you make the distinction between Catholics and
> >Christians?
> >
> >Actually it was tens of thousands of people who made the distincition
with
> >their own blood during the reformation period in europe. I myself don't
> >belong to any relgion, but I get your point. Seems to me that there are
> >big variety of christians and catholics, some conservative, some liberal,
> >and very few following church dogma to the letter many times not even
really
> >knowing what most of the beliefs are. Back up another 10,000 feet and
islam
> >and other other religions also look the same as christianity with their
> >insistance in absolute values which allegedly come from god (but
> >interepreted and enforced by man) but then then get changed by each
> >generation that follows.
>
> Spoken like a man who has never believed in anything but himself. Well
done
> mate! ;-p (you're about as close to the mark with your understanding above
> as a 38 snub nose at 500 yards - you need to read less, pretend you know
> even less & listen a whole lot more, if you ever want to learn *anything*
> about religion; so rest safe knowing you're like most other heathens :)

Your personal attacks do nothing to support your POV whatever that may be.
For the record, I have a strong belief in life after death and spirituality
in general. I also, on the whole, believe in the concepts and ideas
purposed by Jesus, however I seem to take away a different understanding
than do most christians.