Front panel audio

Oct_7

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2001
Hi,

Just want to ask a question. My mobo is k7s5a, and it supports front panel audio, my question is, do i need to install the onboard sound card, cos i am using better sound card.

Thanks

Regards,

[] [_] [--

Oct_7

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2001
Then, do i need to connect it to my sound card? if not, then i really dont understand how the things can work.

Thanks alot

regards

[] [_] [--

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
No, if you use a soundcard, you loose the features of the onboard sound, including any front panel sound connectors on the motherboard.

<font color=blue>By now you're probably wishing you had asked more questions first!</font color=blue>

Simply disable the onboard sound option in the BIOS setup. After that your own sound card will be fine, but as mentioned above, you will lose any onboard front panel connectors.

:eek: Wingding - Tom's official Forum Pervert :eek:

Oct_7

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2001
OK. thanks alot for all the reply. Seems that i will not buy a new casing with the front panel.

Thanks

Regards,

[] [_] [--

Oct_7

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2001
Hi,

Just today I was helping my friend to buy a new system. She got the specs from other people though. About the front audio panel, the shopkeeper told me that I can install or use both the on board soundcard and the soundcard at the same time. So the front audio panel can use the on board soundcard. Is this true? The mb is msi k7 333 ultra 2. And someone else told me that i can connect the pins for the front audio panel to my soundcard pins. Is this also true?

Thanks alot

Regards,

[] [_] [--