Sign in with
Your question

Local area network not connecting

Last response: in Networking
September 1, 2012 5:11:57 AM

Hello,

I have just recently installed a new router for my home and the ethernet connection stopped showing up. It instead said "no connections available". I figured the onboard network adapter gave out because of the orange light it gave off and bought a NetGear GA311 network adapter. I installed it and updated it, but the connection still says there are none available.
September 1, 2012 12:44:53 PM

If you replaced the router and the Ethernet connection no longer works, you should check the new router (unless you made other modifications).
m
l
September 1, 2012 4:17:17 PM

The router works for the other computer in the house and the only other thing I had done to my computer was add a new adapter into it.
m
l
Related resources
September 1, 2012 4:31:01 PM

Is the router also the DHCP server? Is the other computer connected the same way as yours? If the other computer is connected through an Ethernet cable, does yours work if you connect it to the same cable?
m
l
September 1, 2012 5:17:44 PM

Yes I beleive the router to also be the DHCP server and all other computers are connected by ethernet cables also. I have tried using the others cables to see if it works and it has not worked.
m
l
September 1, 2012 5:29:13 PM

Yes I beleive the router to also be the DHCP server and all other computers are connected by ethernet cables also. I have tried using the others cables to see if it works and it has not worked.
m
l
September 1, 2012 9:37:38 PM

Are all computers in the same room? When using another Ethernet cable, did you use the same port on the router?
m
l
September 8, 2012 4:45:38 PM

I discovered the problem to be the hard drive and I just needed to re install windows again.
m
l
!