Which optical mouse to get? urgent Help pls!

tersagun

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2001
Pls help me which optical mouse to get, i have no time!
I don't like A4 mouses, i can choose brands like Samsung,Microsoft and Benq. Is 400dpi a good resolution or bad? Pls help!

"Don't necessarily listen to tersagun,he's been advocating AMD systems,he thinks Intel sucks ass.."

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
The best optical mouse to get is the one that suits the dexterity, touch and feel of your hand. Just like trying on a pair of gloves. If I recommended to you one that I like, you may test it and say, it isn't your style. So, the choice is a personal one. Go the the store and find the one for you. That's why the displays are there for.

<font color=purple><b>Listen twice as much as you Speak, better yet Think twice. :wink: </font color=purple></b>

BLiTZ

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002
800dpi is the better one. Logitech brand or other...or it could also be called x2 optical. (400dpi is the resolution from the earlier types, I'm sure still being sold though). Basically a 800dpi or x2 optical mouse is twice as accurate as the old 400dpi mouse. Even better Logitech makes a mouse that has dual pickup sensors, both at 800dpi, effectively making it a 1600dpi mouse, and is very very accurate! That's the one I'm looking to get...after my old mouse wears out.

Novakain

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Read all about it here:

<A HREF="http://www6.tomshardware.com/consumer/01q4/011026/index.html" target="_new">http://www6.tomshardware.com/consumer/01q4/011026/index.html</A>

dpi talks about the amount of times the mouse transmits it's co-ordinates per inch of movement. There is also a measurement of the amount of shot per second which measures the reaction time of the mouse (how well it performs if you move the mouse quickly). For example, the MS Intellimouse explorer runs at 6000 shots per second and 400 dpi. The Logitech dual mouseman optical (the 2X optical) runs at 2000 shots per second and 800 dpi. If you read all the sales stuff, it means that the Dual Mouseman can be moved with more precision and the Explorer reacts quicker to movement.

The Logitech Dual Mouseman has 2 optical sensors in it instead of just one. The idea is that whichever sensor has the best idea of what's going on, that's the sensor the mouse uses. It's meant to work better on a wider variety of surfaces (wierd mouse mats for example). I've used both mice, and although the logitech one can be adjusted so that less movement moves the pointer further across the screen than the MS one, when you adjust both to acceptable use levels, I can't notice much of a difference. I like the feel of both, but I use the MS explorer 3 because it has the extra button (it has 5 buttons including the wheel whereas the Dual Maouseman only has 4).

BLiTZ

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002
Well yes, x2 is another name for 800dpi optical. The older original optical mice would be 400dpi. Naturally yes, 800dpi is more accurate than 400dpi. So if you see a box with x2 optical on it, you know you are getting a 800dpi mouse.