what games do you recommend

What Multiplayer games do you reccomend for a group of 12-13 year olds.
Need to set-up some LAN parties to keep em amused.

Regards andy

Thusly "andy.jacko" <andy.jacko@gmail.com> Spake Unto All:

>What Multiplayer games do you reccomend for a group of 12-13 year olds.
>Need to set-up some LAN parties to keep em amused.

Worms World Party.

x-no-archive: yes

andy.jacko wrote:

my recommendation goes to "gotcha"

its the first ever paint ball theme fps released
no blood or gore or bad language so its perfect for young
players and it has many playing modes either single player
lan or internet and no humiliating authentication or other
intrusive and against consumer rights technologies like
steam

http://gotcha-the-game.de

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

On 27 Apr 2005 15:51:27 +0200, stePH <acetheta@earthlink.net> wrote:

>"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in news:4nybe.1294$Ne7.633
>@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com:
>
>> Descent2
>
>Caveat: joystick required. Don't even think about trying to play this one
>with the keyboard.

Actually, I find the keyboard suprisingly effective.

My left hand moves the craft along the three axis- forward, back, left,
right, up and down (using 'e', 'd', 's', 'f', 'a', and 'z' respectivly).
I've also bound 'w' and 'r' for banking.

My right hand controls standard rotation by the arrot keys. I can also
fire primary with the CTRL key, and secondary with Keypad 0.

When I first played this game, I used a Mouse+Keyboard combination, which
was very effective in a detahmatch LAN (compared to the other players which
were just using default configs.) Ever since I switched to a much better
setup where I can slide and tri-cord all over the place, I've stuck with
keyboard config.

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

>> Descent2
>
> Caveat: joystick required. Don't even think about trying to play this one
> with the keyboard.

Udderly false. I was very good with keyboard+mouse in Descent. A stick
player will beat a mouser due to easier tri-chording, but it's nothing to
worry about.

rms

stePH wrote:
> "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in news:4nybe.1294$Ne7.633
> @newssvr17.news.prodigy.com:
>

>>Descent2
>

> Caveat: joystick required. Don't even think about trying to play this one
> with the keyboard.

I kicked ass with keyboard. In fact, joystick is the worst way to play it.

> What Multiplayer games do you reccomend for a group of 12-13 year olds.
> Need to set-up some LAN parties to keep em amused.

Guys, they're 12-13 , they can play some Quake , UT, CS, HL2, Wolfenstein
already :S

-Moa Dragon

"Mils Michael" <mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> What Multiplayer games do you reccomend for a group of 12-13 year olds.
>> Need to set-up some LAN parties to keep em amused.
>
>Guys, they're 12-13 , they can play some Quake , UT, CS, HL2, Wolfenstein
>already :S

Totally. But don't leave them alone or they will start having an orgy.
Seriously.

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1114583566.377350.65560
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> andy.jacko wrote:
>
> my recommendation goes to "gotcha"
>
> its the first ever paint ball theme fps released
> no blood or gore or bad language so its perfect for young
> players and it has many playing modes either single player
> lan or internet and no humiliating authentication or other
> intrusive and against consumer rights technologies like
> steam
>
> http://gotcha-the-game.de
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam

you were so close to a normal post about pc games then you had to spoil it
with ranting