On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:39:08 -0400, "Tweek"
<tweek@comeonletsbereal.com> wrote:

>Absolutely mindblowing. I bet he could sell that to Id for $10,000.

Amazing.. but seriously that dude has just a tad too much free time on
his hands..

toadie

> Amazing.. but seriously that dude has just a tad too much free time on
> his hands..

Agreed. I would rather waste my time gaming.

He obviously doesn't have a wife either.

- f_f

"faster_framerates" <nothanks@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>> Amazing.. but seriously that dude has just a tad too much free time on
>> his hands..
>
> Agreed. I would rather waste my time gaming.
>
> He obviously doesn't have a wife either.
>
> - f_f

From his post of 12-26-2004, 09:13 PM: "My Santa-wife gave this naughty boy
an awesome Doom3 ZBoard--..." She's an enabler...

<toadie05@sbcglobal.net wrote:

> Amazing.. but seriously that dude has just a tad too much free time on
> his hands..

Not to sound ugly, but *why* has "too much free time on (one's) hands"
turned into such a catch-phrase for jealous and envious people?

Can one imagine some cack-handed churl cracking about Beethoven whilst
writing his 9th Symphony:

"Amazing, but that bloke has too much free time on his hands."

Some people will never "get" the labour of love and dedication to one's
ideas of inspiration.

This man is an artisan - a genius of design. Not to mention a electronics
wizard, a master craftsman, a master painter, an architect, a master
sculptor, a detailer, and a master in logistical planning. And don't forget
to add a master "primitive art" backwoods-y wood carver of small figurines.

One *makes* the time to do these great works. There are no excuses.

This electronically-enhanced and servo-mechanized sculpture deserves a
proper place - the Metropolitan Museum of Art. That is, after the gentleman
is weary or familiar of his "Doom 3 Project" and is ready for his next work.
It is priceless, and belongs a place in history - maybe moreso than the game
itself.

It is too bad (and believe me - I empathize with all of us that do not have
the talent, the time, the knowledge, or the willpower to do the kind of word
this man is doing - I know I don't), but it really is envy rearing its foul
head when the commonest of words are uttered:

"He has too much time on his hands".

I hope he has every moment he needs to create whatever kind of case-modding
he can visualize. He is a genius.

Mark

In article <Cqube.420$_s1.397@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net>,
dapperdan@wallawalla.com (DapperDan) wrote:

> http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=802808&page=1&pp=20

A little hardcore trainspotter for comfort really. And yet... <checks
nobody's watching> "Wow!"

Impressive. Certainly not a waste of time, because I'm sure he could make
a good profit on Ebay with it, even if ID don't buy it.

Andrew McP

Highlandish <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> Quoth The Raven "faster_framerates"<nothanks@nowhere.net> in
> d4me73$eul$1@news.tamu.edu
> >> Amazing.. but seriously that dude has just a tad too much free time
> >> on his hands..
> >
> > Agreed. I would rather waste my time gaming.
> >
> > He obviously doesn't have a wife either.

Can I just say, I detest a man who judges another man based on the presence
or absence of a woman. Define yourself, douchebag.

--
Tweek

> >Absolutely mindblowing. I bet he could sell that to Id for $10,000.
>
> Amazing.. but seriously that dude has just a tad too much free time on
> his hands..

So the time he spent realizing a concept into a tangible masterpiece would
have been better spent doing what? You're probably implying that he has no
friends and that the time would be better spent "with friends" or "getting
laid" or some bullshit. Maybe he's an artist, designer-engineer, technician
type. You know, someone with a brain who can engage with a concept and see
it through to execution.

Yeah, he's a real time waster...

Idiot.

--
Tweek

"Tweek" <tweek@comeonletsbereal.com> wrote in message

> Highlandish <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> > Quoth The Raven "faster_framerates"<nothanks@nowhere.net> in
> > d4me73$eul$1@news.tamu.edu
> > >
> > > Agreed. I would rather waste my time gaming.
> > >
> > > He obviously doesn't have a wife either.
>
> Can I just say, I detest a man who judges another man based on the
presence
> or absence of a woman. Define yourself, douchebag.
>
> --
> Tweek

And can I say, I detest a man who judges another man based on him judging
another man based on the presence or absence of a woman.

--
Dr. Dickie
Skepticult member in good standing #394-00596-438

>> Agreed. I would rather waste my time gaming.
>>
>> He obviously doesn't have a wife either.
>>
>> - f_f
>
> From his post of 12-26-2004, 09:13 PM: "My Santa-wife gave this naughty
> boy an awesome Doom3 ZBoard--..." She's an enabler...

Hilarious! Good scouring on your part, too.

- f_f

> sometimes a person needs a break from gaming and wife'ing, I'm rather
> impressed and I hope to see the final product. I'm also inspired to do
> something similar

More power to you. I get the chance to be "creative" all day, so the gaming
I do at night is my way to decompress. I did agree it was amazing. I just
did all my model-building as a kid.

While playing Doom 3, or almost any game for that matter, I often pause,
look around the maps and admire the CGI work that goes into creating a game
world.

- f_f

> Can I just say, I detest a man who judges another man based on the
> presence
> or absence of a woman. Define yourself, douchebag.

That's OK. I generally detest just about everyone, man or woman.

- f_f

<toadie05@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:39:08 -0400, "Tweek"
> <tweek@comeonletsbereal.com> wrote:
>
>>Absolutely mindblowing. I bet he could sell that to Id for $10,000.
>
> Amazing.. but seriously that dude has just a tad too much free time on
> his hands..
>
> toadie

I just wish I had the money and the equipment (and the skills). I don't even
know the right end of an airbrush but I could use my old 40K
painting/modding skills and paint with normal brushes instead.

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 06:16:51 GMT, "MP" <markparrish@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>Can one imagine some cack-handed churl cracking about Beethoven whilst
>writing his 9th Symphony:
>
>"Amazing, but that bloke has too much free time on his hands."

Can you imagine in Beethoven had instead spent his time writing songs
about some game that nobody will remember in 10 years?

This guy definitely has an amazing amount of skill, but spending it
decorating a PC case to look like a game that's a mediocre sequel
simply isn't the best use of his time.

drocket wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 06:16:51 GMT, "MP" <markparrish@mindspring.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Can one imagine some cack-handed churl cracking about Beethoven whilst
>>writing his 9th Symphony:
>>
>>"Amazing, but that bloke has too much free time on his hands."

> Can you imagine in Beethoven had instead spent his time writing songs
> about some game that nobody will remember in 10 years?

Or why Mozart would waste his time devoting an opera to nonsense about
magic flutes. Or why Quentin Tarantino would spend millions doing an
homage to shitty Run Run Shaw revenge movies.

> This guy definitely has an amazing amount of skill, but spending it
> decorating a PC case to look like a game that's a mediocre sequel
> simply isn't the best use of his time.

It's his time to waste.

Quoth The Raven "Andrew MacPherson"<andrew.mcp@DELETETHISdsl.pipex.com>
in memo.20050427080955.3768B@address_disguised.address_disguised
> In article <Cqube.420$_s1.397@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net>,
> dapperdan@wallawalla.com (DapperDan) wrote:
>
>> http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=802808&page=1&pp=20
>
> A little hardcore trainspotter for comfort really. And yet... <checks
> nobody's watching> "Wow!"
>
> Impressive. Certainly not a waste of time, because I'm sure he could
> make a good profit on Ebay with it, even if ID don't buy it.
>
> Andrew McP

either ID or Activision could buy the case for their collection. it might be
better than any other they might order from elsewhere. I'm inspired to build
cases based on games and make the developers buy it off me. what a business
to be in!

--
TV Truth: It is possible to zoom in indefinitely on computer images
without reducing the quality of the picture.

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

DapperDan wrote:
> Must be Walter Mittys PC case ;)

Why? I enjoyed Doom 3, but certainly dont rate it as an all time great.
I just spanked a few of the fanboyz who posted a lot of bullshit about
their guesses on the Engine capability and their complaints about it not
featuring "large outdoor areas and beautiful lakes stocked with
glistening rainbow fish" etc etc.

Thusly Walter Mitty <mitticus@gmail.com> Spake Unto All:

>DapperDan wrote:
>> Must be Walter Mittys PC case ;)
>
>Why? I enjoyed Doom 3, but certainly dont rate it as an all time great.

If you don't want the case, just send it to me. I'll take it.

drocket wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 06:16:51 GMT, "MP" <markparrish@mindspring.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Can one imagine some cack-handed churl cracking about Beethoven whilst
>>writing his 9th Symphony:
>>
>>"Amazing, but that bloke has too much free time on his hands."
>

> Can you imagine in Beethoven had instead spent his time writing songs
> about some game that nobody will remember in 10 years?
>
> This guy definitely has an amazing amount of skill, but spending it
> decorating a PC case to look like a game that's a mediocre sequel
> simply isn't the best use of his time.

You are the definition of a philistine. I bet youd have said the same
about Stradivarios (sp) when he was tinkering with wood making that new
fangled Fiddle thingy.

Highlandish wrote:
> either ID or Activision could buy the case for their collection. it might be
> better than any other they might order from elsewhere. I'm inspired to build
> cases based on games and make the developers buy it off me. what a business
> to be in!

You could build in a front panel button for "God Mode" ... :)

Quoth The Raven "Walter Mitty"<mitticus@gmail.com> in
3dac1dF6qkuhfU2@uni-berlin.de
> Highlandish wrote:
>> either ID or Activision could buy the case for their collection. it
>> might be better than any other they might order from elsewhere. I'm
>> inspired to build cases based on games and make the developers buy
>> it off me. what a business to be in!
>

> You could build in a front panel button for "God Mode" ... :)

more so, I could have the entire list of cheat codes on the touch screen,
and one touch activates them...

--
"Bother," said Pooh, as he forgot which tagline he was going to use.

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

Quoth The Raven "Tweek"<tweek@comeonletsbereal.com> in
2jLbe.17158$If1.3936588@read2.cgocable.net
> Highlandish <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
>> Quoth The Raven "faster_framerates"<nothanks@nowhere.net> in
>> d4me73$eul$1@news.tamu.edu
>> >
>> > Agreed. I would rather waste my time gaming.
>> >
>> > He obviously doesn't have a wife either.
>
> Can I just say, I detest a man who judges another man based on the
> presence or absence of a woman. Define yourself, douchebag.

hey, watch your attributing, I never said any of that. I lambasted him same
as everyone else.

--
I like to torture my plants by watering them with ice cubes. - Steve
Wright

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

Quoth The Raven "Les Steel"<a@aolnot.com> in
3da0i9F6s2a93U1@individual.net
> <toadie05@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:39:08 -0400, "Tweek"
>> <tweek@comeonletsbereal.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Absolutely mindblowing. I bet he could sell that to Id for $10,000.
>>
>> Amazing.. but seriously that dude has just a tad too much free time
>> on his hands..
>>
>> toadie
>
> I just wish I had the money and the equipment (and the skills). I
> don't even know the right end of an airbrush but I could use my old
> 40K painting/modding skills and paint with normal brushes instead.

same, only had the WH fantasy models and WW2 airplanes as previous
experience

--
OK, I'm weird! But I'm saving up to be eccentric.

3dabuqF6qkuhfU1@uni-berlin.de
> drocket wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 06:16:51 GMT, "MP" <markparrish@mindspring.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>Can one imagine some cack-handed churl cracking about Beethoven
>>>whilst writing his 9th Symphony:
>>>
>>>"Amazing, but that bloke has too much free time on his hands."
>>

>> Can you imagine in Beethoven had instead spent his time writing songs
>> about some game that nobody will remember in 10 years?
>>
>> This guy definitely has an amazing amount of skill, but spending it
>> decorating a PC case to look like a game that's a mediocre sequel
>> simply isn't the best use of his time.
>
> You are the definition of a philistine. I bet youd have said the same
> about Stradivarios (sp) when he was tinkering with wood making that
> new fangled Fiddle thingy.

that would be soooo over his head

--
"Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung." - Voltaire
(1694-1778)

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me