The long awaited Brothers In Arms demo has arrived

Andrew

BIA demo available at 3dgamers and probably elsewhere. 375MB for those
who like to complain about download limits.

shawk

Andrew wrote:
> BIA demo available at 3dgamers and probably elsewhere. 375MB for those
> who like to complain about download limits.

Thanks Andrew. D-loading it from Filerush. I see they also have a HL2
Lost Coast video - haven't seen it yet but d-loading that too.

--
It's a bit of a jump isn't it? I mean, er, chartered accountancy to lion
taming in one go.

Andrew

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 00:11:08 +0100, Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses>
wrote:

>Thanks Andrew. D-loading it from Filerush. I see they also have a HL2
>Lost Coast video - haven't seen it yet but d-loading that too.

The Lost Coast video is quite nice, but I cannot fathom why it is
170MB for a minute and a half of footage.

shawk

Andrew wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 00:11:08 +0100, Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses>
> wrote:
>

>>Thanks Andrew. D-loading it from Filerush. I see they also have a HL2
>>Lost Coast video - haven't seen it yet but d-loading that too.
>

> The Lost Coast video is quite nice, but I cannot fathom why it is
> 170MB for a minute and a half of footage.

Neither can I - pretty disappointed with the vid. Trying the BIA demo
later tonight - this was on the shopping list until I read all the
groans in here and other forums - time to make up my own mind...

--

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:03:24 +0100, Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses>
wrote:

>Neither can I - pretty disappointed with the vid. Trying the BIA demo
>later tonight - this was on the shopping list until I read all the
>groans in here and other forums - time to make up my own mind...

I haven't finished the demo yet. From what I have seen so far, there
are some excellent touches in presentation, but I am not convinced by
the gameplay yet, although it takes a while to get used to the
controls. It hasn't grabbed me like the CoD demo did.

shawk

> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:03:24 +0100, Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses>
> wrote:
>
>>Neither can I - pretty disappointed with the vid. Trying the BIA demo
>>later tonight - this was on the shopping list until I read all the
>>groans in here and other forums - time to make up my own mind...
>
> I haven't finished the demo yet. From what I have seen so far, there
> are some excellent touches in presentation, but I am not convinced by
> the gameplay yet, although it takes a while to get used to the
> controls. It hasn't grabbed me like the CoD demo did.

Raising an old post from the dead but finally bought BIA - the demo doesn't
do it justice. Really enjoying it. I dont seem to be suffering from
complaints I've seen in here about not being able to hit what I aim at :)
Not too far into it yet but gameplay is changing - getting damned hard.
Half-way through the crossroads chapter and kicking myself for my mistakes
and getting killed so often. Only minor complaint (minor cos so many other
games do the same) is that when I reload I know exactly where all the
enemies will be and what they will do. Would enjoy a little randomness. Ah
well.... back to Normandy