Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Anyone played Prince of Persia:Warrior Within?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 12:52:29 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

It's out for the PC right?How's the controls on this one? Hopefully not as
difficult as Sands of Time.
April 29, 2005 12:52:30 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Too many controls and buttons to push to pull off the fancy moves.
Tried it with a standard USB gamepad with 10 buttons. Your supposed to
push 2 or 3 buttons in a row to pull off a move. Thats ok, except
you've got to remember about 20 different combo moves! Arrgh, horrible.
Gave up after the first mini boss fight.

Graphics do look good though but its very 'on-rails' much more so that
something like HL2.
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 1:51:16 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:52:29 GMT, "dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

>It's out for the PC right?How's the controls on this one? Hopefully not as
>difficult as Sands of Time.

Worse. Download the demo. Caveat emptor.
Related resources
April 29, 2005 7:08:28 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Hank" <admin@cellsounds.co.nz> wrote in message
news:1114730077.475447.199870@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Too many controls and buttons to push to pull off the fancy moves.
> Tried it with a standard USB gamepad with 10 buttons. Your supposed to
> push 2 or 3 buttons in a row to pull off a move. Thats ok, except
> you've got to remember about 20 different combo moves! Arrgh, horrible.
> Gave up after the first mini boss fight.
>
> Graphics do look good though but its very 'on-rails' much more so that
> something like HL2.
>

I wouldn't say POP:WW is on rails. In fact, I found it to be quite the
opposite. I often had no clue as to where to go or what to do. I found
myself going from past to present and back again and re-traversing the same
areas over and over. I finally got bored and reluctantly gave up on the
game. At least 'Sands of Time' provided a hint of what to do at the start of
each section.
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 7:13:50 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Controls are worse. Too many combo attack moves to learn. Try the demo
before buying is my advice.

dawg wrote:

> It's out for the PC right?How's the controls on this one? Hopefully not as
> difficult as Sands of Time.
>
>
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 7:53:47 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Destroy" <ask@meplease.com> wrote in message
news:o Dhce.36067$PA4.16593@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> Controls are worse. Too many combo attack moves to learn. Try the demo
> before buying is my advice.
>
> dawg wrote:
>
> > It's out for the PC right?How's the controls on this one? Hopefully not
as
> > difficult as Sands of Time.
> >
> >
>
Thanks all. That's about all I needed to hear. I'm having a difficult enough
time with Sands of Time controls. If the controls are worse,I'll pass.
!