Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I'm confused... v400, v500, v525, v600

Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 9:58:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

I'm looking for a new phone to replace my T68i (on Fido in Canada, a GSM
network). I'd like to be able to use AIM as well as SMS. In an ideal
world, I'd like to be able to connect to my laptop (a Powerbook) using
Bluetooth.

I believe the v500 and v525 are really the same thing. From the model
numbers the v400 would seem to be the least capable phone, but
Motorola's site seems to be pushing it hard.

Can anyone explain the difference between these phones? Oh, and are they
all current models? Will all of them work in the Philippines (like my
T68i does)?

I don't care much about the camera; cell phone cameras are usually just
toys.

Thanks,
-- Steve

--
Steven Fisher; sdfisher@spamcop.net
"Morituri Nolumus Mori."
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 1:26:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

"Steven Fisher" <sdfisher@spamcop.net> wrote in message
news:sdfisher-76B11B.22585529052004@news.va.shawcable.net...
> I'm looking for a new phone to replace my T68i (on Fido in Canada, a GSM
> network). I'd like to be able to use AIM as well as SMS. In an ideal
> world, I'd like to be able to connect to my laptop (a Powerbook) using
> Bluetooth.
>
> I believe the v500 and v525 are really the same thing. From the model
> numbers the v400 would seem to be the least capable phone, but
> Motorola's site seems to be pushing it hard.
>
> Can anyone explain the difference between these phones? Oh, and are they
> all current models? Will all of them work in the Philippines (like my
> T68i does)?
>
> I don't care much about the camera; cell phone cameras are usually just
> toys.
>
> Thanks,
> -- Steve
>
> --
> Steven Fisher; sdfisher@spamcop.net
> "Morituri Nolumus Mori."

Well...I can tell you the difference between the 500 and 525 model...The 525
model is the same as 500 model the only difference is that the 525 has the
software set up for Vodafone......I use it myself plus 3 other members of my
family...I have the V525....It is also quite a good 'camera' also...much
better than many others....

Bigbazza..Oz
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 3:08:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Bigbazza wrote:
> "Steven Fisher" <sdfisher@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> news:sdfisher-76B11B.22585529052004@news.va.shawcable.net...
>> I'm looking for a new phone to replace my T68i (on Fido in Canada, a
>> GSM network). I'd like to be able to use AIM as well as SMS. In an
>> ideal world, I'd like to be able to connect to my laptop (a
>> Powerbook) using Bluetooth.
>>
>> I believe the v500 and v525 are really the same thing. From the model
>> numbers the v400 would seem to be the least capable phone, but
>> Motorola's site seems to be pushing it hard.
>>
>> Can anyone explain the difference between these phones? Oh, and are
>> they all current models? Will all of them work in the Philippines
>> (like my T68i does)?
>>
>> I don't care much about the camera; cell phone cameras are usually
>> just toys.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -- Steve
>>
>> --
>> Steven Fisher; sdfisher@spamcop.net
>> "Morituri Nolumus Mori."
>
> Well...I can tell you the difference between the 500 and 525
> model...The 525 model is the same as 500 model the only difference is
> that the 525 has the software set up for Vodafone......I use it
> myself plus 3 other members of my family...I have the V525....It is
> also quite a good 'camera' also...much better than many others....
>
> Bigbazza..Oz

I'm not familiar with the v400 as it isn't available in the UK, though the
variety of selection remains the same (V500/525/600, V300 and MPX200). V500
and V525 are identical but set for Orange and Vodafone. V600 offers video
playback, removalbe fascias and concentric lights gimmick. I've heard that
the 500/525 can be flashed to remove network menus AND insert V600 firmware
(but I'm not sure what difference the update makes).

500/525/600 are all quad-band, so they'll work in the Philippines.

++
Fillyourboots
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 30, 2004 7:11:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

"Fillyourboots" <spgreen1977nospam@orange.net> wrote in message
news:c9cfbm$gtu$1@hercules.btinternet.com...
>
>
> Bigbazza wrote:
> > "Steven Fisher" <sdfisher@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> > news:sdfisher-76B11B.22585529052004@news.va.shawcable.net...
> >> I'm looking for a new phone to replace my T68i (on Fido in Canada, a
> >> GSM network). I'd like to be able to use AIM as well as SMS. In an
> >> ideal world, I'd like to be able to connect to my laptop (a
> >> Powerbook) using Bluetooth.
> >>
> >> I believe the v500 and v525 are really the same thing. From the model
> >> numbers the v400 would seem to be the least capable phone, but
> >> Motorola's site seems to be pushing it hard.
> >>
> >> Can anyone explain the difference between these phones? Oh, and are
> >> they all current models? Will all of them work in the Philippines
> >> (like my T68i does)?
> >>
> >> I don't care much about the camera; cell phone cameras are usually
> >> just toys.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> -- Steve
> >>
> >> --
> >> Steven Fisher; sdfisher@spamcop.net
> >> "Morituri Nolumus Mori."
> >
> > Well...I can tell you the difference between the 500 and 525
> > model...The 525 model is the same as 500 model the only difference is
> > that the 525 has the software set up for Vodafone......I use it
> > myself plus 3 other members of my family...I have the V525....It is
> > also quite a good 'camera' also...much better than many others....
> >
> > Bigbazza..Oz
>
> I'm not familiar with the v400 as it isn't available in the UK, though the
> variety of selection remains the same (V500/525/600, V300 and MPX200).
V500
> and V525 are identical but set for Orange and Vodafone. V600 offers video
> playback, removalbe fascias and concentric lights gimmick. I've heard that
> the 500/525 can be flashed to remove network menus AND insert V600
firmware
> (but I'm not sure what difference the update makes).
>
> 500/525/600 are all quad-band, so they'll work in the Philippines.
>
V400 doesn't have Bluetooth built in, but you can buy an adaptor.
I don' t think the V500/525 are sold (officially) in N America - they're not
listed on the US or Canada Motorola web-sites, but they can be bought
relatively cheaply in the UK without a contract (though probably locked).
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 4:36:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

On Sun, 30 May 2004 11:08:39 +0000 (UTC), Fillyourboots
<spgreen1977nospam@orange.net> wrote:
>
>500/525/600 are all quad-band, so they'll work in the Philippines.

Since when was a quad-bander required to work in the Philippines? Last
time I saw, a normal 900/1800 dual-bander would work there.

(OK, maybe the previous poster was thinking US-centric 850/1900
dual-banders..)

--
-- Michael "Soruk" McConnell
Eridani MailStripper -- www.eridani.co.uk/MailStripper -- Uncovers Everything!
!