Arghhh!Stuck:POP sands of time

I know this is an oldie.hopefully someone can help. I've been all over sands
of time boards and haven't found this problem.
Okay,I'm in the baths(33%). I got the water turned off (statue against
wall,farah standing on plate etc)and I got to one of the levers to open the
small gates part way. Well, if anyone remembers there two ledges in this
room you need to jump from.I"ve done the first one. But, on the second one
it won't let me jump from the ledge!! I need to get past this part so I can
push the the block through the hole to the waterfall. Thanks for any help.

dawg wrote:
> I know this is an oldie.hopefully someone can help. I've been all
> over sands of time boards and haven't found this problem.
> Okay,I'm in the baths(33%). I got the water turned off (statue
> against wall,farah standing on plate etc)and I got to one of the
> levers to open the small gates part way. Well, if anyone remembers
> there two ledges in this room you need to jump from.I"ve done the
> first one. But, on the second one it won't let me jump from the
> ledge!! I need to get past this part so I can push the the block
> through the hole to the waterfall. Thanks for any help.

Sorry, I wish I could help. Have you had look at gamefaqs?

I've looked almost everywhere I can think of. I don't know why jumping from
the ledge on one side of the room works but the other side doesn't. It's an
almost identical situation..

"dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net> wrote in

> I know this is an oldie.hopefully someone can help. I've been all over
> sands of time boards and haven't found this problem.
> Okay,I'm in the baths(33%). I got the water turned off (statue
> against
> wall,farah standing on plate etc)and I got to one of the levers to
> open the small gates part way. Well, if anyone remembers there two
> ledges in this room you need to jump from.I"ve done the first one.
> But, on the second one it won't let me jump from the ledge!! I need to
> get past this part so I can push the the block through the hole to the
> waterfall. Thanks for any help.

i think i know where you are but im not sure, could you post a screen caps
to one of the deserted binary groups then i might be able to help

"Stone Monkey" <tenny2k@NOSPAMrtennant.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> "dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net> wrote in
>
> > I know this is an oldie.hopefully someone can help. I've been all over
> > sands of time boards and haven't found this problem.
> > Okay,I'm in the baths(33%). I got the water turned off (statue
> > against
> > wall,farah standing on plate etc)and I got to one of the levers to
> > open the small gates part way. Well, if anyone remembers there two
> > ledges in this room you need to jump from.I"ve done the first one.
> > But, on the second one it won't let me jump from the ledge!! I need to
> > get past this part so I can push the the block through the hole to the
> > waterfall. Thanks for any help.
> >

> i think i know where you are but im not sure, could you post a screen caps
> to one of the deserted binary groups then i might be able to help

Which group is that?
The problem is in the room where you're supposed to push a sqaure stone
block through a little gate into the prevoius room.There's also a sword way
up high but that's for later. There's two almost identical swinging puzzles
to open the little wooden gate where the "stone" is.
I am able to get the wooden gate partially open but when I get up on the
second ledge I can't jump to get to the swinging part. It just refuses to
work the same way as on the other side of the room.

"Stone Monkey" <tenny2k@NOSPAMrtennant.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> "dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net> wrote in
>
> > I know this is an oldie.hopefully someone can help. I've been all over
> > sands of time boards and haven't found this problem.
> > Okay,I'm in the baths(33%). I got the water turned off (statue
> > against
> > wall,farah standing on plate etc)and I got to one of the levers to
> > open the small gates part way. Well, if anyone remembers there two
> > ledges in this room you need to jump from.I"ve done the first one.
> > But, on the second one it won't let me jump from the ledge!! I need to
> > get past this part so I can push the the block through the hole to the
> > waterfall. Thanks for any help.
> >

> i think i know where you are but im not sure, could you post a screen caps
> to one of the deserted binary groups then i might be able to help

Hey Stone Monkey,
I posted a .bmp image in alt.binaries.games along with an explanation. It's
2.25mb. Sorry bout that. I used fraps to get the image..

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:11:45 GMT, "dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:
>I've looked almost everywhere I can think of. I don't know why jumping from
>the ledge on one side of the room works but the other side doesn't. It's an
>almost identical situation..

If you're at the bit that I think you are then you need to jump from the
pole to the columns and work your way across via the columns to the next
pole and from there swing onto the lever.

--
Alfie
<http://www.delphia.co.uk/>

Well, I tried posting an image at two binaries groups and neither showed up.

"Alfie [UK]" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:11:45 GMT, "dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net>
> wrote:
> >I've looked almost everywhere I can think of. I don't know why jumping
from
> >the ledge on one side of the room works but the other side doesn't. It's
an
> >almost identical situation..
> >
> If you're at the bit that I think you are then you need to jump from the
> pole to the columns and work your way across via the columns to the next
> pole and from there swing onto the lever.
>
> --
> Alfie
> <http://www.delphia.co.uk/>
> Confucius say: 'Better to be pissed off than pissed on.'

Alfie, you're right. But,I cannot make the jump from the ledge.
If you are familiar with this section then you know this room has two
levers at the end of swingn,jumping puzzles. Well, the first one goes fine
and the wooden door opens part way. When I begin at the second ledge I can't
get off it. This is the ledge closest to the wooden gate and the stone
block.
It doesn't make sense that I can make the first part on one side of the
room and not the 2nd.

"dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net> wrote in

> "Stone Monkey" <tenny2k@NOSPAMrtennant.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> "dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net> wrote in
>>
>> > I know this is an oldie.hopefully someone can help. I've been all
>> > over sands of time boards and haven't found this problem.
>> > Okay,I'm in the baths(33%). I got the water turned off (statue
>> > against
>> > wall,farah standing on plate etc)and I got to one of the levers to
>> > open the small gates part way. Well, if anyone remembers there two
>> > ledges in this room you need to jump from.I"ve done the first one.
>> > But, on the second one it won't let me jump from the ledge!! I need
>> > to get past this part so I can push the the block through the hole
>> > to the waterfall. Thanks for any help.
>> >

>> i think i know where you are but im not sure, could you post a screen
>> caps to one of the deserted binary groups then i might be able to
>> help
>
> Hey Stone Monkey,
> I posted a .bmp image in alt.binaries.games along with an explanation.
> It's 2.25mb. Sorry bout that. I used fraps to get the image..

its no problem i'll take a look and see if i can help

dawg wrote:

> I know this is an oldie.hopefully someone can help. I've been all
> over sands of time boards and haven't found this problem.
> Okay,I'm in the baths(33%). I got the water turned off (statue
> against wall,farah standing on plate etc)and I got to one of the
> levers to open the small gates part way. Well, if anyone remembers
> there two ledges in this room you need to jump from.I"ve done the
> first one. But, on the second one it won't let me jump from the
> ledge!! I need to get past this part so I can push the the block
> through the hole to the waterfall. Thanks for any help.

i just played the bit your stuck at, and there is a tiny ledge to grab,
from there you leap off the wall by pushing the direction away from the
wall and jump to grab the bar, then shimmy around the corner and from
there you can swing over to the next bar. then shimmy around the corner
again and leap away from the wall to grab the post

--
DalienX

On Sun, 01 May 2005 21:53:08 GMT, "dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:
> Alfie, you're right. But,I cannot make the jump from the ledge.
> If you are familiar with this section then you know this room has two
>levers at the end of swingn,jumping puzzles. Well, the first one goes fine
>and the wooden door opens part way. When I begin at the second ledge I can't
>get off it. This is the ledge closest to the wooden gate and the stone
>block.
> It doesn't make sense that I can make the first part on one side of the
>room and not the 2nd.

Sorry not been at the comp lately. Does DalienX's post make sense to you
as I can't recall exactly what I did and although have started replaying
it am not up to that bit yet ?

--
Alfie
<http://www.delphia.co.uk/>

"DalienX" <somewhere@earth.com> wrote in message
> dawg wrote:
>
> > I know this is an oldie.hopefully someone can help. I've been all
> > over sands of time boards and haven't found this problem.
> > Okay,I'm in the baths(33%). I got the water turned off (statue
> > against wall,farah standing on plate etc)and I got to one of the
> > levers to open the small gates part way. Well, if anyone remembers
> > there two ledges in this room you need to jump from.I"ve done the
> > first one. But, on the second one it won't let me jump from the
> > ledge!! I need to get past this part so I can push the the block
> > through the hole to the waterfall. Thanks for any help.
>
> i just played the bit your stuck at, and there is a tiny ledge to grab,
> from there you leap off the wall by pushing the direction away from the
> wall and jump to grab the bar, then shimmy around the corner and from
> there you can swing over to the next bar. then shimmy around the corner
> again and leap away from the wall to grab the post
>
> --
> DalienX
I never could get off that ledge. The game just wouldn't let me make that
jump.
Anyway, I downloaded a full game of saves from gamecopyworld.com(thanx
StoneMonkey) and there was a save from right there after the stone was
pushed through the hole. I took it up from there and ended up finishing the
game yesterday.

dawg wrote:

> I never could get off that ledge. The game just wouldn't let me make
> that jump.
> Anyway, I downloaded a full game of saves from
> gamecopyworld.com(thanx StoneMonkey) and there was a save from right
> there after the stone was pushed through the hole. I took it up from
> there and ended up finishing the game yesterday.

fair enough, might have been a glitch in your copy of the game.

--
DalienX