cpunewbie

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2002
Hi, i have an Creative 5.1 Live card and Creative Inspire 5300 speakers. When I play certain games only 2 go work. When I listen to music 4 speakers go on. With Warcraft III they all work. Is this normal or should all five speakers be on all the time?

Help a newbie out...you were once one too...wansnt it nice when they helped you... :)

Apeman

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
you can change the setting in the creative's surround mixer.

However, 5.1 only work when the game is support it. so warcraft3 support ac3 that is why u can hear 5.1.

mp3 or cd is only Stereo, that means the rear speaker is only duplicate the music from the front speaker la. ^^

cpunewbie

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2002
ok that's kinda disappointing. i thought a five speakers would be on all the time. Is that with all 5.1 speakers and 5.1 sound cards? Should I have gotten more expensive speakers and a better sound card?

Help a newbie out...you were once one too...wansnt it nice when they helped you... :)

ritesh_laud

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001
When I play certain games only 2 go work. When I listen to music 4 speakers go on. With Warcraft III they all work. Is this normal or should all five speakers be on all the time?
Normal. But lots of EAX games will make use of the center channel. I have personally heard it used in at least the following games: Thief, Thief 2, System Shock 2, Max Payne, Unreal Tournament, Outcast, etc.

Ritesh

Apeman

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
Hi cpunewbie,

That is normal when u listen to CD or mp3.

However, there is a way u can hear 5.1 when u play CD or MP3, that is Dolby Digital's Pro Logic II.

Please read the following article first
http://www.dolby.com/ht/co.br.0107.PLIIListenersGuide.html

so, what is the best and cheapest way to enjoy Pro Logic II?
u can get the PowerDVD-XP (version 4), it had Pro Logic II decode function, so when u use it to play mp3 or cd ALL the speakers (5.1) will on

TRENDING THREADS