Behringer Compatability

Last response: in Home Audio
August 26, 2004 9:37:43 AM

Hi, I will be buying the following equipment in the next few days to
replace an old system...

Please can somone confirm all items are compatable with each other and
suggest a suitable wiring method for the eq/rev5

EURODESK MX3282A
EUROPOWER EP1500
ULTRAGRAPH PRO FBQ3102 or a ULTRAGRAPH PRO FBQ1502
EUROLIVE B1500X
YAMAHA REV 5

There will also be 2 powered monitors running of the desk for
foldback.
Kindest Regards
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 4:53:00 PM

"Nebooaw" <mail@alanrussell.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi, I will be buying the following equipment in the next few days to
> replace an old system...
>
> Please can somone confirm all items are compatable with each other and
> suggest a suitable wiring method for the eq/rev5

Desk main out -> Main Amp
Desk main insert -> EQ
Desk send 1+2 -> Foldback
Desk send 3 -> Rev 5 -> Aux return 1 or Channel 23+24

/Preben Friis
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 6:03:12 PM

On 26 Aug 2004 05:37:43 -0700, Nebooaw <mail@alanrussell.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi, I will be buying the following equipment in the next few days to
> replace an old system...
>
> Please can somone confirm all items are compatable with each other and
> suggest a suitable wiring method for the eq/rev5
>
> EURODESK MX3282A
> EUROPOWER EP1500
> ULTRAGRAPH PRO FBQ3102 or a ULTRAGRAPH PRO FBQ1502
> EUROLIVE B1500X
> YAMAHA REV 5
>
> There will also be 2 powered monitors running of the desk for
> foldback.
> Kindest Regards

Yes, they'll work together. While I'm certain you'll get lots of advice
about connections, lemme make a suggestion:

A good dealer would have provided you with technical advice about
components, what you might need and why, and how to use it.

You might pay a couple pounds more for the service.

But you'd leave the shop with a diagram on how to connect things. Heck,
a top-notch shop might even come to your first show--it's in their
interest that you be successful so that you come back for more.

If you deal with a shop where they DON'T do that, or bought blind
online, you probably saved a few pounds. And you got what you paid for.
Related resources
August 26, 2004 8:38:09 PM

In article <1b7f4f6b.0408260437.5e9663eb@posting.google.com>,
mail@alanrussell.co.uk (Nebooaw) wrote:

> Hi, I will be buying the following equipment in the next few days to
> replace an old system...
>
> Please can somone confirm all items are compatable with each other and
> suggest a suitable wiring method for the eq/rev5
>
> EURODESK MX3282A
> EUROPOWER EP1500
> ULTRAGRAPH PRO FBQ3102 or a ULTRAGRAPH PRO FBQ1502
> EUROLIVE B1500X
> YAMAHA REV 5
>
> There will also be 2 powered monitors running of the desk for
> foldback.
> Kindest Regards

they all are compatible
I have owned most of these and found them to be a excellent value for a
lower budget project
except the eq please consider a bettwr unit, ashly/dbx maybe
George
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 10:08:58 PM

In article <1b7f4f6b.0408260437.5e9663eb@posting.google.com> mail@alanrussell.co.uk writes:

> Please can somone confirm all items are compatable with each other and
> suggest a suitable wiring method for the eq/rev5

I thought this was what dealers do.

Got cables? Do they have the right kind of connectors on the ends? If
so, then you shouldn't have a problem.

August 27, 2004 4:23:33 AM

Nebooaw wrote:

> Hi, I will be buying the following equipment in the next few days to
> replace an old system...
>
> Please can somone confirm all items are compatable with each other and
> suggest a suitable wiring method for the eq/rev5

You already bought this stuff without knowing if it was *compatible* or
how to wire it ?

I'm astonished.

As others have suggested, the dealer should be able to tell you.

Failing that, you'll typically find wiring suggestions in the owners
manuals which you *are* going to read ( and not lose ) aren't you ?

Btw - kep the boxes for when you need to return them for servicing. A lot
of gear gets trashed on the way back to a service centre when ppl attempt
to box it up in something they just had lying around. Very badly trashed
in some cases ( often when the dealer has to pack it for you in whatever
he has lying around ! ).

Graham
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 5:16:25 AM

George, thanks for replying. What other behringer unit can you suggest
that would be more suitable? I would rather stick with everything
being behringer. Can you suggest anything else (behringer) that would
be worth buying to use with the desk to improve sound quality or what
have you?

kind regards.

George <g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<g.p.gleason-1DE503.12381126082004@netnews.worldnet.att.net>...
> In article <1b7f4f6b.0408260437.5e9663eb@posting.google.com>,
> mail@alanrussell.co.uk (Nebooaw) wrote:
>
> > Hi, I will be buying the following equipment in the next few days to
> > replace an old system...
> >
> > Please can somone confirm all items are compatable with each other and
> > suggest a suitable wiring method for the eq/rev5
> >
> > EURODESK MX3282A
> > EUROPOWER EP1500
> > ULTRAGRAPH PRO FBQ3102 or a ULTRAGRAPH PRO FBQ1502
> > EUROLIVE B1500X
> > YAMAHA REV 5
> >
> > There will also be 2 powered monitors running of the desk for
> > foldback.
> > Kindest Regards
>
> they all are compatible
> I have owned most of these and found them to be a excellent value for a
> lower budget project
> except the eq please consider a bettwr unit, ashly/dbx maybe
> George
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 1:06:40 PM

Nebooaw <mail@alanrussell.co.uk> wrote:
>George, thanks for replying. What other behringer unit can you suggest
>that would be more suitable? I would rather stick with everything
>being behringer. Can you suggest anything else (behringer) that would
>be worth buying to use with the desk to improve sound quality or what
>have you?

Hint: putting more cheap junk equipment in your signal path is NOT a good
way to improve sound quality.
--scott

August 27, 2004 1:16:41 PM

In article <1b7f4f6b.0408270016.7d2c905b@posting.google.com>,
mail@alanrussell.co.uk (Nebooaw) wrote:

> George, thanks for replying. What other behringer unit can you suggest
> that would be more suitable? I would rather stick with everything
> being behringer. Can you suggest anything else (behringer) that would
> be worth buying to use with the desk to improve sound quality or what
> have you?
>
> kind regards.

others have reported thier digital eq 2496 (or something) as
reasonablely good sounding but none of thier standard 31's are useable
imo
perhaps the parametric eq they sell , they work pretty well
but the graphics just add noise
George
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 11:23:07 AM

Nebooaw (mail@alanrussell.co.uk) wrote:
> Can you suggest anything else (behringer)...

Why this constraint?
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 10:39:23 PM

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:23:07 GMT, Brian Takei <btakei@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Nebooaw (mail@alanrussell.co.uk) wrote:
>> Can you suggest anything else (behringer)...
>
> Why this constraint?

Sounds like he's just starting, and someone told him he needed that set
of equipment, rather than say just a mixer and some speakers.

We did a LOT of shows back in the 1980s with a Sunn mixer, Sunn
poweramp, and EV "Voice of the Theatre" speakers--though we "knew we
needed" all that outboard gear, it wasn't happening financially.

Also, some kind of AKG mic . . roughly the same form factor as an SM-57,
but a bit smoother for vocals. Don't ask me the model, but it had a
switch on the base that we didnt' know what it did, just futzed with it
till it sounded good.
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 8:22:28 PM

> George, thanks for replying. What other behringer unit can you suggest
> that would be more suitable? I would rather stick with everything
> being behringer.

Go for the DEQ2496 or the DEQ1024 then.

TonyP.
!