What's the next big game?

Last response: in Video Games
May 1, 2005 5:11:02 PM

I figured that after Doom 3, Farcry and Half Life 2 there would be a glut of
new games based on these new 3d engines.

Are we looking at Unreal 3 as the next one?

??

More about : big game

May 1, 2005 10:52:23 PM

On 2005-05-01, BlueNeo <blue@blue.net> wrote:

> I figured that after Doom 3, Farcry and Half Life 2 there would be a glut of
> new games based on these new 3d engines.
>
> Are we looking at Unreal 3 as the next one?

I was expecting more in the way of games using the HL2 and D3 engines,
but the only ones I know of are
Bloodlines
QIV

--
Toby.
field to circumvent my email filters.

On Sun, 1 May 2005 18:52:23 +0100, Toby <google@asktoby.com> wrote:

>On 2005-05-01, BlueNeo <blue@blue.net> wrote:
>>
>> I figured that after Doom 3, Farcry and Half Life 2 there would be a glut of
>> new games based on these new 3d engines.
>>
>> Are we looking at Unreal 3 as the next one?
>
>I was expecting more in the way of games using the HL2 and D3 engines,
>but the only ones I know of are
>Bloodlines
>QIV

And Bloodlines was very disappointing.
May 2, 2005 12:09:33 AM

"BlueNeo" <blue@blue.net> once tried to test me with:

> I figured that after Doom 3, Farcry and Half Life 2 there would be a
> glut of new games based on these new 3d engines.
>
> Are we looking at Unreal 3 as the next one?

I'm still holding my breath for Duke Nukem Forever.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
May 2, 2005 12:54:32 AM

stalker has had this tag on, but maybe it goes
all a bit nukem. i´d say the next unreal tournament
or maybe unreal 3 will be spectecular, no idea
if it will be "big" as in the sense of the question.
san andreas should do pretty well too, i guess.

cu

frank
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 3:02:22 AM

Knight37 wrote:
> "BlueNeo" <blue@blue.net> once tried to test me with:
>

>>I figured that after Doom 3, Farcry and Half Life 2 there would be a
>>glut of new games based on these new 3d engines.
>>
>>Are we looking at Unreal 3 as the next one?
>

> I'm still holding my breath for Duke Nukem Forever.

Latest is that some journalists were shown 20 minutes of game footage
privatley. The game is scheduled to get a public show at 2006 E3, and it
is still using the Unreal 3 engine.
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 10:53:20 AM

Quoth The Raven "Knight37"<knight37m@email.com> in
Xns96499A3614483knight37m@130.133.1.4
> "BlueNeo" <blue@blue.net> once tried to test me with:
>

>> I figured that after Doom 3, Farcry and Half Life 2 there would be a
>> glut of new games based on these new 3d engines.
>>
>> Are we looking at Unreal 3 as the next one?
>
> I'm still holding my breath for Duke Nukem Forever.

same. I keep trying to convince myself that if its taken this long, it must
be the most awesome game in existence, but then I felt the same way about
Daikatana until it was released.

--
All SPAM after the 30th July 2003 will incur a $25 reading fee. Reading
this notice, which is attached to every newsgroup posting, constitutes

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
May 2, 2005 11:14:47 AM

Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Sun, 01 May
2005 18:16:56 GMT, Anno Domini:

>On Sun, 1 May 2005 18:52:23 +0100, Toby <google@asktoby.com> wrote:
>
>>On 2005-05-01, BlueNeo <blue@blue.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> I figured that after Doom 3, Farcry and Half Life 2 there would be a glut of
>>> new games based on these new 3d engines.
>>>
>>> Are we looking at Unreal 3 as the next one?
>>
>>I was expecting more in the way of games using the HL2 and D3 engines,
>>but the only ones I know of are
>>Bloodlines
>>QIV
>
>And Bloodlines was very disappointing.

If you were looking for an action game...

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

May 2, 2005 11:14:48 AM

On Mon, 02 May 2005 07:14:47 +1000, Nostromo
<nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:

>>And Bloodlines was very disappointing.
>
>If you were looking for an action game...

Or a debugged game,
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 11:14:49 AM

Joe62 <jmcginnNOSPAM@radicalREALLYNOSPAM.ca> once tried to test me with:

>>>And Bloodlines was very disappointing.
>>
>>If you were looking for an action game...
>
> Or a debugged game,

I keep meaning to play that, I got it for Christmas. But I keep hearing how
buggy it is and I'm put off by that. I did load it up and played the
"tutorial" under two classes (Nosferatu and then Toreador). But then after
that I just kind of got lost and didn't do much.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 12:12:16 PM

Knight37 wrote:

> I'm still holding my breath for Duke Nukem Forever.

Stop, you're turning blue!
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 12:12:17 PM

GFree <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> once tried to test me with:

> Knight37 wrote:
>
>> I'm still holding my breath for Duke Nukem Forever.
>
> Stop, you're turning blue!

Oh I died a LONG time ago. I'm a Revenant now, and I will not rest until
Duke Nukem Forever becomes a number one best seller.

On at least 3 platforms.

And it gets an expansion pack.

And another sequel.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
May 2, 2005 2:12:43 PM

"Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
> Joe62 <jmcginnNOSPAM@radicalREALLYNOSPAM.ca> once tried to test me with:

>>>If you were looking for an action game...
>>
>> Or a debugged game,
>
> I keep meaning to play that, I got it for Christmas. But I keep hearing
> how
> buggy it is and I'm put off by that. I did load it up and played the
> "tutorial" under two classes (Nosferatu and then Toreador). But then after
> that I just kind of got lost and didn't do much.

With the patch its not too bad, I only encountered one gamebreaker. If you
enjoyed Deus Ex or SS2 you'll like Bloodlines.
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 2:33:11 PM

On Mon, 02 May 2005 07:14:47 +1000, Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:

>Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Sun, 01 May
>2005 18:16:56 GMT, Anno Domini:

>>>I was expecting more in the way of games using the HL2 and D3 engines,
>>>but the only ones I know of are
>>>Bloodlines
>>>QIV
>>
>>And Bloodlines was very disappointing.
>
>If you were looking for an action game...

I don't think it held up well as an adventure game either. Too many flaws,
poor performance. You would be hard pressed to believe it used the same
engine as HL2, it was simply atrocious. It was good fun to play but it could
have been so much better.
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 2:35:14 PM

On Sun, 01 May 2005 21:52:29 GMT, Joe62 <jmcginnNOSPAM@radicalREALLYNOSPAM.ca>
wrote:

>On Mon, 02 May 2005 07:14:47 +1000, Nostromo
><nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
>
>>>And Bloodlines was very disappointing.
>>
>>If you were looking for an action game...
>
>Or a debugged game,

My point exactly. I just wish someone could write a lie detector so that when
you are watching the dev diary movies, with some jerk going on and on about
how great their game is going to be, you can run this over it and have it
shout "Bullshit". From the 5 movies I saw for Bloodlines it did look really
good but the reality didn't relate to the movies unfortunately. I would like
to see a game based on the Garou now.
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 6:07:06 PM

On Mon, 2 May 2005, Highlandish wrote:

[Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines]
> I had a lot of fun, its one of the rare games I finish, the bugs weren't
> that bad.

If you fear bugs, apply the official patch 1.2 and the unofficial patch
1.4 by Dan Upright and myself (www.nhancer.com/downloads/VTMBup14.zip).
Besides some random crashes which appear in lots of games, these should
fix anything really game stopping and lots of smaller glitches as well.

May 2, 2005 8:26:54 PM

On Mon, 2 May 2005, Nostromo wrote:

[Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines]
> I've got 1.3 - what does 1.4 add mate?

Here is the list for all the things 1.4 does. You can also see, that by
"bug" some really minor things are considered which most people probably
don't even notice. But then I fixed some weapons and placed some anew...

v1.4
----
Repaired SWAT rifle crosshair and set damage similar to 'Jamie Sue'.
Made rifles and crossbows use single shots to fit reload animation.
Barabus will not be in the Fu Syndicate anymore after you have left.
Removed illogical placed flamethrower and Ra blade from Hollowbrook.
Chastity will have the Ra blade and a crossbow can be found nearby.
Put flaming crossbow, torch and flamethrower at the Leopold Society.
Changed damage of blunt weapons to fists < arm < baton < bat < iron.
Made CD quest available to all clans as Malkavian lines were there.
Fixed Tawni and friend noticing you before accepting Imalia's quest.
Made vendors sell crossbow bolts with Tseng selling a crossbow too.
Imalia's magazine quest is now also available after her Tawni quest.

May 2, 2005 8:34:58 PM

On Mon, 2 May 2005, Memnoch wrote:

> I don't think it held up well as an adventure game either. Too many flaws,

In my opinion as an adventure kind of FPS RPG it beats other classics like
SS2 or DX hand down (and I said this here before often enough, I know ;) .

> poor performance. You would be hard pressed to believe it used the same
> engine as HL2, it was simply atrocious. It was good fun to play but it

I have to admit that there is some thruth here though. Besides all the
bugs which were mostly fixed by Dan Upright and myself and not Troika,
VTMB does run slower and does need more memory than HL2 on comparable
systems. Some of it might be explained by weather effects, moving sky,
more details in greater non-linear levels, lots more of NPCs and stuff
going on than in HL2, but still it seems unpolished and unoptimized...

May 2, 2005 8:34:59 PM

On Mon, 2 May 2005 16:34:58 +0200, Werner Spahl <spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de>
wrote:

>On Mon, 2 May 2005, Memnoch wrote:
>
>> I don't think it held up well as an adventure game either. Too many flaws,
>
>In my opinion as an adventure kind of FPS RPG it beats other classics like
>SS2 or DX hand down (and I said this here before often enough, I know ;) .
>
>> poor performance. You would be hard pressed to believe it used the same
>> engine as HL2, it was simply atrocious. It was good fun to play but it
>
>I have to admit that there is some thruth here though. Besides all the
>bugs which were mostly fixed by Dan Upright and myself and not Troika,
>VTMB does run slower and does need more memory than HL2 on comparable
>systems. Some of it might be explained by weather effects, moving sky,
>more details in greater non-linear levels, lots more of NPCs and stuff
>going on than in HL2, but still it seems unpolished and unoptimized...

HL2 just looks cleaner. You could argue that this was intentional but the
first time you come outside and see that citadel and zoom in and see all those
craft flying out of it you knew you were in for something special. I never
felt that on any level in VTM:B. The haunted hotel was a nice level but beyond
that nothing really stood out.
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 11:20:19 PM

Quoth The Raven "Knight37"<knight37m@email.com> in
Xns9649ACCA3820Eknight37m@130.133.1.4
> Joe62 <jmcginnNOSPAM@radicalREALLYNOSPAM.ca> once tried to test me
> with:

>>>If you were looking for an action game...
>>
>> Or a debugged game,
>
> I keep meaning to play that, I got it for Christmas. But I keep
> hearing how buggy it is and I'm put off by that. I did load it up and
> played the "tutorial" under two classes (Nosferatu and then
> Toreador). But then after that I just kind of got lost and didn't do
> much.

I had a lot of fun, its one of the rare games I finish, the bugs weren't
that bad.

--
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
May 3, 2005 2:43:49 AM

Thus spake Werner Spahl <spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de>, Mon, 2 May 2005
14:07:06 +0200, Anno Domini:

>On Mon, 2 May 2005, Highlandish wrote:
>
>[Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines]
>> I had a lot of fun, its one of the rare games I finish, the bugs weren't
>> that bad.
>
>If you fear bugs, apply the official patch 1.2 and the unofficial patch
>1.4 by Dan Upright and myself (www.nhancer.com/downloads/VTMBup14.zip).
>Besides some random crashes which appear in lots of games, these should
>fix anything really game stopping and lots of smaller glitches as well.

I've got 1.3 - what does 1.4 add mate?

Apart from the aforementioned 3rd-person mouse control sticking & music
volume (there's also the footstep synching), no show-stoppers whatsoever. If
fact, no other bugs I can comment on, just some very minor clipping issues.

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

May 3, 2005 2:44:39 AM

Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Mon, 02 May
2005 10:35:14 GMT, Anno Domini:

>On Sun, 01 May 2005 21:52:29 GMT, Joe62 <jmcginnNOSPAM@radicalREALLYNOSPAM.ca>
>wrote:

>>>If you were looking for an action game...
>>
>>Or a debugged game,
>
>My point exactly. I just wish someone could write a lie detector so that when
>you are watching the dev diary movies, with some jerk going on and on about
>how great their game is going to be, you can run this over it and have it
>shout "Bullshit". From the 5 movies I saw for Bloodlines it did look really
>good but the reality didn't relate to the movies unfortunately. I would like
>to see a game based on the Garou now.

What ver patch did you use? If none, then you've only yourself to blame,
with Troika's track record lol!

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

May 3, 2005 2:44:40 AM

On Mon, 02 May 2005 22:44:39 +1000, Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:

>Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Mon, 02 May
>2005 10:35:14 GMT, Anno Domini:
>
>>On Sun, 01 May 2005 21:52:29 GMT, Joe62 <jmcginnNOSPAM@radicalREALLYNOSPAM.ca>
>>wrote:

>>>Or a debugged game,
>>
>>My point exactly. I just wish someone could write a lie detector so that when
>>you are watching the dev diary movies, with some jerk going on and on about
>>how great their game is going to be, you can run this over it and have it
>>shout "Bullshit". From the 5 movies I saw for Bloodlines it did look really
>>good but the reality didn't relate to the movies unfortunately. I would like
>>to see a game based on the Garou now.
>
>What ver patch did you use? If none, then you've only yourself to blame,
>with Troika's track record lol!

Unfortunately I played and completed it before any patches were released if
memory serves and didn't really have any incentive in playing it as any of the
other clans. I did save it before a certain point which allowed me to see the
different endings though and did a swift un-install at that point.
May 3, 2005 2:45:29 AM

Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Mon, 02 May
2005 10:33:11 GMT, Anno Domini:

>On Mon, 02 May 2005 07:14:47 +1000, Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
>
>>Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Sun, 01 May
>>2005 18:16:56 GMT, Anno Domini:

>>>And Bloodlines was very disappointing.
>>
>>If you were looking for an action game...
>
>I don't think it held up well as an adventure game either. Too many flaws,
>poor performance. You would be hard pressed to believe it used the same
>engine as HL2, it was simply atrocious. It was good fun to play but it could
>have been so much better.

I give it single-player rpg of the year. Then again, what was it up against
on the pc? :-/

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

May 3, 2005 2:45:30 AM

Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote in

> Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Mon,
> 02 May 2005 10:33:11 GMT, Anno Domini:
>
>>On Mon, 02 May 2005 07:14:47 +1000, Nostromo
>><nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
>>
>>>Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Sun,
>>>01 May 2005 18:16:56 GMT, Anno Domini:

>>>If you were looking for an action game...
>>
>>I don't think it held up well as an adventure game either. Too many
>>flaws, poor performance. You would be hard pressed to believe it used
>>the same engine as HL2, it was simply atrocious. It was good fun to
>>play but it could have been so much better.
>
> I give it single-player rpg of the year. Then again, what was it up
> against on the pc? :-/

knights of the old republic 2 that was good not as fun as the original
but fun none the less, ive not finished bloodline yet to i havene made my
mind up yet
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 2:45:30 AM

On Mon, 02 May 2005 22:45:29 +1000, Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:

>Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Mon, 02 May
>2005 10:33:11 GMT, Anno Domini:
>
>>On Mon, 02 May 2005 07:14:47 +1000, Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
>>
>>>Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Sun, 01 May
>>>2005 18:16:56 GMT, Anno Domini:

>>>If you were looking for an action game...
>>
>>I don't think it held up well as an adventure game either. Too many flaws,
>>poor performance. You would be hard pressed to believe it used the same
>>engine as HL2, it was simply atrocious. It was good fun to play but it could
>>have been so much better.
>
>I give it single-player rpg of the year. Then again, what was it up against
>on the pc? :-/

That's true. Not exactly a good year was it. I would have to agree. Kind of
like me voting for Lib-Dem. ;-)
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 2:45:31 AM

On 02 May 2005 13:11:28 GMT, Stone Monkey <tenny2k@NOSPAMrtennant.fsnet.co.uk>
wrote:

>Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote in
>
>> Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Mon,
>> 02 May 2005 10:33:11 GMT, Anno Domini:

>>>I don't think it held up well as an adventure game either. Too many
>>>flaws, poor performance. You would be hard pressed to believe it used
>>>the same engine as HL2, it was simply atrocious. It was good fun to
>>>play but it could have been so much better.
>>
>> I give it single-player rpg of the year. Then again, what was it up
>> against on the pc? :-/
>>

>knights of the old republic 2 that was good not as fun as the original
>but fun none the less, ive not finished bloodline yet to i havene made my
>mind up yet

That was another sequel that didn't really do anything that the original
didn't and didn't really justify the full price tag. Kind of like Mysteries of
the Sith, it should have been reduced in price.
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 2:45:32 AM

Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote in

> On 02 May 2005 13:11:28 GMT, Stone Monkey
> <tenny2k@NOSPAMrtennant.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote in
>>
>>> Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>,
>>> Mon, 02 May 2005 10:33:11 GMT, Anno Domini:

>>> I give it single-player rpg of the year. Then again, what was it up
>>> against on the pc? :-/
>>>

>>knights of the old republic 2 that was good not as fun as the original
>>but fun none the less, ive not finished bloodline yet to i havene made
>>my mind up yet
>
> That was another sequel that didn't really do anything that the
> original didn't and didn't really justify the full price tag. Kind of
> like Mysteries of the Sith, it should have been reduced in price.

yeah I got it in the preowned section of game station 1 week after it was
outout
May 3, 2005 10:09:48 PM

Thus spake Werner Spahl <spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de>, Mon, 2 May 2005
16:26:54 +0200, Anno Domini:

>On Mon, 2 May 2005, Nostromo wrote:
>
>[Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines]
>> I've got 1.3 - what does 1.4 add mate?
>
>Here is the list for all the things 1.4 does. You can also see, that by
>"bug" some really minor things are considered which most people probably
>don't even notice. But then I fixed some weapons and placed some anew...
>
>v1.4
>----
>Repaired SWAT rifle crosshair and set damage similar to 'Jamie Sue'.
>Made rifles and crossbows use single shots to fit reload animation.
>Barabus will not be in the Fu Syndicate anymore after you have left.
>Removed illogical placed flamethrower and Ra blade from Hollowbrook.
>Chastity will have the Ra blade and a crossbow can be found nearby.
>Put flaming crossbow, torch and flamethrower at the Leopold Society.
>Changed damage of blunt weapons to fists < arm < baton < bat < iron.
>Made CD quest available to all clans as Malkavian lines were there.
>Fixed Tawni and friend noticing you before accepting Imalia's quest.
>Made vendors sell crossbow bolts with Tseng selling a crossbow too.
>Imalia's magazine quest is now also available after her Tawni quest.

So this is a user mod more than a patch? I don't know if I'd like having
fists be the weakest weapon, as I do a bit of brawling with my Tremere (3
stars I think). And she runs out of her bloodpool for her spells fairly
quick, so it's back to fists...:)

Now that I just got the 5th Bloodmagic star & that nasty exploding spell, I
may need to use fists less though. Where can I get it from Werner?

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

May 3, 2005 10:13:40 PM

On Tue, 3 May 2005, Nostromo wrote:

> >[Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines]
> >v1.4
> >----
> >Repaired SWAT rifle crosshair and set damage similar to 'Jamie Sue'.
> >Made rifles and crossbows use single shots to fit reload animation.
> >Barabus will not be in the Fu Syndicate anymore after you have left.
> >Removed illogical placed flamethrower and Ra blade from Hollowbrook.
> >Chastity will have the Ra blade and a crossbow can be found nearby.
> >Put flaming crossbow, torch and flamethrower at the Leopold Society.
> >Changed damage of blunt weapons to fists < arm < baton < bat < iron.
> >Made CD quest available to all clans as Malkavian lines were there.
> >Fixed Tawni and friend noticing you before accepting Imalia's quest.
> >Made vendors sell crossbow bolts with Tseng selling a crossbow too.
> >Imalia's magazine quest is now also available after her Tawni quest.
>
> So this is a user mod more than a patch? I don't know if I'd like having

Well, maybe I got a little carried away when placing the weapons, but to
me some of them appeared just to late in the game or in illogical places.
Like the Ra blade and the flamethrower lying somewhere in a corner when
all around Sabbat guys attack with shotguns and knifes only. It makes much
more sense to place these around the Hunters, who would really use them.

> fists be the weakest weapon, as I do a bit of brawling with my Tremere (3
> stars I think). And she runs out of her bloodpool for her spells fairly
> quick, so it's back to fists...:)

There are a lot of cheap blunt weapons around to use and the fists being
so strong was critized in the Vampire forums. My Toreador made more damage
with his fists than with a knife ;) !

> Now that I just got the 5th Bloodmagic star & that nasty exploding spell, I
> may need to use fists less though. Where can I get it from Werner?

At last the patch is available on FilePlanet and WorthPlaying. Just search
for VTMBup14.zip or for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines / patches...

May 3, 2005 10:42:26 PM

On Mon, 2 May 2005, Memnoch wrote:

> HL2 just looks cleaner. You could argue that this was intentional but
> the first time you come outside and see that citadel and zoom in and see
> all those craft flying out of it you knew you were in for something
> special. I never felt that on any level in VTM:B. The haunted hotel was
> a nice level but beyond that nothing really stood out.

This is true. HL2 had some great moments but couldn't back them up with
great gameplay. Especially regarding the citadel: It's design is so cool
but the fighting you do in it is again just against boring humanoids like
in 90% of the game, what a let down! VTMB is the other way round. It looks
harmless with all the urban settings, but the gameplay is better!

May 4, 2005 11:21:40 AM

Thus spake Werner Spahl <spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de>, Tue, 3 May 2005
18:13:40 +0200, Anno Domini:

>On Tue, 3 May 2005, Nostromo wrote:
>
>> >[Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines]
>> >v1.4
>> >----
>> >Repaired SWAT rifle crosshair and set damage similar to 'Jamie Sue'.
>> >Made rifles and crossbows use single shots to fit reload animation.
>> >Barabus will not be in the Fu Syndicate anymore after you have left.
>> >Removed illogical placed flamethrower and Ra blade from Hollowbrook.
>> >Chastity will have the Ra blade and a crossbow can be found nearby.
>> >Put flaming crossbow, torch and flamethrower at the Leopold Society.
>> >Changed damage of blunt weapons to fists < arm < baton < bat < iron.
>> >Made CD quest available to all clans as Malkavian lines were there.
>> >Fixed Tawni and friend noticing you before accepting Imalia's quest.
>> >Made vendors sell crossbow bolts with Tseng selling a crossbow too.
>> >Imalia's magazine quest is now also available after her Tawni quest.
>>
>> So this is a user mod more than a patch? I don't know if I'd like having
>
>Well, maybe I got a little carried away when placing the weapons, but to
>me some of them appeared just to late in the game or in illogical places.
>Like the Ra blade and the flamethrower lying somewhere in a corner when
>all around Sabbat guys attack with shotguns and knifes only. It makes much
>more sense to place these around the Hunters, who would really use them.
>
>> fists be the weakest weapon, as I do a bit of brawling with my Tremere (3
>> stars I think). And she runs out of her bloodpool for her spells fairly
>> quick, so it's back to fists...:)
>
>There are a lot of cheap blunt weapons around to use and the fists being
>so strong was critized in the Vampire forums. My Toreador made more damage
>with his fists than with a knife ;) !
>
>> Now that I just got the 5th Bloodmagic star & that nasty exploding spell, I
>> may need to use fists less though. Where can I get it from Werner?
>
>At last the patch is available on FilePlanet and WorthPlaying. Just search
>for VTMBup14.zip or for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines / patches...

Tx Werner - will do! ;-)

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

May 6, 2005 1:19:12 AM

Knight37 wrote:
> GFree <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> once tried to test me with:
>

>>Knight37 wrote:
>>

>>>I'm still holding my breath for Duke Nukem Forever.
>>
>>Stop, you're turning blue!
>>

> Oh I died a LONG time ago. I'm a Revenant now, and I will not rest until
> Duke Nukem Forever becomes a number one best seller.
>
> On at least 3 platforms.
>
> And it gets an expansion pack.
>
> And another sequel.

It'll have another new engine first ...

DNF is/must be a spam. No company could afford to develop a single game
for so long unless its one underpaid hasbeen promising the CEO the world
tomorrow.

--
Walter Mitty
-

Quoth The Raven "Walter Mitty"<mitticus@gmail.com> in
3dv9t5Fd5luU1@uni-berlin.de
> Knight37 wrote:
>> GFree <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> once tried to test me with:

>>>Stop, you're turning blue!
>>>

>> Oh I died a LONG time ago. I'm a Revenant now, and I will not rest
>> until Duke Nukem Forever becomes a number one best seller.
>>
>> On at least 3 platforms.
>>
>> And it gets an expansion pack.
>>
>> And another sequel.
>>

> It'll have another new engine first ...
>
> DNF is/must be a spam. No company could afford to develop a single
> game for so long unless its one underpaid hasbeen promising the CEO
> the world tomorrow.

it seems to me that DNF must be a spare time game only, done on their lunch
breaks while on other projects

--
If your computer says, "Printer out of Paper," this problem cannot be
resolved by continuously clicking the "OK" button.

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
!