??
33 answers Last reply
More about what game

    On 2005-05-01, BlueNeo <blue@blue.net> wrote:

    > I figured that after Doom 3, Farcry and Half Life 2 there would be a glut of
    > new games based on these new 3d engines.
    >
    > Are we looking at Unreal 3 as the next one?

    I was expecting more in the way of games using the HL2 and D3 engines,
    but the only ones I know of are
    Bloodlines
    QIV

    --
    Toby.
    field to circumvent my email filters.

    On Sun, 1 May 2005 18:52:23 +0100, Toby <google@asktoby.com> wrote:

    >On 2005-05-01, BlueNeo <blue@blue.net> wrote:
    >>
    >> I figured that after Doom 3, Farcry and Half Life 2 there would be a glut of
    >> new games based on these new 3d engines.
    >>
    >> Are we looking at Unreal 3 as the next one?
    >
    >I was expecting more in the way of games using the HL2 and D3 engines,
    >but the only ones I know of are
    >Bloodlines
    >QIV

    And Bloodlines was very disappointing.

    "BlueNeo" <blue@blue.net> once tried to test me with:

    > I figured that after Doom 3, Farcry and Half Life 2 there would be a
    > glut of new games based on these new 3d engines.
    >
    > Are we looking at Unreal 3 as the next one?

    I'm still holding my breath for Duke Nukem Forever.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

    stalker has had this tag on, but maybe it goes
    all a bit nukem. i´d say the next unreal tournament
    or maybe unreal 3 will be spectecular, no idea
    if it will be "big" as in the sense of the question.
    san andreas should do pretty well too, i guess.

    cu

    frank

    Knight37 wrote:
    > "BlueNeo" <blue@blue.net> once tried to test me with:
    >

    >>I figured that after Doom 3, Farcry and Half Life 2 there would be a
    >>glut of new games based on these new 3d engines.
    >>
    >>Are we looking at Unreal 3 as the next one?
    >

    > I'm still holding my breath for Duke Nukem Forever.

    Latest is that some journalists were shown 20 minutes of game footage
    privatley. The game is scheduled to get a public show at 2006 E3, and it
    is still using the Unreal 3 engine.

    Quoth The Raven "Knight37"<knight37m@email.com> in
    Xns96499A3614483knight37m@130.133.1.4
    > "BlueNeo" <blue@blue.net> once tried to test me with:
    >

    >> I figured that after Doom 3, Farcry and Half Life 2 there would be a
    >> glut of new games based on these new 3d engines.
    >>
    >> Are we looking at Unreal 3 as the next one?
    >
    > I'm still holding my breath for Duke Nukem Forever.

    same. I keep trying to convince myself that if its taken this long, it must
    be the most awesome game in existence, but then I felt the same way about
    Daikatana until it was released.

    --
    All SPAM after the 30th July 2003 will incur a $25 reading fee. Reading
    this notice, which is attached to every newsgroup posting, constitutes

    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

    Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Sun, 01 May
    2005 18:16:56 GMT, Anno Domini:

    >On Sun, 1 May 2005 18:52:23 +0100, Toby <google@asktoby.com> wrote:
    >
    >>On 2005-05-01, BlueNeo <blue@blue.net> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I figured that after Doom 3, Farcry and Half Life 2 there would be a glut of
    >>> new games based on these new 3d engines.
    >>>
    >>> Are we looking at Unreal 3 as the next one?
    >>
    >>I was expecting more in the way of games using the HL2 and D3 engines,
    >>but the only ones I know of are
    >>Bloodlines
    >>QIV
    >
    >And Bloodlines was very disappointing.

    If you were looking for an action game...

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

    On Mon, 02 May 2005 07:14:47 +1000, Nostromo
    <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:

    >>And Bloodlines was very disappointing.
    >
    >If you were looking for an action game...

    Or a debugged game,

    Joe62 <jmcginnNOSPAM@radicalREALLYNOSPAM.ca> once tried to test me with:

    >>>And Bloodlines was very disappointing.
    >>
    >>If you were looking for an action game...
    >
    > Or a debugged game,

    I keep meaning to play that, I got it for Christmas. But I keep hearing how
    buggy it is and I'm put off by that. I did load it up and played the
    "tutorial" under two classes (Nosferatu and then Toreador). But then after
    that I just kind of got lost and didn't do much.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

    Knight37 wrote:

    > I'm still holding my breath for Duke Nukem Forever.

    Stop, you're turning blue!

    GFree <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> once tried to test me with:

    > Knight37 wrote:
    >
    >> I'm still holding my breath for Duke Nukem Forever.
    >
    > Stop, you're turning blue!

    Oh I died a LONG time ago. I'm a Revenant now, and I will not rest until
    Duke Nukem Forever becomes a number one best seller.

    On at least 3 platforms.

    And it gets an expansion pack.

    And another sequel.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

    "Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
    > Joe62 <jmcginnNOSPAM@radicalREALLYNOSPAM.ca> once tried to test me with:

    >>>If you were looking for an action game...
    >>
    >> Or a debugged game,
    >
    > I keep meaning to play that, I got it for Christmas. But I keep hearing
    > how
    > buggy it is and I'm put off by that. I did load it up and played the
    > "tutorial" under two classes (Nosferatu and then Toreador). But then after
    > that I just kind of got lost and didn't do much.

    With the patch its not too bad, I only encountered one gamebreaker. If you
    enjoyed Deus Ex or SS2 you'll like Bloodlines.

    On Mon, 02 May 2005 07:14:47 +1000, Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:

    >Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Sun, 01 May
    >2005 18:16:56 GMT, Anno Domini:

    >>>I was expecting more in the way of games using the HL2 and D3 engines,
    >>>but the only ones I know of are
    >>>Bloodlines
    >>>QIV
    >>
    >>And Bloodlines was very disappointing.
    >
    >If you were looking for an action game...

    I don't think it held up well as an adventure game either. Too many flaws,
    poor performance. You would be hard pressed to believe it used the same
    engine as HL2, it was simply atrocious. It was good fun to play but it could
    have been so much better.

    On Sun, 01 May 2005 21:52:29 GMT, Joe62 <jmcginnNOSPAM@radicalREALLYNOSPAM.ca>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 02 May 2005 07:14:47 +1000, Nostromo
    ><nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
    >
    >>>And Bloodlines was very disappointing.
    >>
    >>If you were looking for an action game...
    >
    >Or a debugged game,

    My point exactly. I just wish someone could write a lie detector so that when
    you are watching the dev diary movies, with some jerk going on and on about
    how great their game is going to be, you can run this over it and have it
    shout "Bullshit". From the 5 movies I saw for Bloodlines it did look really
    good but the reality didn't relate to the movies unfortunately. I would like
    to see a game based on the Garou now.

    On Mon, 2 May 2005, Highlandish wrote:

    [Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines]
    > I had a lot of fun, its one of the rare games I finish, the bugs weren't
    > that bad.

    If you fear bugs, apply the official patch 1.2 and the unofficial patch
    1.4 by Dan Upright and myself (www.nhancer.com/downloads/VTMBup14.zip).
    Besides some random crashes which appear in lots of games, these should
    fix anything really game stopping and lots of smaller glitches as well.

    On Mon, 2 May 2005, Nostromo wrote:

    [Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines]
    > I've got 1.3 - what does 1.4 add mate?

    Here is the list for all the things 1.4 does. You can also see, that by
    "bug" some really minor things are considered which most people probably
    don't even notice. But then I fixed some weapons and placed some anew...

    v1.4
    ----
    Repaired SWAT rifle crosshair and set damage similar to 'Jamie Sue'.
    Made rifles and crossbows use single shots to fit reload animation.
    Barabus will not be in the Fu Syndicate anymore after you have left.
    Removed illogical placed flamethrower and Ra blade from Hollowbrook.
    Chastity will have the Ra blade and a crossbow can be found nearby.
    Put flaming crossbow, torch and flamethrower at the Leopold Society.
    Changed damage of blunt weapons to fists < arm < baton < bat < iron.
    Made CD quest available to all clans as Malkavian lines were there.
    Fixed Tawni and friend noticing you before accepting Imalia's quest.
    Made vendors sell crossbow bolts with Tseng selling a crossbow too.
    Imalia's magazine quest is now also available after her Tawni quest.

    On Mon, 2 May 2005, Memnoch wrote:

    > I don't think it held up well as an adventure game either. Too many flaws,

    In my opinion as an adventure kind of FPS RPG it beats other classics like
    SS2 or DX hand down (and I said this here before often enough, I know ;).

    > poor performance. You would be hard pressed to believe it used the same
    > engine as HL2, it was simply atrocious. It was good fun to play but it

    I have to admit that there is some thruth here though. Besides all the
    bugs which were mostly fixed by Dan Upright and myself and not Troika,
    VTMB does run slower and does need more memory than HL2 on comparable
    systems. Some of it might be explained by weather effects, moving sky,
    more details in greater non-linear levels, lots more of NPCs and stuff
    going on than in HL2, but still it seems unpolished and unoptimized...

  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Mon, 2 May 2005 16:34:58 +0200, Werner Spahl <spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 2 May 2005, Memnoch wrote:
    >
    >> I don't think it held up well as an adventure game either. Too many flaws,
    >
    >In my opinion as an adventure kind of FPS RPG it beats other classics like
    >SS2 or DX hand down (and I said this here before often enough, I know ;).
    >
    >> poor performance. You would be hard pressed to believe it used the same
    >> engine as HL2, it was simply atrocious. It was good fun to play but it
    >
    >I have to admit that there is some thruth here though. Besides all the
    >bugs which were mostly fixed by Dan Upright and myself and not Troika,
    >VTMB does run slower and does need more memory than HL2 on comparable
    >systems. Some of it might be explained by weather effects, moving sky,
    >more details in greater non-linear levels, lots more of NPCs and stuff
    >going on than in HL2, but still it seems unpolished and unoptimized...

    HL2 just looks cleaner. You could argue that this was intentional but the
    first time you come outside and see that citadel and zoom in and see all those
    craft flying out of it you knew you were in for something special. I never
    felt that on any level in VTM:B. The haunted hotel was a nice level but beyond
    that nothing really stood out.
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Quoth The Raven "Knight37"<knight37m@email.com> in
    Xns9649ACCA3820Eknight37m@130.133.1.4
    > Joe62 <jmcginnNOSPAM@radicalREALLYNOSPAM.ca> once tried to test me
    > with:

    >>>If you were looking for an action game...
    >>
    >> Or a debugged game,
    >
    > I keep meaning to play that, I got it for Christmas. But I keep
    > hearing how buggy it is and I'm put off by that. I did load it up and
    > played the "tutorial" under two classes (Nosferatu and then
    > Toreador). But then after that I just kind of got lost and didn't do
    > much.

    I had a lot of fun, its one of the rare games I finish, the bugs weren't
    that bad.

    --
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Thus spake Werner Spahl <spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de>, Mon, 2 May 2005
    14:07:06 +0200, Anno Domini:

    >On Mon, 2 May 2005, Highlandish wrote:
    >
    >[Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines]
    >> I had a lot of fun, its one of the rare games I finish, the bugs weren't
    >> that bad.
    >
    >If you fear bugs, apply the official patch 1.2 and the unofficial patch
    >1.4 by Dan Upright and myself (www.nhancer.com/downloads/VTMBup14.zip).
    >Besides some random crashes which appear in lots of games, these should
    >fix anything really game stopping and lots of smaller glitches as well.

    I've got 1.3 - what does 1.4 add mate?

    Apart from the aforementioned 3rd-person mouse control sticking & music
    volume (there's also the footstep synching), no show-stoppers whatsoever. If
    fact, no other bugs I can comment on, just some very minor clipping issues.

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Mon, 02 May
    2005 10:35:14 GMT, Anno Domini:

    >On Sun, 01 May 2005 21:52:29 GMT, Joe62 <jmcginnNOSPAM@radicalREALLYNOSPAM.ca>
    >wrote:

    >>>If you were looking for an action game...
    >>
    >>Or a debugged game,
    >
    >My point exactly. I just wish someone could write a lie detector so that when
    >you are watching the dev diary movies, with some jerk going on and on about
    >how great their game is going to be, you can run this over it and have it
    >shout "Bullshit". From the 5 movies I saw for Bloodlines it did look really
    >good but the reality didn't relate to the movies unfortunately. I would like
    >to see a game based on the Garou now.

    What ver patch did you use? If none, then you've only yourself to blame,
    with Troika's track record lol!

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Mon, 02 May 2005 22:44:39 +1000, Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:

    >Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Mon, 02 May
    >2005 10:35:14 GMT, Anno Domini:
    >
    >>On Sun, 01 May 2005 21:52:29 GMT, Joe62 <jmcginnNOSPAM@radicalREALLYNOSPAM.ca>
    >>wrote:

    >>>Or a debugged game,
    >>
    >>My point exactly. I just wish someone could write a lie detector so that when
    >>you are watching the dev diary movies, with some jerk going on and on about
    >>how great their game is going to be, you can run this over it and have it
    >>shout "Bullshit". From the 5 movies I saw for Bloodlines it did look really
    >>good but the reality didn't relate to the movies unfortunately. I would like
    >>to see a game based on the Garou now.
    >
    >What ver patch did you use? If none, then you've only yourself to blame,
    >with Troika's track record lol!

    Unfortunately I played and completed it before any patches were released if
    memory serves and didn't really have any incentive in playing it as any of the
    other clans. I did save it before a certain point which allowed me to see the
    different endings though and did a swift un-install at that point.
  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Mon, 02 May
    2005 10:33:11 GMT, Anno Domini:

    >On Mon, 02 May 2005 07:14:47 +1000, Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
    >
    >>Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Sun, 01 May
    >>2005 18:16:56 GMT, Anno Domini:

    >>>And Bloodlines was very disappointing.
    >>
    >>If you were looking for an action game...
    >
    >I don't think it held up well as an adventure game either. Too many flaws,
    >poor performance. You would be hard pressed to believe it used the same
    >engine as HL2, it was simply atrocious. It was good fun to play but it could
    >have been so much better.

    I give it single-player rpg of the year. Then again, what was it up against
    on the pc? :-/

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote in

    > Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Mon,
    > 02 May 2005 10:33:11 GMT, Anno Domini:
    >
    >>On Mon, 02 May 2005 07:14:47 +1000, Nostromo
    >><nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Sun,
    >>>01 May 2005 18:16:56 GMT, Anno Domini:

    >>>If you were looking for an action game...
    >>
    >>I don't think it held up well as an adventure game either. Too many
    >>flaws, poor performance. You would be hard pressed to believe it used
    >>the same engine as HL2, it was simply atrocious. It was good fun to
    >>play but it could have been so much better.
    >
    > I give it single-player rpg of the year. Then again, what was it up
    > against on the pc? :-/

    knights of the old republic 2 that was good not as fun as the original
    but fun none the less, ive not finished bloodline yet to i havene made my
    mind up yet
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Mon, 02 May 2005 22:45:29 +1000, Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:

    >Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Mon, 02 May
    >2005 10:33:11 GMT, Anno Domini:
    >
    >>On Mon, 02 May 2005 07:14:47 +1000, Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Sun, 01 May
    >>>2005 18:16:56 GMT, Anno Domini:

    >>>If you were looking for an action game...
    >>
    >>I don't think it held up well as an adventure game either. Too many flaws,
    >>poor performance. You would be hard pressed to believe it used the same
    >>engine as HL2, it was simply atrocious. It was good fun to play but it could
    >>have been so much better.
    >
    >I give it single-player rpg of the year. Then again, what was it up against
    >on the pc? :-/

    That's true. Not exactly a good year was it. I would have to agree. Kind of
    like me voting for Lib-Dem. ;-)
  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On 02 May 2005 13:11:28 GMT, Stone Monkey <tenny2k@NOSPAMrtennant.fsnet.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote in
    >
    >> Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Mon,
    >> 02 May 2005 10:33:11 GMT, Anno Domini:

    >>>I don't think it held up well as an adventure game either. Too many
    >>>flaws, poor performance. You would be hard pressed to believe it used
    >>>the same engine as HL2, it was simply atrocious. It was good fun to
    >>>play but it could have been so much better.
    >>
    >> I give it single-player rpg of the year. Then again, what was it up
    >> against on the pc? :-/
    >>

    >knights of the old republic 2 that was good not as fun as the original
    >but fun none the less, ive not finished bloodline yet to i havene made my
    >mind up yet

    That was another sequel that didn't really do anything that the original
    didn't and didn't really justify the full price tag. Kind of like Mysteries of
    the Sith, it should have been reduced in price.
  27. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote in

    > On 02 May 2005 13:11:28 GMT, Stone Monkey
    > <tenny2k@NOSPAMrtennant.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>,
    >>> Mon, 02 May 2005 10:33:11 GMT, Anno Domini:

    >>> I give it single-player rpg of the year. Then again, what was it up
    >>> against on the pc? :-/
    >>>

    >>knights of the old republic 2 that was good not as fun as the original
    >>but fun none the less, ive not finished bloodline yet to i havene made
    >>my mind up yet
    >
    > That was another sequel that didn't really do anything that the
    > original didn't and didn't really justify the full price tag. Kind of
    > like Mysteries of the Sith, it should have been reduced in price.

    yeah I got it in the preowned section of game station 1 week after it was
    outout
  28. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Thus spake Werner Spahl <spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de>, Mon, 2 May 2005
    16:26:54 +0200, Anno Domini:

    >On Mon, 2 May 2005, Nostromo wrote:
    >
    >[Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines]
    >> I've got 1.3 - what does 1.4 add mate?
    >
    >Here is the list for all the things 1.4 does. You can also see, that by
    >"bug" some really minor things are considered which most people probably
    >don't even notice. But then I fixed some weapons and placed some anew...
    >
    >v1.4
    >----
    >Repaired SWAT rifle crosshair and set damage similar to 'Jamie Sue'.
    >Made rifles and crossbows use single shots to fit reload animation.
    >Barabus will not be in the Fu Syndicate anymore after you have left.
    >Removed illogical placed flamethrower and Ra blade from Hollowbrook.
    >Chastity will have the Ra blade and a crossbow can be found nearby.
    >Put flaming crossbow, torch and flamethrower at the Leopold Society.
    >Changed damage of blunt weapons to fists < arm < baton < bat < iron.
    >Made CD quest available to all clans as Malkavian lines were there.
    >Fixed Tawni and friend noticing you before accepting Imalia's quest.
    >Made vendors sell crossbow bolts with Tseng selling a crossbow too.
    >Imalia's magazine quest is now also available after her Tawni quest.

    So this is a user mod more than a patch? I don't know if I'd like having
    fists be the weakest weapon, as I do a bit of brawling with my Tremere (3
    stars I think). And she runs out of her bloodpool for her spells fairly
    quick, so it's back to fists...:)

    Now that I just got the 5th Bloodmagic star & that nasty exploding spell, I
    may need to use fists less though. Where can I get it from Werner?

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

  29. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Tue, 3 May 2005, Nostromo wrote:

    > >[Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines]
    > >v1.4
    > >----
    > >Repaired SWAT rifle crosshair and set damage similar to 'Jamie Sue'.
    > >Made rifles and crossbows use single shots to fit reload animation.
    > >Barabus will not be in the Fu Syndicate anymore after you have left.
    > >Removed illogical placed flamethrower and Ra blade from Hollowbrook.
    > >Chastity will have the Ra blade and a crossbow can be found nearby.
    > >Put flaming crossbow, torch and flamethrower at the Leopold Society.
    > >Changed damage of blunt weapons to fists < arm < baton < bat < iron.
    > >Made CD quest available to all clans as Malkavian lines were there.
    > >Fixed Tawni and friend noticing you before accepting Imalia's quest.
    > >Made vendors sell crossbow bolts with Tseng selling a crossbow too.
    > >Imalia's magazine quest is now also available after her Tawni quest.
    >
    > So this is a user mod more than a patch? I don't know if I'd like having

    Well, maybe I got a little carried away when placing the weapons, but to
    me some of them appeared just to late in the game or in illogical places.
    Like the Ra blade and the flamethrower lying somewhere in a corner when
    all around Sabbat guys attack with shotguns and knifes only. It makes much
    more sense to place these around the Hunters, who would really use them.

    > fists be the weakest weapon, as I do a bit of brawling with my Tremere (3
    > stars I think). And she runs out of her bloodpool for her spells fairly
    > quick, so it's back to fists...:)

    There are a lot of cheap blunt weapons around to use and the fists being
    so strong was critized in the Vampire forums. My Toreador made more damage
    with his fists than with a knife ;)!

    > Now that I just got the 5th Bloodmagic star & that nasty exploding spell, I
    > may need to use fists less though. Where can I get it from Werner?

    At last the patch is available on FilePlanet and WorthPlaying. Just search
    for VTMBup14.zip or for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines / patches...

  30. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Mon, 2 May 2005, Memnoch wrote:

    > HL2 just looks cleaner. You could argue that this was intentional but
    > the first time you come outside and see that citadel and zoom in and see
    > all those craft flying out of it you knew you were in for something
    > special. I never felt that on any level in VTM:B. The haunted hotel was
    > a nice level but beyond that nothing really stood out.

    This is true. HL2 had some great moments but couldn't back them up with
    great gameplay. Especially regarding the citadel: It's design is so cool
    but the fighting you do in it is again just against boring humanoids like
    in 90% of the game, what a let down! VTMB is the other way round. It looks
    harmless with all the urban settings, but the gameplay is better!

  31. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Thus spake Werner Spahl <spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de>, Tue, 3 May 2005
    18:13:40 +0200, Anno Domini:

    >On Tue, 3 May 2005, Nostromo wrote:
    >
    >> >[Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines]
    >> >v1.4
    >> >----
    >> >Repaired SWAT rifle crosshair and set damage similar to 'Jamie Sue'.
    >> >Made rifles and crossbows use single shots to fit reload animation.
    >> >Barabus will not be in the Fu Syndicate anymore after you have left.
    >> >Removed illogical placed flamethrower and Ra blade from Hollowbrook.
    >> >Chastity will have the Ra blade and a crossbow can be found nearby.
    >> >Put flaming crossbow, torch and flamethrower at the Leopold Society.
    >> >Changed damage of blunt weapons to fists < arm < baton < bat < iron.
    >> >Made CD quest available to all clans as Malkavian lines were there.
    >> >Fixed Tawni and friend noticing you before accepting Imalia's quest.
    >> >Made vendors sell crossbow bolts with Tseng selling a crossbow too.
    >> >Imalia's magazine quest is now also available after her Tawni quest.
    >>
    >> So this is a user mod more than a patch? I don't know if I'd like having
    >
    >Well, maybe I got a little carried away when placing the weapons, but to
    >me some of them appeared just to late in the game or in illogical places.
    >Like the Ra blade and the flamethrower lying somewhere in a corner when
    >all around Sabbat guys attack with shotguns and knifes only. It makes much
    >more sense to place these around the Hunters, who would really use them.
    >
    >> fists be the weakest weapon, as I do a bit of brawling with my Tremere (3
    >> stars I think). And she runs out of her bloodpool for her spells fairly
    >> quick, so it's back to fists...:)
    >
    >There are a lot of cheap blunt weapons around to use and the fists being
    >so strong was critized in the Vampire forums. My Toreador made more damage
    >with his fists than with a knife ;)!
    >
    >> Now that I just got the 5th Bloodmagic star & that nasty exploding spell, I
    >> may need to use fists less though. Where can I get it from Werner?
    >
    >At last the patch is available on FilePlanet and WorthPlaying. Just search
    >for VTMBup14.zip or for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines / patches...

    Tx Werner - will do! ;-)

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

  32. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Knight37 wrote:
    > GFree <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> once tried to test me with:
    >

    >>Knight37 wrote:
    >>

    >>>I'm still holding my breath for Duke Nukem Forever.
    >>
    >>Stop, you're turning blue!
    >>

    > Oh I died a LONG time ago. I'm a Revenant now, and I will not rest until
    > Duke Nukem Forever becomes a number one best seller.
    >
    > On at least 3 platforms.
    >
    > And it gets an expansion pack.
    >
    > And another sequel.

    It'll have another new engine first ...

    DNF is/must be a spam. No company could afford to develop a single game
    for so long unless its one underpaid hasbeen promising the CEO the world
    tomorrow.

    --
    Walter Mitty
    -

    Quoth The Raven "Walter Mitty"<mitticus@gmail.com> in
    3dv9t5Fd5luU1@uni-berlin.de
    > Knight37 wrote:
    >> GFree <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> once tried to test me with:

    >>>Stop, you're turning blue!
    >>>

    >> Oh I died a LONG time ago. I'm a Revenant now, and I will not rest
    >> until Duke Nukem Forever becomes a number one best seller.
    >>
    >> On at least 3 platforms.
    >>
    >> And it gets an expansion pack.
    >>
    >> And another sequel.
    >>

    > It'll have another new engine first ...
    >
    > DNF is/must be a spam. No company could afford to develop a single
    > game for so long unless its one underpaid hasbeen promising the CEO
    > the world tomorrow.

    it seems to me that DNF must be a spare time game only, done on their lunch
    breaks while on other projects

    --
    If your computer says, "Printer out of Paper," this problem cannot be
    resolved by continuously clicking the "OK" button.

    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games