So, how does Doom3 look/play on the Xbox?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Newsgroup
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
May 1, 2005 11:50:00 PM

I know it's a PC newsgroup, but I don't subscribe to console newsgroups
("down w/consoles! PC's are best").

My brother's rig struggles w/Doom3 (9500 Pro overclocked, Mobile athlon @
2310Mhz, 213Mhz FSB 142Mhz memory, 1.8 Gigabytes of PC2100): high detail,
640*480, 2xAA, 8xAF. So how the hell can a console w/less than half the
perf./specs of my brother's computer play Doom3?

--
Remove nospam to email

More about : doom3 play xbox

Anonymous
May 2, 2005 3:32:38 AM

because its a machine that is made specifically for games,

I have both the pc and xbox versions. The xbox version is very good. If
you don't mind playing with a gamepad its actually more fun than the pc (at
least for me). The xbox live component is what makes it better than the pc.

Also the inclusion of the original doom and doom2 was pretty cool too.

--
Mickster

Visit my website and see my arcade!!

http://mickster.freeservers.com

"Doug" <pigdos@nospamcharter.net> wrote in message
>I know it's a PC newsgroup, but I don't subscribe to console newsgroups
>("down w/consoles! PC's are best").
>
> My brother's rig struggles w/Doom3 (9500 Pro overclocked, Mobile athlon @
> 2310Mhz, 213Mhz FSB 142Mhz memory, 1.8 Gigabytes of PC2100): high detail,
> 640*480, 2xAA, 8xAF. So how the hell can a console w/less than half the
> perf./specs of my brother's computer play Doom3?
>
> --
> Remove nospam to email

Anonymous
May 2, 2005 11:53:42 AM

You can't play FPS's on a console.
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 3:14:57 PM

Thusly "Doug" <pigdos@nospamcharter.net> Spake Unto All:

>I know it's a PC newsgroup, but I don't subscribe to console newsgroups
>("down w/consoles! PC's are best").
>
>My brother's rig struggles w/Doom3 (9500 Pro overclocked, Mobile athlon @
>2310Mhz, 213Mhz FSB 142Mhz memory, 1.8 Gigabytes of PC2100): high detail,
>640*480, 2xAA, 8xAF. So how the hell can a console w/less than half the
>perf./specs of my brother's computer play Doom3?

1) It does it at 640x480.
2) _at 30 fps_. (And actually I think it has problems maintaining 30
fps.)
3) Forget about any AA.
4) Forget about any AF.
5) Lowest-res textures.