Sign in with
Your question

Question about Lian-Li cases

Last response: in Components
August 11, 2002 10:20:40 AM

Hi, I'm sure many of you own Lian-Li cases, and I agree, that is the one I'm going to get as well, which model yet, has to be determined.

My question is, I heard somewhere that Lian-Li cases have trouble with some certain brands of power supplies, such as Enermax, or perhaps just PS's with dual fans. The trouble being is they have to be installed upside down? Different holes drilled?

I'm just curious if anybody could recommend a brand of PS that fits the Lian-Li cases nicely, (that is if I heard correctly that there was problems). Specifically the PS I want is an Antec Truepower 430W. Most stores stock the Enermax, but I heard Antec is better, more consistant voltage or some such...(I'm not planning to OC BTW)...!

More about : question lian cases

August 11, 2002 11:40:04 PM

I did not have problem install an Enermax PSU into my Lian Li case. Antec old PSU is not nearly as good as other name brand PSU. Antec's TruePower PSU is a lot better old one but Enermax PSU is still better.
Related resources
August 12, 2002 3:56:42 AM

Thanks silly_rabbit, I guess it must have been a problem with the old Lian-Li cases...especially when the dual fan PSU's came out, makes sense, since dual fan style is rather a new thing with PSU's, now I see a PSU with a triple fan, don't know the brand though. How many fans does one need these days...:-) (not only that the Lian-Li cases themselves come with 3 case fans! Then add a fan for the CPU itself, and video card and perhaps the HD!
August 12, 2002 4:00:28 AM

Thanks upec, and it seems people are pretty divided down the middle on the newer Antec PSU (Truepower's), and Enermax. Seems to be hard core believers on each side. An overclockers forum I was checking out seemed to thing Antec's were better since they had a better "rail" voltage or it was more consistant (whatever that all meant)...:-)
August 14, 2002 6:46:31 PM

The only problem you may have with enermax would be that you would have to remove the fan grill temporarily when you slide it in. Then you can put it back on.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=white>bless</font color=white> <font color=blue>the</font color=blue> <font color=red>U</font color=red><font color=white>S</font color=white><font color=blue>A</font color=blue>
August 20, 2002 4:47:28 AM

I like the antecs not just for the true power, but because they automatically change the speed of the fans based on the temp, and as far as I know all enermax fans have to be manually changed, am I correct?
August 20, 2002 3:54:34 PM

I believe some are manual and some are auto. Just depends on the model.

<font color=blue>Unofficial Forum Cop</font color=blue>
August 21, 2002 3:32:13 AM

Actually I don't know about that, maybe start another thread and see if anybody can help you. I checked around a bit and couldn't find any info other than what you already know about these power supplies. I saw a few Enermax fans with no adjustable switch on them, but that doesn't mean that the fans will auto adjust, either. My old PS from 3 years ago will adjust it's fan automatically, I'm not sure why Enermax would put on a manual adjustment, it's not like it's a big deal to auto adjust, or any more expensive to make one. Could be a reason I suppose...that reason being? I don't have a clue...
August 21, 2002 3:48:25 AM

Enermax PSU's fan is very quiet so automatically change the speed of the fans is not neccessory.
August 21, 2002 5:11:34 AM

What model is automatic?
!