V Phones Quwstion

Hi

I am looking to buy A Motorola v600 but see there are also v500 and v525
models. I beleive the 500 and 525 are configured for orange and vodafone. Is
that the only difference in these models and the v600.

Which model out of the 3 would you recommend.

I am on o2 PAYG so looking for Sim3 model.

Any opinions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Graham M
3 answers Last reply
More about phones quwstion

    Graham Moffat wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am looking to buy A Motorola v600 but see there are also v500 and
    > v525 models. I beleive the 500 and 525 are configured for orange and
    > vodafone. Is that the only difference in these models and the v600.
    >
    > Which model out of the 3 would you recommend.
    >
    > I am on o2 PAYG so looking for Sim3 model.
    >
    > Any opinions greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Graham M

    Basically the same, but V600 has video playback, removable fascias and
    concentric flashing. 500 and 525 are the same but for network branding. V600
    is the one to get BUT only if you can find the right tariff, V500/525 will
    be perfectly fine for a few less quid per month. (Also, I believe the V5xx
    can be flashed to V600 firmware)

    I'm getting a V500 later this week, I really wanted to get a V600 but saw
    sense when I realised it would cost me £48 more over 12 months*. Lovely
    phone though, good luck with your selection.

    ++
    Fillyourboots

    * How? well...
    V500 on Orange online (120mins & 30sms) + 30 sms = £17pm
    V600 on T-Mobile E100 Half-Time = £21pm (via Fwd Cellular, not in stock)
    Vodafone have a similar online deal (£15pm) to Orange, but doesn't offer
    number porting.

    "Fillyourboots" <spgreen1977nospam@orange.net> wrote in message

    > Graham Moffat wrote:
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I am looking to buy A Motorola v600 but see there are also v500 and
    > > v525 models. I beleive the 500 and 525 are configured for orange and
    > > vodafone. Is that the only difference in these models and the v600.
    > >
    > > Which model out of the 3 would you recommend.
    > >
    > > I am on o2 PAYG so looking for Sim3 model.
    > >
    > > Any opinions greatly appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Graham M
    >
    > Basically the same, but V600 has video playback, removable fascias and
    > concentric flashing. 500 and 525 are the same but for network branding.
    V600
    > is the one to get BUT only if you can find the right tariff, V500/525 will
    > be perfectly fine for a few less quid per month. (Also, I believe the V5xx
    > can be flashed to V600 firmware)
    >
    > I'm getting a V500 later this week, I really wanted to get a V600 but saw
    > sense when I realised it would cost me £48 more over 12 months*. Lovely
    > phone though, good luck with your selection.
    >
    > ++
    > Fillyourboots
    >
    > * How? well...
    > V500 on Orange online (120mins & 30sms) + 30 sms = £17pm
    > V600 on T-Mobile E100 Half-Time = £21pm (via Fwd Cellular, not in stock)
    > Vodafone have a similar online deal (£15pm) to Orange, but doesn't offer
    > number porting.

    V500/V525 are available on PAYG for £150 (Orange now only £130) V600 is
    contract only.

    Hi

    Thanks for info.

    Have gone for the v600. Got one 2nd hand on E-Bay.

    Cheers

    Graham
    "Jim" <no-one@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:40bbbd0c$1_5@127.0.0.1...
    > "Fillyourboots" <spgreen1977nospam@orange.net> wrote in message
    > >

    > > Graham Moffat wrote:
    > > > Hi
    > > >
    > > > I am looking to buy A Motorola v600 but see there are also v500 and
    > > > v525 models. I beleive the 500 and 525 are configured for orange and
    > > > vodafone. Is that the only difference in these models and the v600.
    > > >
    > > > Which model out of the 3 would you recommend.
    > > >
    > > > I am on o2 PAYG so looking for Sim3 model.
    > > >
    > > > Any opinions greatly appreciated.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > >
    > > > Graham M
    > >
    > > Basically the same, but V600 has video playback, removable fascias and
    > > concentric flashing. 500 and 525 are the same but for network branding.
    > V600
    > > is the one to get BUT only if you can find the right tariff, V500/525
    will
    > > be perfectly fine for a few less quid per month. (Also, I believe the
    V5xx
    > > can be flashed to V600 firmware)
    > >
    > > I'm getting a V500 later this week, I really wanted to get a V600 but
    saw
    > > sense when I realised it would cost me £48 more over 12 months*. Lovely
    > > phone though, good luck with your selection.
    > >
    > > ++
    > > Fillyourboots
    > >
    > > * How? well...
    > > V500 on Orange online (120mins & 30sms) + 30 sms = £17pm
    > > V600 on T-Mobile E100 Half-Time = £21pm (via Fwd Cellular, not in stock)
    > > Vodafone have a similar online deal (£15pm) to Orange, but doesn't offer
    > > number porting.
    > >
    > V500/V525 are available on PAYG for £150 (Orange now only £130) V600 is
    > contract only.

Motorola Phones Vodafone