Riddick, the movie and other games inspired by....

schrodinger

Hi.

Just watched "The Chronicles of Riddick" the movie and I can see where the
game tied up so closely to the movie without being "about" it.

There are only a few games that I recall that have drawn me so much into the
gameworld to prompt a replay after watching a movie: Deus Ex (Enemy of the
State), Mafia (duh!) and (I hate to say this) MOH:AA (Saving Private Ryan).

I have to say, however, that watching the movie very much highlighted to me
the sheer quality and originality of this game. I would class this game as
better than Half Life 2 because of this quality (plus there was more freedom
to accomplish tasks in your own way IMO).

On Mon, 02 May 2005 23:44:25 GMT, "Schrodinger" <no@1way.com> wrote:

>Hi.
>
>Just watched "The Chronicles of Riddick" the movie and I can see where the
>game tied up so closely to the movie without being "about" it.

Have you seen the animated movie Dark Fury. It links the two movies together.
Well worth watching.

On Mon, 2 May 2005, Schrodinger wrote:

> I have to say, however, that watching the movie very much highlighted to me
> the sheer quality and originality of this game. I would class this game as
> better than Half Life 2 because of this quality (plus there was more freedom
> to accomplish tasks in your own way IMO).

Now I have been known to critize HL2 a lot, but how one can claim Riddick
to be better is beyond me! Just compare all the different settings of HL2
with the few boring ones in Riddick, while there was not much more freedom
as well. You must be a Diesel fan I suspect ;).

I'm w/Werner on this one. From what I played of the Riddick demo it's
underwhelming. Let's look at the short list of what Riddick doesn't have
that HL2 does:
a) vehicles
b) good physics engine (trashcans don't move no matter what I blast 'em
with, must be tough for the garbage man/sanitation engineer)

--
Remove nospam to email