MN720 wireless adapter - WEP Key issue

Nathan

I've seen this same problem posted a few times and
haven't really seen any solutions...

I'm trying to connect an xp home edition computer to my
wireless network using the WN720 adapter (i've got the
broadband kit with the router and all).

No matter what I do each time I try to connect I get the
invalid WEP error. I have turned off the encryption
completely on the router, the wireless recognizes no
encryption, attempts to connect, and then tells me
invalid WEP! I've tried creating this connection
manually using the xp utilities but this doesn't work
either. tech support worked with me for about 3 hours
with no luck. What's the deal?

the wireless sees the routher, sends info, but never
connects (never gets an ip from the dhcp server). I'm
about to take this thing back...any ideas.

here's what i did--
i have an mn-730 trying to connect to a linksys router and
i had this problem forever. i screwed around with the
settings long enough and finally got it--
i would recommend trying to configure your 720 so that the
preamble is set on "long," and this setting has to be the
same on the router. that's what i did and it worked. this
isn't done through a wizard (as far as i know), you have to
manually do it under the actual device configuration.
i've gotten it to work with and without dhcp... if you
still can't get an ip, try manually setting that, too,
keeping in mind which ones the router is configured to use.