Sign in with
Your question

Fan Mounting Question

Last response: in Components
August 12, 2002 12:02:19 AM

Hey Guys,
I want to mount 4 case fans in my case, but there's only a spot for one intake and one exhaust, if I mount them on top of each other will this still improve cooling?

More about : fan mounting question

August 12, 2002 1:37:31 AM

If you aren't good with dremel tools I suggest you get a larger case already modified. Look here at a large selection of choices <A HREF="http://store.yahoo.com/directron/cases---case-fans.html" target="_new">Directron</A>

<font color=purple><b>Listen twice as much as you Speak. Better yet, Think twice. :wink: </font color=purple></b>
August 12, 2002 2:45:48 PM

I'm hoping to upgrade probably to an Elite case, but for now do you know what the effect (Pos or NEg) is of mounting 2 fans on top of each other, assuming same direction, etc so they don't cancel each other out.
Related resources
August 12, 2002 9:13:17 PM

A better solution would be install a more powerful fan then installed more fans.
August 12, 2002 11:02:40 PM

Yes, stacking fans can help flow because the second fan can spin faster with the positive pressure behind it, while the first spins faster with the lower pressure in front of it. I hear it's worth about 20% increased airflow. Of cours, you could just get more powerfull fans to begin with.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
!