Behringer amps clones of QSC?

Last response: in Home Audio
August 27, 2004 9:01:36 PM

Pictures by: Tom Hole comparing Berhinger and QSC power amps:

http://www.tomhole.com/Behringer%20EP2500%20vs%20QSC%20...
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 4:32:36 AM

"Wayne" <ybstudios@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Pictures by: Tom Hole comparing Berhinger and QSC power amps:
>>
>> http://www.tomhole.com/Behringer%20EP2500%20vs%20QSC%20...
>>

> Maybe same off shore supplier?

Power transformers have been ID'd as being from the same supplier.

The QSC has distinctive circuit features that strongly suggest that it is
"one of theirs", and not just a rebranding of someone else's design.

Note the differences in mechanical build quality - extra hardware and
sleeving.
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 8:24:38 AM

Wayne wrote:

> >Pictures by: Tom Hole comparing Berhinger and QSC power amps:
> >
> >http://www.tomhole.com/Behringer%20EP2500%20vs%20QSC%20...
> >
> Maybe same off shore supplier?

They are both made in China.

QSC use Oritron - a large competent company. No idea who Behringer
currently use - they seem to 'shop around' for deals.

I doesn't look like Oritron build quality.

One supplier Behringer once used dropped them for supplying them with low
spec parts that caused an excessive failure rate that they then had to
fix.

Graham
!