My pc is typing by itself. or someone has hacked me? please help!

briovaz

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
today i turned on my pc and left it for awhile. when i came back to the room the internet explorer was opened and in the google search someone typed "hi brian"! i closed the internet explorer then!,after awhile i went surfing the internet, then my mouse pointer took control of itself and closed the internet explorer which i was using, and opened up a notepad and asked me questions!!
it said : "HI BRIAN
IM BACK...
HOWS LIFE?
SO NO SOUND/"

weird isnt it? is this a virus or has someone hacked my pc?

Solution
My first thought is that they've installed some type of VNC-type software on your pc...like logmein free or uvnc server.

You can restart in safe mode...run msconfig and see if anything is autostarting (startup and services tab), and disable anything sketchy.

If you aren't familiar with msconfig, this may be too advanced a step for you.

The most base thing you can, at least, attempt...is to run add/remove programs (XP) or programs and features (Vista/7) and try to uninstall programs you don't use or that have 'vnc' in the name if you haven't installed them.

Best of luck!

zeffolia

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
Yeah someone has you Ratted

Which means they can see EVERYTHING you do so don't log into any important websites

They can basically use your computer right now just as well as you can. My advice: Reinstall your OS if you don't know anything about removing RATs as it can be very complicated and dangerous to falsely think you're safe

He can also view your webcam and microphone by the way

Back up your files and reinstall your OS asap

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
My first thought is that they've installed some type of VNC-type software on your pc...like logmein free or uvnc server.

You can restart in safe mode...run msconfig and see if anything is autostarting (startup and services tab), and disable anything sketchy.

If you aren't familiar with msconfig, this may be too advanced a step for you.

The most base thing you can, at least, attempt...is to run add/remove programs (XP) or programs and features (Vista/7) and try to uninstall programs you don't use or that have 'vnc' in the name if you haven't installed them.

Best of luck!

Solution

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
Alternately, you can ask "who is this" next time they take over. Maybe it is someone you know.

*shrugs*

Worth a shot. Just in case, though, I'm with zeffolia...avoid secure sites and important private information sending. They could have (in addition to screen viewing/control) keylogging software watching what you type or even taking sporadic screen-shots.