Freeware & Shareware games

For those who are interested in downloading some cool
freeware games (over 12 of them) and 2 shareware games.
Made by same development team in Croatia (Europe).
There is even a 2 year active forum on which you can engage
discussion with other gamers. If you like games you wont
make a mistake by visiting us. On 15 th May we are expecting
another 3 - 4 games to be finished, so there is a lot happening at us.
Come and see for yourself.
For those who were insulted by this SPAM looking post I wish my
deepest apologies. But please try to understand us we are a 7 year
old team and since recently have been making only freeware games.
So earning is not a common thing to us. The only profit that we get is
counting downloads and page visits. Which brings up our moral.
Thank You for your time
www.generationstars.com
8 answers Last reply
More about freeware shareware games

    x-no-archive: yes

    Snake Eyes wrote:

    <snip>

    i never feel offended by publishers promoting their pc games
    in this group and i think more should do it, so for me you
    are very welcome

    as for freeware and shareware pc games, my opinion is gaming
    development is a highly specialized full time professional
    activity and it must be rewarded so freeware and shareware pc
    games have lost appeal cause they have a amateur feel

    there is also the issue of packaging, and any true pc gamer
    needs a packaged box and freeware and shareware have none

    pc gamers want to pay for their games, the issue is not paying
    but rather how much is a fair price and copy protection
    publishers should work to sell pc games no higher than 19.99
    and take out copy protection from cd/dvd disks...
    that's my humble suggestion

    you being from croatia know for sure croteam and all their
    success and the way they reach it
    they didn't create lots of games but rather focus on one
    and cause it had so much quality they got a deal with a
    retail publisher and the rest is history

    also don't forget the game they sold had a fair price below
    19.99 and it had no copy protection
    the formula for success in pc games is
    quality + low price + no copy protection + box = hit

    i hope your team will be as successful as them
    good luck and best wishes for your business

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    Wow! I must say I agree with both of you. Thanks a lot for the support.
    I must say that I get more support from people outside of Croatia than
    inside.
    Yes i know about croteam and their story. Its no doubt 1 Ina 100 shot,
    but hey who said life isn't a lottery. Be sure that I am going to tell the
    rest
    of the team what you to guys said. Once again thanks a lot for understanding
    my reasons for posting here.

    steamKILLER wrote:
    > the formula for success in pc games is
    > quality + low price + no copy protection + box = hit

    LOL. What a wanker.

    "Snake Eyes" <noemail@mail.com> wrote in

    > For those who are interested in downloading some cool
    > freeware games (over 12 of them) and 2 shareware games.
    > Made by same development team in Croatia (Europe).

    I am afraid to run an executable downloaded from some random site I
    know almost nothing about.

    -Dan Damouth

    On Tue, 10 May 2005 02:44:09 GMT, Daniel Damouth <damouth@san.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >"Snake Eyes" <noemail@mail.com> wrote in
    >
    >> For those who are interested in downloading some cool
    >> freeware games (over 12 of them) and 2 shareware games.
    >> Made by same development team in Croatia (Europe).
    >
    >I am afraid to run an executable downloaded from some random site I
    >know almost nothing about.

    DeepFreeze:
    http://www.faronics.com/index.asp

    VMWare:
    http://www.vmware.com/

    If you don't want to go that far, you could simply right click on the
    executable, and select "Run as...". This will bring up a menu, which is by
    default set to prevent any damage to your system. (I won't vouch for it's
    effectiveness, but it seems to be sufficient for a stock application. It
    might be too effective, since it causes most apps to fail to load.)

    There's other solutions available, but generally require advanced computer
    knowledge.

    "Daniel Damouth" <damouth@san.rr.com> wrote in message

    > I am afraid to run an executable downloaded from some random site I
    > know almost nothing about.
    >
    > -Dan Damouth

    Well if You come on our website you will see that we exist about 7 years,
    go to google.com and write Generation Stars and se how many pages
    it will find. That will give us some credibility I hope.

    Come on our forum and ask us if there are some corrupted files.
    Please, skepticism is the last thing I want for my friends, about our games
    when it comes to downloading not playability. If you know what I mean,
    and if I understood you right. You can findout my e-mail on this web page so
    you can contact me directly if you have some questions in specific...

    "Snake Eyes" <noemail@mail.com> looked up from reading the entrails of

    >"Daniel Damouth" <damouth@san.rr.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I am afraid to run an executable downloaded from some random site I
    >> know almost nothing about.
    >>
    >> -Dan Damouth
    >>
    >Well if You come on our website you will see that we exist about 7 years,
    >go to google.com and write Generation Stars and se how many pages
    >it will find. That will give us some credibility I hope.

    Hate to break it to you, but what it says on YOUR website doesn't prove
    anything to other people. It's your site, you can write that you've
    been developing software for Windows XP for the last 50 years, but that
    won't make it true.

    In this day and age of internet advertising, showing up in google hits
    doesn't say much either.

    Not being down on you or accusing you of anything, this is just how
    things are.
    So if you're a relatively unknown group, don't release stuff _only_ in
    self-extracting archives, because Joe Average is just going to see an
    ..exe you want him to run.

    If it's zipped/rared/arjed/aced/whatevered, snag it, unarchive it, scan
    it, and install it. If it's an .exe, I won't even download it, because
    you're not a "trusted" source, and it's not worth my time to download
    something that i'm not going to install.

    Xocyll

    "Xocyll" <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in message

    > Hate to break it to you, but what it says on YOUR website doesn't prove
    > anything to other people. It's your site, you can write that you've
    > been developing software for Windows XP for the last 50 years, but that
    > won't make it true.
    >
    > In this day and age of internet advertising, showing up in google hits
    > doesn't say much either.
    >
    > Not being down on you or accusing you of anything, this is just how
    > things are.
    > So if you're a relatively unknown group, don't release stuff _only_ in
    > self-extracting archives, because Joe Average is just going to see an
    > .exe you want him to run.
    >
    > If it's zipped/rared/arjed/aced/whatevered, snag it, unarchive it, scan
    > it, and install it. If it's an .exe, I won't even download it, because
    > you're not a "trusted" source, and it's not worth my time to download
    > something that i'm not going to install.
    >
    > Xocyll
    Ok! Great thanks allot for the tip. If you think that our downloads are
    going
    to increase, just if we make the .exe files to zipped/rared/whatevered! I
    wasn't aware
    people pay so much attention to this. Can I post here and let you know when
    we
    make the changes? Listen if there is one that wont download a game cause its
    an exe file
    then there has to be another!
    Thanks again!
    Goran Duskic @ www.generationstars.com

PC gaming Freeware Shareware Games Video Games