Pine Soundcards? Yay or Nay?

I was wondering if anybody has had any experiences with pine sound cards, i'm thinking of getting the 6 channel CMEDIA pine soundcard on newegg for about $15. Thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

El Barto was here.
5 answers Last reply
More about pine soundcards
  1. You can get a similar CMEDIA card for $8 at Compgeeks.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
  2. Well, i'm buying a complete system of parts to go along with the soundcard, so shipping is going to be cheap compared to buying just one item from compugeeks, and I doubt I would save that much. My question is still unanswered, does anybody know the quality of pine soundcards, or any of their products I guess.

El Barto was here.
  3. It has nothing to do with Pine quality, but Cmedia quality, which is fair to good. This is the same soundchip used on many quality boards for onboard sound, as a better alternative to AC97. What motherboard are you getting?

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
  4. I'm getting an Epox 8KHA+. I believe it has AC 97 onboard sound.

El Barto was here.
  5. Why not get <A HREF="http://www.asus.com.tw/mb/socketa/a7v266-e/overview.htm" target="_new">This Board</A> which already has the Cmedia 6-channel sound?

Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Components