networking medal of honor with 2 computers w/crossover cable

trying to hookup 2 laptops, each running windows xp. going on a long
trip, so we just want to use a crossover cable in the car. we can get
the 2 laptops to exchange files, but we cant get the medal of honor
games to work..they will say "no server found" when the 2nd person
tries to enter a game. here are the settings we are using on the local
area connection:

internet protocol (tcp/ip):

laptop 1
ip address 10.0.0.1
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
default gateway is blank

preferred dns server and alternate dns server is blank

laptop 2
ip address 10.0.0.2
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
default gateway 10.0.0.1

preferred dns server 10.0.0.1
alternate dns server is blank

we've tried leaving the default gateway blank on laptop 2 along with
the preferred dns server..nothing seems to work..
anyone know what we are doing wrong?

Andrew

On 8 May 2005 20:46:00 -0700, rontvman@hotmail.com wrote:

>trying to hookup 2 laptops, each running windows xp. going on a long
>trip, so we just want to use a crossover cable in the car. we can get
>the 2 laptops to exchange files, but we cant get the medal of honor
>games to work..they will say "no server found" when the 2nd person
>tries to enter a game. here are the settings we are using on the local
>area connection:

Are you using a firewall that could be blocking it?

<rontvman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> trying to hookup 2 laptops, each running windows xp. going on a long
> trip, so we just want to use a crossover cable in the car. we can get
> the 2 laptops to exchange files, but we cant get the medal of honor
> games to work..they will say "no server found" when the 2nd person
> tries to enter a game. here are the settings we are using on the local
> area connection:
>
> internet protocol (tcp/ip):
>
> laptop 1
> ip address 10.0.0.1
> subnet mask 255.255.255.0
> default gateway is blank
>
> preferred dns server and alternate dns server is blank
>
> laptop 2
> ip address 10.0.0.2
> subnet mask 255.255.255.0
> default gateway 10.0.0.1
>
> preferred dns server 10.0.0.1
> alternate dns server is blank
>
> we've tried leaving the default gateway blank on laptop 2 along with
> the preferred dns server..nothing seems to work..
> anyone know what we are doing wrong?

Have you tried the internet option and typed in the IP address manually?