How can I switch between wireless and ethernet

Last response: in Networking
a b F Wireless
April 29, 2004 8:13:15 PM

Windows ME
MS Wireless Notebook Adapter MN-520

I can't figure out how to switch my connection between my
wired ethernet connection and my wireless connection. I
don't want to have to remove the wireless adapter from my
notebook all the time, but I only have it to use at the
library, coffee shops, etc. I don't have a wireless base
station at home. Is there some way to choose between the
different connections available to my computer, or to make
sure that the default is for the wired connection unless
that connection is unavailable. I don't want to be
randomly connecting to my neighbors networks and not have
any control over it. Please help if you can.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 30, 2004 3:17:55 AM

How about right clicking on My Network Places, then right clicking on the
Wireless Adapter and selecting Disable when you're not using it, and Enable
when you want it back
www.coribright.com

"Kathryn" <bardgirl@mail2hyperspace.com> wrote in message
> Windows ME
> MS Wireless Notebook Adapter MN-520
>
> I can't figure out how to switch my connection between my
> wired ethernet connection and my wireless connection. I
> don't want to have to remove the wireless adapter from my
> notebook all the time, but I only have it to use at the
> library, coffee shops, etc. I don't have a wireless base
> station at home. Is there some way to choose between the
> different connections available to my computer, or to make
> sure that the default is for the wired connection unless
> that connection is unavailable. I don't want to be
> randomly connecting to my neighbors networks and not have
> any control over it. Please help if you can.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 4, 2004 11:06:09 AM

Cari-

This must be something that you can only do in Windows
2000 and XP. Right clicking on My Network Places in
Windows ME doesn't get me anywhere that I can select
enable or disable for a given connection/network
adapter. I am familiar with what you are talking about,
I have a wireless network at work and run XP there.
There is indeed a place where you can see all possible
network connections listed and enable/disable them as
needed. As far as I can tell, no such list exists in
ME. Let me know if I'm mistaken in this (and provided
detailed instructions for finding the list, if you can).

Thanks!

Kathryn
Hardware)

!