Sign in with
Your question

Audio problem (noise) / Gigabyte GA-7VRX

Last response: in Components
August 14, 2002 8:45:51 PM

Hi there,

I recently bought a Gigabyte GA-7VRXP motherboard and I'm using the onboard Creative CT5880 soundcard. The problem is that I hear some high-pitch noise when playing movies or music files. It seems that the noise occurs when the system is working harder (starting a program, copying files, etc). And I frequently hear some high "beep" while music is playing.

It's not a software related prob, I tried with different media players.

I'm using Windows XP Pro with the latest 4-in-1 drivers and the latest audio driver that I could find on Gigabyte's website.

The fact is, Gigabyte have terrible technical support. Anyone in here could help me to solve my problem ?

Thanks!

Regards,
Cellcore
August 15, 2002 3:16:36 PM

Check that the audio cables from the CDROM drive or whatever drive they're coming from to the motherboard are not laying on power cables. Try to route them so they are nowhere near power supply cables, or laying on your RAM modules, or video card, try as best as you can to also keep power supply cables from laying on your ribbon cables from the drives, power supply cables give off EMP which can affect lower voltage information transfers, if they're laying directly on the cables.
August 18, 2002 7:25:39 AM

mute any unused input lines

ATI is like a mustang, real slow but with a rocket on it its fast, but you still wouldn't want one!
!