Model ??

All the best Brett :) 
Score
June 14, 2012 7:22:52 PM

tintin_calcifer said:
Hello,
HOW WILL I TURN ON THE WIRELESS CONNECTION OF MY DELL

Hi Tintin
My name is Varun and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.
The problem which you are facing with the system we can surly resolve the issue for you. As per the details there are different ways of turning on Wi-Fi in dell systems it always depends upon the model of your system .ill give you all the three options.
1: You can press FN+F2 and start wireless connection.
2: Only by pressing F2
3: There will be a slider switch on either side of your system for the Wi-Fi connection you can slide to the number 1 position and the wireless connection will be activated.
But it depends upon the model of your system
After using this steps if you still not able to turn on the wireless connection please do reply us back on same thread along with the model number.
Thanks

Dell-Varun_T
Score
Related resources
March 17, 2013 12:40:36 PM

F2 will not work, what now?
Score
a b F Wireless
a b $ Windows 7
March 17, 2013 1:15:22 PM

Martin Farrell said:

Hi :) 

Tell us WHICH Model ???

Score
June 1, 2013 8:12:54 AM

Brett928S2 said:
Martin Farrell said:

Guys,

Greetings !

I have been facing similar issue pertaining to Inspiron 1520 - Windows 7 combo, where I have not been successful in enabling the WIFI. I have tried following things mentioned in the mail trail, however all in vain.

3: There will be a slider switch on either side of your system for the Wi-Fi connection you can slide to the number 1 position and the wireless connection will be activated.

Any further help will be more appreciated.

Regards,
Arun.

Hi :) 

Tell us WHICH Model ???

Score
June 3, 2013 8:52:28 AM

I facing same problem. MOdel is Dell Inspiron 1440. WIndows vista
Score
June 3, 2013 11:39:18 AM

How about the front or side ? see if there is a bar which you can switch it on or off. Also FN+F12 also possible. some laptop has another key for only that function too. See if you can see a button with a Athene icon on your keyboard. It looks like a staff with 3 Waves above it most of the time..
Score
June 3, 2013 11:28:52 PM

Hi,
Ihave done all that. Turnig switches on. THere is a stub with 3 waves switch on top (F2). Now when I updated drivers from Dell site, it is showing the wifi turning on off as I press the buttons. But it is not detecting my wifi network. Other phones are able to connect to the same WIfi but not my Dell lappy. Please help.

Guanhao said:
How about the front or side ? see if there is a bar which you can switch it on or off. Also FN+F12 also possible. some laptop has another key for only that function too. See if you can see a button with a Athene icon on your keyboard. It looks like a staff with 3 Waves above it most of the time..

Score
June 3, 2013 11:33:47 PM

swapnilj said:
Hi,
Ihave done all that. Turnig switches on. THere is a stub with 3 waves switch on top (F2). Now when I updated drivers from Dell site, it is showing the wifi turning on off as I press the buttons. But it is not detecting my wifi network. Other phones are able to connect to the same WIfi but not my Dell lappy. Please help.

Guanhao said:

Do you see Wireless network when you want to connect to one? A list with networks and not only your network. SSID broadcasted networks should appear in that list.
Otherwise make a printscreen and me and others can help you further.

I'm on my way to school at the moment for 4-5 hours. Answer the question and put print screen so others can see it and help you further.
Score
June 8, 2013 11:11:37 AM

The netwroks are not detected by the dell Wifi. Other computers and phone can detect and join that same wifi device but not my laptop. It doent even show the wifi networks available. Also in the control panel under the network adapter icon the wireless adapter is not listed. Can you tell me what can be the issue. I have updated and installed all the drivers.
Score
June 8, 2013 12:07:35 PM

If other Experts are thinking same as i am, which is to bring that laptop to a repair center to repair your wireless card on board... this is what i think the issue is that it's broken or it's loosen up while you move your laptop. Let other Experts confirm this before you do this.
Score
July 4, 2013 2:46:51 AM

i have dell inspiron 620 desktop does my desktop has wifi ?
Score
July 5, 2013 8:20:26 AM

To swapnilj,
I suggest you that you should change your operating system. you should install windows 7, not vista.
I also have same model Dell Laptop and also have same problem about Wifi. but it resolve now by FN+F2 button.
Score
a b F Wireless
a b $ Windows 7
July 5, 2013 11:14:48 AM

Current financial circumstances put that out of the question zahid khalil and many folks can't upgrade their OS for want of a small part. A USB wireless dongle will do the job as well as and a lot cheaper than finding and fitting a replacement Dell card if that's the problem
Score
July 17, 2013 11:29:20 AM

DELL_Varun_T said:
tintin_calcifer said:
Hello,

Hi Tintin
The problem which you are facing with the system we can surly resolve the issue for you. As per the details there are different ways of turning on Wi-Fi in dell systems it always depends upon the model of your system .ill give you all the three options.
After using this steps if you still not able to turn on the wireless connection please do reply us back on same thread along with the model number.
Thanks

Dell-Varun_T

Hello...

My system in Dell N5110...I have switched on the Wifi by pressing Fn+F2...But couldnt able to connect my mobile with Dell Wifi....?
Could you help me...Thanks.
Score
a b F Wireless
a b $ Windows 7
July 17, 2013 11:40:54 AM

Does the laptop's wifi function "see" the network the mobile is providing? Haver you enabled and set up a portable hotspot in the phone or do you want the phone to connect to a router like the laptop does?
Score
September 1, 2013 11:08:28 PM

my laptop dell insprion 3521...so these process i do not connect wifi network........please help quick.....
i connect wifi network quckly.....
please help...................................
Score
a b F Wireless
a b $ Windows 7
September 1, 2013 11:39:06 PM

Does your network appear in the list of available wireless networks and if it does, what happens when you try to connect? Are you asked to put in the security key and what happens when you do?
Score
September 8, 2013 3:56:22 AM

hey varun... i have a dell inspiron n5110.. off late it has stopped detecting ONLY my house wifi... what shud i do?
Score
a b F Wireless
a b $ Windows 7
September 8, 2013 7:04:55 AM

pj93 said:
hey varun... i have a dell inspiron n5110.. off late it has stopped detecting ONLY my house wifi... what shud i do?

Best to delete it from your list of preferred networks and reconstitute it. If it still doesn't "see" the network your router is putting out, cable to the router and check the SSID and network security key. An accidental factory reset of the router might have defaulted the settings.
Score
November 25, 2013 9:44:50 AM

DELL_Varun_T said:
tintin_calcifer said:
Hello,

Hi Tintin
Thanks

Dell-Varun_T

i have a dell inspiron 17r N7010 and for some reason after downloading all the modem and network driver (wireless) it still wont connect to ethernet cable or wireless..it does have "!" next to the drivers in the divice manager but i have downloaded the drivers 3 times now and installed them and still nothing please help.
Score
December 16, 2013 11:41:54 AM

Dell N5010 Pres Fn+F2 and still nothing
Score
a b F Wireless
a b $ Windows 7
December 16, 2013 11:54:46 AM

To get the proper driver for your specific equipment, input the Service Tag reference from your computer's case into the Support and Download section of your country's local Dell website. Failing that, try http://www.dell.com. You will then be guided to the list of equipment your machine had installed and the latest drivers for those items.
Score
December 17, 2013 5:39:53 AM

I got all the drivers and still nothing
Score
December 20, 2013 11:35:57 PM

Saga Lout said:
pj93 said:

Best to delete it from your list of preferred networks and reconstitute it. If it still doesn't "see" the network your router is putting out, cable to the router and check the SSID and network security key. An accidental factory reset of the router might have defaulted the settings.

HEEEY... No luck Windows says Media disconnected, I tried IPCONFIG release renew Media disconnect I tried netsh wlan allow didn't work. The drivers for both the wifi and Bluetooth only says activate Bluetooth on wireless switch, then says install failed. Deleted system drivers and installed the .inf drivers. It did not fix. There is no physical switch. TCP\IP loop test worked.
Dell Inspiron 3721 17R.
Score
a b F Wireless
a b $ Windows 7
December 20, 2013 11:43:22 PM

Humour me - take it somewhere and try it outside your own home network. I assume you've tried cabling to your router to eliminate router problems but try wiireless outside your own environment is a test that might reveal something. If it fails that test, I would suspect the wireless card of being dead.
Score
January 6, 2014 11:29:30 PM

hello dell varun t
i have dell inspiron n5110. but i installed the driver but when i press fn,f2 there ia a voice like the device is enabled but when i set up a hoc it shows wireless is currently disabled. i tried too much but i do not get success
Score
a b F Wireless
a b $ Windows 7
January 6, 2014 11:36:18 PM

In Control Panel>Device Manager>Network Adapters, is the wireless adapter shown as disabled?
Score
January 9, 2014 8:08:23 AM

We are having similar issues with multiple Dell models across the board. We have several restaurants that use these laptops in house. My guess is usually a faulty wireless card. This could be due to rough-housing the machine, loose card, or otherwise. However, I haven't been able to confirm just yet because restaurant managers don't know how to send things in the mail... *-_-
Score
January 13, 2014 2:12:32 PM

Funny, Fn F2 on my Inspiron 5721 turns on/off Bluetooth and not my wireless card... Any ideas on how to turn it on any other way?
Score
a b F Wireless
a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2014 11:22:31 PM

The chip has probably failed. You could either open up a hatch under the base of the laptop and reseat the wireless card or simply buy a USB dongle to take its place.

The number of failures might point to a driver issue - maybe a new driver has come along which doesn't agree with older chips or newer versions of Windows. Try rolling back the driver to an earlier one.

This thread has run its course without seeming to resolve anything so it's time to close the thread and assume these wireless chips are no longer any use.
Score
January 18, 2014 5:56:34 PM

Hey Dell Varun,

You really made me look good in front of my husband. My husband formatted his PC and is rebuilding it. He can fix nearly any problem he has with a computer but this one stumped him. He told me that he was having a problem with connecting to the network and laughingly told me to see if I could fix it while he took a nap. I laughed back at him and said I will see what I can do. Well his PC has a connection now and it didn't before. Thanks for the information. You're the greatest.

dustydas

]Hello,
HOW WILL I TURN ON THE WIRELESS CONNECTION OF MY DELL[/quotemsg]

Hi Tintin
Thanks

Dell-Varun_T
[/quotemsg]

Score
a b F Wireless
a b $ Windows 7
January 18, 2014 11:25:43 PM

Good news, dustydas, and a positive note on which to close this old thread.

Varun's advice will remain visible to future readers but it didn't work in all circumstances and he hasn't returned to reinforce his advice so his post will not be chosen as the solution.
Score