mace

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2002

So, Boiling Point (Xenus) will be released on May 20th.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/previews/previews_story.php(que)id=118021

"The play area is massive, for a start - 625 square kilometres of
jungle, river and scattered habitation, all totally open to discovery
and exploration. As crazy as it may seem, however, it's the openness of
the gameplay rather than the landscape that truly impresses."

"There's a wild mix of gameplay here, kind of like GTA meets Deus Ex
meets Far Cry. Certainly a fascinating experiment, though one that
we're not yet totally convinced by - the combat and AI are deeply
underwhelming in the current build. But if these can be brought up to
speed, then Boiling Point could be a seriously hot property."

After the massive disappointment of HL2 maybe this one could finally
revive my passion for gaming yet again.

mace

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2002

mace wrote:
> So, Boiling Point (Xenus) will be released on May 20th.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/previews/previews_story.php(que)id=118021

> "The play area is massive, for a start - 625 square kilometres of
> jungle, river and scattered habitation, all totally open to discovery
> and exploration. As crazy as it may seem, however, it's the openness
of
> the gameplay rather than the landscape that truly impresses."
>
> "There's a wild mix of gameplay here, kind of like GTA meets Deus Ex
> meets Far Cry. Certainly a fascinating experiment, though one that
> we're not yet totally convinced by - the combat and AI are deeply
> underwhelming in the current build. But if these can be brought up to
> speed, then Boiling Point could be a seriously hot property."
>
> After the massive disappointment of HL2 maybe this one could finally
> revive my passion for gaming yet again.

Some more:

http://www.atari.com.au/news/details.do?newsId=355

Rumors don't make a game.

--
Remove nospam to email
"mace" <mmace@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> So, Boiling Point (Xenus) will be released on May 20th.
>
> http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/previews/previews_story.php(que)id=118021

> "The play area is massive, for a start - 625 square kilometres of
> jungle, river and scattered habitation, all totally open to discovery
> and exploration. As crazy as it may seem, however, it's the openness of
> the gameplay rather than the landscape that truly impresses."
>
> "There's a wild mix of gameplay here, kind of like GTA meets Deus Ex
> meets Far Cry. Certainly a fascinating experiment, though one that
> we're not yet totally convinced by - the combat and AI are deeply
> underwhelming in the current build. But if these can be brought up to
> speed, then Boiling Point could be a seriously hot property."
>
> After the massive disappointment of HL2 maybe this one could finally
> revive my passion for gaming yet again.

It doesn't look that good to me, but thanks for making us aware of new and
upcoming games. I always appreciate that!

"mace" <mmace@my-deja.com> schreef in bericht
> So, Boiling Point (Xenus) will be released on May 20th.
>
> http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/previews/previews_story.php(que)id=118021

> "The play area is massive, for a start - 625 square kilometres of
> jungle, river and scattered habitation, all totally open to discovery
> and exploration. As crazy as it may seem, however, it's the openness of
> the gameplay rather than the landscape that truly impresses."
>
> "There's a wild mix of gameplay here, kind of like GTA meets Deus Ex
> meets Far Cry. Certainly a fascinating experiment, though one that
> we're not yet totally convinced by - the combat and AI are deeply
> underwhelming in the current build. But if these can be brought up to
> speed, then Boiling Point could be a seriously hot property."
>
> After the massive disappointment of HL2 maybe this one could finally
> revive my passion for gaming yet again.

x-no-archive: yes

mace wrote:

> So, Boiling Point (Xenus) will be released on May 20th.

<snip>

> After the massive disappointment of HL2 maybe this one could finally
> revive my passion for gaming yet again.

very well said!

i'm too putting great hopes in boiling point
it sure looks like game of the year material

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

GFree wrote:
> steamKILLER wrote:
> >>After the massive disappointment of HL2 maybe this one could
finally
> >>revive my passion for gaming yet again.
> >

> > very well said!
>
> Really? How can someone who hasn't even PLAYED Half-Life 2 comment on

> this and say "very well said"?

Perhaps he's talking about the box?

On 11 May 2005 04:56:25 -0700, "mace" <mmace@my-deja.com> wrote:

>mace wrote:
>> So, Boiling Point (Xenus) will be released on May 20th.
>>

>http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/previews/previews_story.php(que)id=118021

>> "The play area is massive, for a start - 625 square kilometres of
>> jungle, river and scattered habitation, all totally open to discovery
>> and exploration. As crazy as it may seem, however, it's the openness
>of
>> the gameplay rather than the landscape that truly impresses."
>>
>> "There's a wild mix of gameplay here, kind of like GTA meets Deus Ex
>> meets Far Cry. Certainly a fascinating experiment, though one that
>> we're not yet totally convinced by - the combat and AI are deeply
>> underwhelming in the current build. But if these can be brought up to
>> speed, then Boiling Point could be a seriously hot property."
>>
>> After the massive disappointment of HL2 maybe this one could finally
>> revive my passion for gaming yet again.
>
>Some more:
>
>http://www.atari.com.au/news/details.do?newsId=355

Morrowind Meets Modern Military.

Seems very interesting indeed. I enjoy innovative cross-genre
games. Thanks for the pointer. Will keep an eye on the reviews
and user-reaction.

John Lewis

"stePH" <acetheta@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> GFree <gfree678@gmail.com> wrote in news:42831163_1@news.iprimus.com.au:
>
> > Really? How can someone who hasn't even PLAYED Half-Life 2 comment on
> > this and say "very well said"?
>
> Count on difool to never miss an opportunity for chiming in on a negative
> criticism of HL2.

No, I think Chadwick's right. He's talking about the box.