Need Help Identifying Phone

Last response: in Brands
June 9, 2004 9:19:18 PM

My kids are in Venice, Italy with a Motorola Timeport phone. They are
unable to get a signal. We cannot identify this phone, but we know that
it has worked in England and France. The guy who owns it thinks that it
is a model 4362, but there is no such model. It is at least two years
old. Any suggestions on how to identify the phone? I'm trying to
determine if it is a dual band phone and whether it will work in Italy
or whether it is defective.

More about : identifying phone

Anonymous
June 9, 2004 11:53:42 PM

"mcp6453" <mcp6453@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:D 90287aa46793a08e03ca7b85af51885@news.teranews.com...
> My kids are in Venice, Italy with a Motorola Timeport phone. They are
> unable to get a signal. We cannot identify this phone, but we know that
> it has worked in England and France. The guy who owns it thinks that it
> is a model 4362, but there is no such model. It is at least two years
> old. Any suggestions on how to identify the phone? I'm trying to
> determine if it is a dual band phone and whether it will work in Italy
> or whether it is defective.

(1) Put a picture of it on line so we can see it.

(2) Open up the phone (without damaging it) and check for identifying
information inside.

(3) Head over to a phone store and ask
Anonymous
June 9, 2004 11:53:43 PM

SA wrote:

> "mcp6453" <mcp6453@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:D 90287aa46793a08e03ca7b85af51885@news.teranews.com...
> > My kids are in Venice, Italy with a Motorola Timeport phone. They are
> > unable to get a signal. We cannot identify this phone, but we know that
> > it has worked in England and France. The guy who owns it thinks that it
> > is a model 4362, but there is no such model. It is at least two years
> > old. Any suggestions on how to identify the phone? I'm trying to
> > determine if it is a dual band phone and whether it will work in Italy
> > or whether it is defective.
>
> (1) Put a picture of it on line so we can see it.
>
> (2) Open up the phone (without damaging it) and check for identifying
> information inside.
>
> (3) Head over to a phone store and ask

The phone is in Italy. I'm not. In any case, it appears that we have
identified it as a P7389. Thanks!
!