Need Help Identifying Phone

My kids are in Venice, Italy with a Motorola Timeport phone. They are
unable to get a signal. We cannot identify this phone, but we know that
it has worked in England and France. The guy who owns it thinks that it
is a model 4362, but there is no such model. It is at least two years
old. Any suggestions on how to identify the phone? I'm trying to
determine if it is a dual band phone and whether it will work in Italy
or whether it is defective.
2 answers Last reply
More about need identifying phone

    "mcp6453" <mcp6453@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > My kids are in Venice, Italy with a Motorola Timeport phone. They are
    > unable to get a signal. We cannot identify this phone, but we know that
    > it has worked in England and France. The guy who owns it thinks that it
    > is a model 4362, but there is no such model. It is at least two years
    > old. Any suggestions on how to identify the phone? I'm trying to
    > determine if it is a dual band phone and whether it will work in Italy
    > or whether it is defective.

    (1) Put a picture of it on line so we can see it.

    (2) Open up the phone (without damaging it) and check for identifying
    information inside.

    (3) Head over to a phone store and ask

    SA wrote:

    > "mcp6453" <mcp6453@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > > My kids are in Venice, Italy with a Motorola Timeport phone. They are
    > > unable to get a signal. We cannot identify this phone, but we know that
    > > it has worked in England and France. The guy who owns it thinks that it
    > > is a model 4362, but there is no such model. It is at least two years
    > > old. Any suggestions on how to identify the phone? I'm trying to
    > > determine if it is a dual band phone and whether it will work in Italy
    > > or whether it is defective.
    >
    > (1) Put a picture of it on line so we can see it.
    >
    > (2) Open up the phone (without damaging it) and check for identifying
    > information inside.
    >
    > (3) Head over to a phone store and ask

    The phone is in Italy. I'm not. In any case, it appears that we have
    identified it as a P7389. Thanks!

Motorola Phones