VTM: Bloodlines: How do I dissipate blood shield?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

I'm playing Vampire - Bloodlines, and have the bloodshield spell. I
used it to fight a foe in the sewers and beat them. The problem is, the
spell is still working, and when I'm seen on the street, I cause a
Masquerade violation. The instructions for the spell say it is only
dissipated by damage. Will it also disappear in time? If not, is there
another way to dissipate a spelll, or can I cause damage to myself?

Thanks,

P.

sToic

On 15 May 2005 16:56:47 -0700, "oceanclub" <paul_moloney@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I'm playing Vampire - Bloodlines, and have the bloodshield spell. I
>used it to fight a foe in the sewers and beat them. The problem is, the
>spell is still working, and when I'm seen on the street, I cause a
>Masquerade violation. The instructions for the spell say it is only
>dissipated by damage. Will it also disappear in time? If not, is there
>another way to dissipate a spelll, or can I cause damage to myself?

Have you tried pressing F8 (which will end all active buffs?)

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg.]
On 2005-05-15, oceanclub <paul_moloney@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm playing Vampire - Bloodlines, and have the bloodshield spell. I
> used it to fight a foe in the sewers and beat them. The problem is, the
> spell is still working, and when I'm seen on the street, I cause a
> Masquerade violation. The instructions for the spell say it is only
> dissipated by damage. Will it also disappear in time? If not, is there
> another way to dissipate a spelll, or can I cause damage to myself?

Go to main menu -> controls. There's a key to stop a discipline
you cast. I usually set it to 't' but I think by default it's a
function key.

you can hit the f8 key to turn off active disciplines

oceanclub wrote:

> I'm playing Vampire - Bloodlines, and have the bloodshield spell. I
> used it to fight a foe in the sewers and beat them. The problem is, the
> spell is still working, and when I'm seen on the street, I cause a
> Masquerade violation. The instructions for the spell say it is only
> dissipated by damage. Will it also disappear in time? If not, is there
> another way to dissipate a spelll, or can I cause damage to myself?

IRRC F8 turns off any current stuff you have running....And don't worry
about Masquerade violations, you get PLENTY of masquerade redemption
points later on.

Thanks, guys. Didn't check for that key, duh.

I really like this game, just wish it didn't stutter so much!

P.