655 MB
26 answers Last reply
More about dust thief

    "One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:oXXhe.53294$Z14.44093@news.indigo.ie...
    > Shadows Of The Metal Age is out !
    >
    > http://www.gamershell.com/download_9153.shtml
    >
    > 655 MB

    dont bother with this download - go to fileplanet instead.
    my download was a zip file and corrupt. the fileplanet one
    is an installer.

    On Mon, 16 May 2005 08:27:15 +0100, "One Punch Mickey"
    <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Shadows Of The Metal Age is out !
    >
    >http://www.gamershell.com/download_9153.shtml
    >
    >655 MB

    Thanks for the info.

    However, should there be any problems with the above link, you can
    also go to:-

    http://www.thief2x.com/t2xmirrors.asp

    for all the current mirrors.

    John Lewis

    "One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Shadows Of The Metal Age is out !
    >
    > http://www.gamershell.com/download_9153.shtml
    >
    > 655 MB

    What is it? Is it different missions from the original thief 2? I've
    played thief 1 and 2 but couldn't be bothered with 3 when I started it.

    So,what is need to run this.Just Thief II:The Metal Age?

    On Mon, 16 May 2005 20:25:17 GMT, "dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net>
    wrote:

    >So,what is need to run this.Just Thief II:The Metal Age?

    Yes.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    "Interesting Ian" <DELETEMEspam.me2@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

    > "One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Shadows Of The Metal Age is out !
    >>
    >> http://www.gamershell.com/download_9153.shtml
    >>
    >> 655 MB
    >>

    > What is it? Is it different missions from the original thief 2? I've
    > played thief 1 and 2 but couldn't be bothered with 3 when I started it.

    Its a free fan made expansion pack to Thief 2 - the version I got from
    Fileplanet worked fine. Its a high quality game as polished as Thief 2 - yes
    it looks a little dated now because the engine is very old but its clearly a
    labour of love. The levels, cutscenes and sound are all up to standard of
    the original game. Im enjoying it immensely.

    "Sleepy" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message

    > "Interesting Ian" <DELETEMEspam.me2@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Shadows Of The Metal Age is out !
    >>>
    >>> http://www.gamershell.com/download_9153.shtml
    >>>
    >>> 655 MB
    >>>

    >> What is it? Is it different missions from the original thief 2? I've
    >> played thief 1 and 2 but couldn't be bothered with 3 when I started it.
    >
    > Its a free fan made expansion pack to Thief 2 - the version I got from
    > Fileplanet worked fine. Its a high quality game as polished as Thief 2 -
    > yes it looks a little dated now because the engine is very old but its
    > clearly a labour of love. The levels, cutscenes and sound are all up to
    > standard of the original game. Im enjoying it immensely.

    Yes I've downloaded it and am playing it now :-)

    >>So,what is need to run this.Just Thief II:The Metal Age?

    More help and discussion in alt.games.thief-dark-project !

    rms

    "dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > So,what is need to run this.Just Thief II:The Metal Age?

    Ive got the budget version of Thief 2 on the Sold Out label
    which is version 1.07 I think - Thief2X installs fine on it and
    puts its own desktop icon for launching - a very professional
    job.

    > Ive got the budget version of Thief 2 on the Sold Out label
    > which is version 1.07 I think - Thief2X installs fine on it and
    > puts its own desktop icon for launching - a very professional
    > job.

    You should have installed the 1.18 patch first I think.

    rms

    "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
    >> Ive got the budget version of Thief 2 on the Sold Out label
    >> which is version 1.07 I think - Thief2X installs fine on it and
    >> puts its own desktop icon for launching - a very professional
    >> job.
    >
    > You should have installed the 1.18 patch first I think.
    >
    > rms
    I agreed to the update from the message that popped up, but it says mines
    still version 1.07.

    This new game seems to work fine though. Any point in applying the patch
    now, and where would I get it from?

    Sleepy wrote:

    >> So,what is need to run this.Just Thief II:The Metal Age?
    > Ive got the budget version of Thief 2 on the Sold Out label
    > which is version 1.07 I think - Thief2X installs fine on it and
    > puts its own desktop icon for launching - a very professional
    > job.

    As the instructions clearly point out, it needs version 1.18 to work
    correctly.

    --
    "Wer zu Hause bleibt, wenn der Kampf beginnt, und läßt andere kämpfen für
    seine Sache, der muß sich vorsehen, denn: Wer den Kampf nicht teilt, wird

    Andrew wrote:

    > I many have to remove him from the killfile, it seems his true comedy
    > value shines when he isn't talking about Steam. As you say he gets
    > more stupid by the post, and he started out at the bottom end of the
    > Usenet gene pool.

    That's the only reason I won't put him in the killfile. With some of his
    claims this week it is clear he doesn't know anything about gaming.

    "Heiko Nock" <hnock@gmx.de> wrote in message
    > Sleepy wrote:
    >
    >>> So,what is need to run this.Just Thief II:The Metal Age?
    >> Ive got the budget version of Thief 2 on the Sold Out label
    >> which is version 1.07 I think - Thief2X installs fine on it and
    >> puts its own desktop icon for launching - a very professional
    >> job.
    >
    > As the instructions clearly point out, it needs version 1.18 to work
    > correctly.

    What instructions ? Theres no readme with Thief2X - there is a FAQ
    but that makes no mention of which version of Thief 2 is required.
    Its running fine and stable for me at 1.07 on WinXP + SP2.

    Sleepy wrote:

    >> As the instructions clearly point out, it needs version 1.18 to work
    >> correctly.
    > What instructions?

    The instructions that come up during installation.

    > "Heiko Nock" <hnock@gmx.de> wrote in message

    >>> Ive got the budget version of Thief 2 on the Sold Out label
    >>> which is version 1.07 I think - Thief2X installs fine on it and
    >>> puts its own desktop icon for launching - a very professional
    >>> job.
    >>
    >> As the instructions clearly point out, it needs version 1.18 to work
    >> correctly.
    >
    > What instructions ? Theres no readme with Thief2X - there is a FAQ
    > but that makes no mention of which version of Thief 2 is required.
    > Its running fine and stable for me at 1.07 on WinXP + SP2.

    From readme.txt installed in the T2X folder:

    Requirements
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A legal version of Thief2 - The Metal Age by Looking Glass Studios,
    patched to version 1.18, is required in order to play T2X. Be sure to
    have Thief2 installed and patched before attempting to install T2X.

    --
    "If you meet a vegan it's bad form to give them the famous four-fingered V
    sign and say 'Live long and prosper'." - Terry Pratchett

    Replace "minus" with the opposite to reply by e-mail

    "One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> once tried to test me
    with:

    > Shadows Of The Metal Age is out !
    >
    > http://www.gamershell.com/download_9153.shtml
    >
    > 655 MB

    Here's a Bit Torrent link:

    http://thiefmissions.com/torrents/t2x_setup.exe.torrent

    Getting it now.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Andrew wrote:
    >
    >> I many have to remove him from the killfile, it seems his true comedy
    >> value shines when he isn't talking about Steam. As you say he gets
    >> more stupid by the post, and he started out at the bottom end of the
    >> Usenet gene pool.
    >
    > That's the only reason I won't put him in the killfile. With some of his
    > claims this week it is clear he doesn't know anything about gaming.

    I thought that had been established around December?

    He's back in mine and he's staying there. The irritation outweighs the
    comedy value.
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Thusly "One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> Spake Unto
    All:

    >I was playing Thief 3 just before I installed T2X, and whatever else you
    >think about T3 it's definitely one of the best looking games of 2004

    Uh... Not really. Unless you by "one of the best" mean somewhere
    outside the top five. It was a nice game, but the graphics were so-so
    as they were designed to run at 30 fps on an xbox.
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    *snip*

    >despite the fact that she sounds like she's having an orgasm when you
    >mantle up to a high ledge.

    and thats bad because ...?
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Sleepy" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message

    > Its a high quality game as polished as Thief 2 - yes it looks a little
    > dated now because the engine is very old but its clearly a labour of love.
    > The levels, cutscenes and sound are all up to standard of the original
    > game. Im enjoying it immensely.

    I completely agree, it's a true pleasure to play. Even the voice acting is
    surprisingly good, even better than some of the Thief 2 voice acting. I
    also love the attention to detail with its modified health indicator,
    visibility gem, menu screens etc, and as far as I know the cutscenes will
    play without issue on Windows XP (unlike Thief 1 and 2). As you say, it's
    clearly a labor of love.
  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> once tried to test me
    with:

    > I was playing Thief 3 just before I installed T2X, and whatever else
    > you think about T3 it's definitely one of the best looking games of
    > 2004, chunky ladders and occasional low-res texture aside.

    I haven't tried T2X I did grab it though.

    I don't think T3 is graphically that great but gameplay is.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    I spent over an hour on the first big city level last night. I thought I'd
    been really thorough and found everything, then when I completed the mission
    I had 2 out of 5 secrets and about 75% of the loot! It's that sort of mod.
  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    x-no-archive: yes

    One Punch Mickey wrote:

    > Go on then, take your best shot.

    i'm no sadist man! i only beat when i have too
    you really have to make me very angry like attacking pc games
    for me to go after you
    but attacking pc games was never a problem for you was it
    mickey? you're really very good at it aren't you mickey?

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > is laughing
    > oh man next time mickey posts i'll get him!

    Go on then, take your best shot.
  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    > i'm no sadist man! i only beat when i have too
    > you really have to make me very angry like attacking pc games
    > for me to go after you
    > but attacking pc games was never a problem for you was it
    > mickey? you're really very good at it aren't you mickey?

    Yes! Bwahahaha! For it is I, your arch-nemesis Steamy McSteam! Winner of the
    Scottish Steam Appreciation Society Fanboy competition two years running!

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games