Painkiller:Constant crashing

Okay,everything was fine yesterday. Saving and loading no problem. Today,I'm
trying to finish the Train statiion level and when I try to save or load
within the game it crashes to desktop every time. I can load from a
restart(any saved game on any level) to get back to where I was but if I try
while playing it just CTD's every time. I've tried loading different
saves,quick saves and checkpoints.They all crash. I defragged,deleted many
saved games and I even turned down my FSB and acceleration on sound and
video. Bu5t,like I said it's been working fine up 'til today WTF?
5 answers Last reply
More about painkiller constant crashing

    On Mon, 16 May 2005 23:23:00 GMT, "dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net>
    wrote:

    >Okay,everything was fine yesterday. Saving and loading no problem. Today,I'm
    >trying to finish the Train statiion level and when I try to save or load
    >within the game it crashes to desktop every time. I can load from a
    >restart(any saved game on any level) to get back to where I was but if I try
    >while playing it just CTD's every time. I've tried loading different
    >saves,quick saves and checkpoints.They all crash. I defragged,deleted many
    >saved games and I even turned down my FSB and acceleration on sound and
    >video. Bu5t,like I said it's been working fine up 'til today WTF?

    2 Silly Questions.... fully patched up to v1.64 ?
    .... looked over all the patch docs for a
    potential explanation ?

    John Lewis

    I had this at one or 2 points in an other wise very stable game....I suggest
    you push on to the end of the Train Station level in one go ....the prob.
    (hopefully ) goes ..and assume its just within that level..
    luv mouse
    @@@@@@@@@

    I had this same problem a few months ago. I was playing it on a 23"
    wide-screen aspect, flat-panel monitor (16 x 9) and my native desktop
    resolution was 1920 x 1200. Using version 1.35, Painkiller had a preset that
    matched that resolution, so I just used 1920 x 1200. It crashed frequently,
    just like you described.

    I would recommend setting it to a more standard screen resolution (1024 x
    768 worked for me) if this is your case, too. I had to restart at the
    Catacombs level, where all the crashing madness began, but the CTD's
    stopped.

    HTH,

    f_f

    "faster_framerates" <nothanks@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > I had this same problem a few months ago. I was playing it on a 23"
    > wide-screen aspect, flat-panel monitor (16 x 9) and my native desktop
    > resolution was 1920 x 1200. Using version 1.35, Painkiller had a preset
    that
    > matched that resolution, so I just used 1920 x 1200. It crashed
    frequently,
    > just like you described.
    >
    > I would recommend setting it to a more standard screen resolution (1024 x
    > 768 worked for me) if this is your case, too. I had to restart at the
    > Catacombs level, where all the crashing madness began, but the CTD's
    > stopped.
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > f_f

    Thanks all,
    Turns out I had 5 or 6 corrupt saves.Went back to earlier saves and got
    through the level. Did anyone get to the Health ?Power -up in the Train
    Sataion Ticket office. It's a green/red thing on a ledge. There's a video
    game console near the ledge. I'm assuming you have to jump from the console.
  5. I have script error in "City on the water".

    Script Error
    ./Data/LScripts/Main/GObjects.lua:192:?
    ./Data/LScripts/Main/GObjects.lua:192:Render
    ./Data/LScripts/Main/Game.lua:687:Render
    ./Data/LScripts/Main/Game.lua:1569:Game_Render

    Can somebody help me?

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games