Quake IV announced for Xbox 360 - Page 2

Last response: in Video Games
May 20, 2005 4:53:47 PM

On Fri, 20 May 2005 09:31:15 -0500, "faster_framerates"
<nothanks@nowhere.net> wrote:

>And I don't own a console, although the Xbox 360 is somewhat convincing if
>someone offers a keyboard/mouse peripheral.

You can hook up USB mice and keyboards to both Xbox and PS2, it's the
games that have to be coded to support them though.
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 8:21:58 PM

>>And I don't own a console, although the Xbox 360 is somewhat convincing if
>>someone offers a keyboard/mouse peripheral.
>
> You can hook up USB mice and keyboards to both Xbox and PS2, it's the
> games that have to be coded to support them though.

Yep, that's what I've read about SmartJoy's FRAG device. Hit-or-miss game
support.

- f_f
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 3:24:50 AM

x-no-archive: yes

Benjamin Gawert wrote:

> I don't have much infos regarding the new Playstation 3,
> but I suspect it will erform like a 6600 non-GT at best.
> Even 2006 the 6800 GPUs will still be too expensive for a
> console, and they produce too much heat. Sony probably
> could use the Go versions (notebook versions) which produce
> less heat and are easier to cool, but then a desktop 6600GT
> still blows a GF6800 Go Ultra away...

> Benjamin

great news!
the pc is the best and will still be the best!
long live the pc!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

steamKILLER wrote:

> oh so you also want to become a retarded consolist
> ok its your life, so you destroied it the way you like

ROFL
Now your life will be destroyed if you own a console. You take things way
too
seriously freak.
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 4:59:27 AM

x-no-archive: yes

Hank the Rapper wrote:

<snip>

how many times do i need to tell you the same hank?
its valve that took away the CHOICE!
its valve that FORCED everyone into using steam!
in valve world either you do it THEIR WAY or you are out!
valve is MONOPOLISTIC!
valve is DICTATORSHIP!
a valve gamer is a imprisoned enslaved submissive
obedient dependant loyal servant
how many times do i need to write the same stuff!
hank you always deny the truth... why? cause you are already
infected with it and you refuse to set yourself free
i tried to set yourself free but you don't want it
there is a phenomenon with people which have been kidnaped that
after some time they refuse to leave their kidnapper even if
they have the possibility
you have been kidnapped by valve, you can set yourself free
but you refuse it time after time
you are a lost case man

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 8:47:26 PM

steamKILLER wrote:

> how many times do i need to tell you the same hank?
> its valve that took away the CHOICE!
> its valve that FORCED everyone into using steam!
> in valve world either you do it THEIR WAY or you are out!
> valve is MONOPOLISTIC!
> valve is DICTATORSHIP!
> a valve gamer is a imprisoned enslaved submissive
> obedient dependant loyal servant
> how many times do i need to write the same stuff!
> hank you always deny the truth... why? cause you are already
> infected with it and you refuse to set yourself free
> i tried to set yourself free but you don't want it
> there is a phenomenon with people which have been kidnaped that
> after some time they refuse to leave their kidnapper even if
> they have the possibility
> you have been kidnapped by valve, you can set yourself free
> but you refuse it time after time
> you are a lost case man

I wasn't talking about Valve, I was talking about you, the evil monopolistic
dictator that wants to control what people do.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 8:37:54 AM

faster_framerates wrote:
> > i really don't know why i replied to you...
>
> The feeling is mutual, trust me. I'm sure others have felt the same way
> toward you in this newsgroup. You've turned this discussion -- if you can
> call it that -- into a personal attack.

[snip]

> I've been browsing this newsgroup for over two years, long before you came
> along, and I've never come across the animosity toward consoles you seem to
> have. Sure, there are "fanboi" labels handed out daily and there are
> certainly differences of opinion here, but thinking you can will someone
> away from a Usenet newsgroup by typing in all-caps is ludicrous. I still
> play games primarily on a PC and will continue to do so until something
> better comes along that fits my needs and budget.
>
> This is my final post to this thread. I'm sure you'll have to reply and have
> the last word, but I have a life to get back to. There's really nothing
> further to say.

Well done for trying anyway. After a while your head stats to hurt,
doesn't it.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 9:29:11 PM

I'm not crazy
You're the one that's crazy
You're driving me crazy
They stuck me in an institution
Said it was the only solution
To give me the needed professional help
By protecting me from the enemy--myself

You don't care about PC gaming, you only care your selfish needs and likes.
You think no one should play multiplayer games. You think no one should use
an Apple computer (the alternative to Microsoft). You think no one should
use a console even though consoles and PC gaming have happily existed for
years. You want everyone to list all the games they have purchased every
month when you won't list the games you have purchased. You can hate steam
all you want, but most of the claims you have made against it a preposterous
(you once claimed all levels would be streamed through the internet despite
how expensive and difficult it would be). I am not a pirate and have never
pirated a game, yet you call me one because I don't agree with you. You have
no place to complain how others treat you when you in fact started the
attacks on everyone. You want people to go back to talking about games,
leave again. The group actually talked about games during your brief
disappearance because you wasn't around to hijack threads on an off-topic
steam rant.
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 12:33:55 AM

"turk" <turk96@comcast.net> wrote:
><arcanastream@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> So here's the problem PC gamers like me will soon face -- do we buy a
>> $400 video card to play Quake IV on an aging PC, or do we buy a $300
>> Xbox 360 which will effectively have that same card (and a lot more) in
>> it already?
>
>No, they aren't the same. Here's the problem you really mean: money. I'll
>stick with my PC and pay the difference. The new X-Box 360 when it is
>released in a year or 6 months or whatever will still be trashed by the PC I
>have sitting right in front of me right now.
>
>And hey, I do love my Gamecube (RE4 was awesome!!!), but I'd be stupid to
>think my PC couldn't outperform it. No reason you shouldn't be happy if
>mommy and daddy won't kick out the bucks for a killer PC rig, though.
>You're X-Box 360 will do fine.

But with games being codeveloped for PC and X-Box it won't matter if
your PC can outperform a console because games won't take advantage of
it.
      • 1
      • 2 / 2
!