sending e-mail from V600

Last response: in Brands
Share
June 10, 2004 3:46:36 PM

Is anyone sent successfully e-mail from v600? I don't have any problem with
receiving mails.

First, when I try to send e-mail, phone connects to SMTP server
successfully. But when it try to sends e-mail the "server not available" is
shown. I tried with different SMTP servers but always the same.

More about : sending mail v600

Anonymous
June 10, 2004 5:56:09 PM

Works ok for me on O2
"Robert" <kuhar@(makni)hi.htnet.hr> wrote in message
> Is anyone sent successfully e-mail from v600? I don't have any problem
with
> receiving mails.
>
> First, when I try to send e-mail, phone connects to SMTP server
> successfully. But when it try to sends e-mail the "server not available"
is
> shown. I tried with different SMTP servers but always the same.

Anonymous
June 10, 2004 9:24:49 PM

"Robert" <kuhar@(makni)hi.htnet.hr> wrote in message
> Is anyone sent successfully e-mail from v600? I don't have any problem
with
> receiving mails.

You send from the O2 smtp server not your own ISP
Related resources
June 11, 2004 4:34:18 AM

O2 is your operator? I don't think that my operator have SMTP server for
that use. They suggested me that I use mms for sending mails but each mms
cost 1 Euro. In the other hand, 100 KB data traffic cost the same, but I can
send up to 50 mails with 100 KB. I just wondered if this feature works on
v600.

When I use e-mail client on my PDA, I can send e-mails via my ISP with no
problem.

"Avanti" <martin.collins@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> "Robert" <kuhar@(makni)hi.htnet.hr> wrote in message
> > Is anyone sent successfully e-mail from v600? I don't have any problem
> with
> > receiving mails.
>
> You send from the O2 smtp server not your own ISP

Anonymous
June 11, 2004 8:27:38 AM

> O2 is your operator? I don't think that my operator have SMTP server for
> that use.

Who is your network operator?

They suggested me that I use mms for sending mails but each mms
> cost 1 Euro. In the other hand, 100 KB data traffic cost the same, but I
can
> send up to 50 mails with 100 KB. I just wondered if this feature works on
> v600.
>
> When I use e-mail client on my PDA, I can send e-mails via my ISP with no
> problem.
>

> "Avanti" <martin.collins@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Robert" <kuhar@(makni)hi.htnet.hr> wrote in message
> > > Is anyone sent successfully e-mail from v600? I don't have any problem
> > with
> > > receiving mails.
> >
> > You send from the O2 smtp server not your own ISP

June 11, 2004 1:52:43 PM

HTMobile.

> "Robert" <kuhar@(makni)hi.htnet.hr> wrote in message
> > O2 is your operator? I don't think that my operator have SMTP server for
> > that use.
>
> Who is your network operator?
>

> They suggested me that I use mms for sending mails but each mms
> > cost 1 Euro. In the other hand, 100 KB data traffic cost the same, but I
> can
> > send up to 50 mails with 100 KB. I just wondered if this feature works
on
> > v600.
> >
> > When I use e-mail client on my PDA, I can send e-mails via my ISP with
no
> > problem.
> >

> > "Avanti" <martin.collins@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Robert" <kuhar@(makni)hi.htnet.hr> wrote in message
> > > with
> > >
> > > You send from the O2 smtp server not your own ISP

June 12, 2004 2:29:38 AM

"Robert" <kuhar@(makni)hi.htnet.hr> wrote in message
> Is anyone sent successfully e-mail from v600? I don't have any problem
with
> receiving mails.
>
> First, when I try to send e-mail, phone connects to SMTP server
> successfully. But when it try to sends e-mail the "server not available"
is
> shown. I tried with different SMTP servers but always the same.

Which SMTP server are you using? Your service provider will probably allow
only one nominated server. Check their help site.
Anonymous
June 16, 2004 12:27:25 PM

I have the same prob, US - ATT. I work for an ISP and know it isn't an
issue w/ the mail server I am using, but not sure if ATT has a server the
require us to use - if that was the case they should have programmed it into
the phone when they crammed there lame welcome screens logo's on the phone.
"Jim" <no-one@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:40ca2932$1_5@127.0.0.1...
> "Robert" <kuhar@(makni)hi.htnet.hr> wrote in message
> > Is anyone sent successfully e-mail from v600? I don't have any problem
> with
> > receiving mails.
> >
> > First, when I try to send e-mail, phone connects to SMTP server
> > successfully. But when it try to sends e-mail the "server not available"
> is
> > shown. I tried with different SMTP servers but always the same.
> >
> Which SMTP server are you using? Your service provider will probably
allow
> only one nominated server. Check their help site.

June 16, 2004 11:35:03 PM

"Minium" <minium@inreach.com> wrote in message
> I have the same prob, US - ATT. I work for an ISP and know it isn't an
> issue w/ the mail server I am using, but not sure if ATT has a server the
> require us to use - if that was the case they should have programmed it
into
> the phone when they crammed there lame welcome screens logo's on the
phone.
<<snip>>
Possibly smtp.attwireless.net
or try