Uninstall McAfee Part 2

OK people I went to the McAfee website and watched the video on how to uninstall. I have the following questions. The video is not yet updated for Windows 7 or for their 2010 edition. Will the instructions for VIsta work for Windows 7 and the 2010 edition? They also what you to activate it first, because they claim you may loose your registration number if you don't, but since I don't care does it effect a complete removal if I don't do that? Some have said to just download and use the MCPR.exe removal tool, but McAfee says to remove the program first using the add/remove program and then download and use their removal tool after. Which way is best, remove it with just the tool or remove it using add/remove program and then the tool. Any help is much appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about uninstall mcafee part
  1. uninstall first. then run tool to clean the leftover fragments.then run ccleaner,its free and will tidy up both uninstalls.run the registry cleaner in ccleaner!
  2. I have just downloaded MCPR.exe and ran it.It has done clean swipe.
    If McAfee says to remove the program first using the add/remove program and then download and use their removal tool after means do like that to be on safer side!
  3. If you want your Mc Afee to be installed in future, activate it, by creating an user account! But once you activate it your subscription period starts.
    If you don't want mcafee! just go and swipe! that's all!
Ask a new question

Read More

Security McAfee Video Windows 7