Sign in with
Your question

Stop Windows from restarting

Last response: in Windows 7
April 28, 2012 11:28:31 PM

Hello,
There's a multiseat software on my computer, that's a trial edition (friendlyseats). It's a perfect free edition... except for the fact it restarts the computer every 30mins or so... is there a way to prevent all programs from restarting my computer?

Thanks,
Sam
April 28, 2012 11:44:28 PM

try uninstalling the software and see how it goes
m
l
May 6, 2012 12:45:27 AM

That wouldn't help since the program is programmed to automatically restart if it's not activated. It's not a glitch, I just want a method of not allowing FriendSeats (the programs(s)) not have access to shutdown/ restart commands...
m
l
Related resources
May 6, 2012 1:08:29 AM

is this the program thing?
m
l
May 6, 2012 2:29:37 PM

No...

It's FRIENDLYSEATS....

I need help from someone who knows programming....
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 9, 2012 1:03:28 PM

samhuang1999 said:
I need help from someone who knows programming....

I hope that you didn't mean that to be as rude as it came out.

Have you gone to the Friendlyseats site? The way to stop the reboot after every thirty minutes is to buy the paid version. "programming" around this would be against the forum rules, and probably illegal.

For the free version, their website says "** The maximum continuous (without restarting Windows) computer work time in multiuser/multiseat mode is limited to 30 minutes."
m
l
May 9, 2012 8:03:17 PM

WyomingKnott said:
I hope that you didn't mean that to be as rude as it came out.

Have you gone to the Friendlyseats site? The way to stop the reboot after every thirty minutes is to buy the paid version. "programming" around this would be against the forum rules, and probably illegal.

For the free version, their website says "** The maximum continuous (without restarting Windows) computer work time in multiuser/multiseat mode is limited to 30 minutes."

Lol about the rudeness, sorry about how it sounded :/ .......

and I just need a way to prevent any programs from restarting windows, such as updates, those auto-restart installers, etc...
m
l
May 9, 2012 8:31:39 PM

what type of windows is it? ex: home premium, professional, etc...
m
l
May 9, 2012 9:36:12 PM

lookerup said:
what type of windows is it? ex: home premium, professional, etc...

I don't see why that would matter... but ok,

It's Windows XP Professional SP3

:)  Thanks for the help
m
l
May 12, 2012 5:00:04 AM

what you need is windows 7 multi point . It's enable the computer to let the monitor an individual use. Like one monitor can go on youtube and another can do something else.
m
l
May 12, 2012 2:12:50 PM

I know about Windows Multipoint, BUT:

1. It's about $20 per seat

2. It's only 64 bit.

3. Does not support OpenGL...

If there was a free product like multipoint....

That's Windows based, unlike Userful..

Thanks,
Sam
m
l
May 12, 2012 2:14:52 PM

lookerup said:
what you need is windows 7 multi point . It's enable the computer to let the monitor an individual use. Like one monitor can go on youtube and another can do something else.

And just a small correction:

I don't think it's WIndows 7 Multipoint,

It's Just Windows Multipoint Server 2011 (or 2010)

m
l
May 12, 2012 5:41:16 PM

well i just assumed it was either 7 or vista from the interface from the video i linked you. well the only solution i can give is upgrading to mulitpoint.
m
l
!