Uh oh, rear speaker jack dead?

jmsilver

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2002
Hi,
I have an SBLive! Value in my computer. The main output works fine. The rear output, however, seems not to be outputting. I just got 4.1 speaker system so I don't know how long this has been a problem. I have done setup in AudioHQ for 4 speakers. No dice.
Does anyone know if there's some kind of setting or trick that I'm missing, or am I in for buying an Audigy? Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, OS is Windows XP.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
d00d, I gave up on mine when that happened. Oh, a reistall of Windows and the driver made it work again for a while. It's definately a software issue.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

jmsilver

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2002
Thanks. Windows is newly installed. I could try reinstalling the driver, but it sounds like if it's a software issue then replacing the card won't do it or isn't necessary, right?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Right, I never figured out how to fix it, I just kept messing with it until it worked.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

That card always was a problem it takes two IRQs, it was a royal pain in the but, my best results were to move the card as far from the video card as possible, and definitely not in PCI slot 2.

TRENDING THREADS