V600 on O2 UK

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
June 11, 2004 10:05:50 PM

Can anyone help ?

Just got a new V600 and am trying to send MMS's via my provider O2 in the UK
without success.

Their web site just talks about O2 Active, but been there and it does not
seem to be the right sort of thing and is telling me I have no galleries or
something.
Their customer services is now closed.

Anyone give me a clue how to send a picture from my phone to someone elses
via MMS ?

When I try to send a pic it hangs for a while and seems to be trying to send
it, but then reports Unable to Send.

Cheers

Lofty

More about : v600

Anonymous
June 12, 2004 1:10:02 AM

Sounds like you need to ensure your MMS settings are correct (in
websessions), best way to be sure is to use motorolas auto-setup tools
here - https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/hellomoto/defau...
Sorted mine a treat!!

Lee

"Lofty" <paulloft@btconnect.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help ?
>
> Just got a new V600 and am trying to send MMS's via my provider O2 in the
UK
> without success.
>
> Their web site just talks about O2 Active, but been there and it does not
> seem to be the right sort of thing and is telling me I have no galleries
or
> something.
> Their customer services is now closed.
>
> Anyone give me a clue how to send a picture from my phone to someone elses
> via MMS ?
>
> When I try to send a pic it hangs for a while and seems to be trying to
send
> it, but then reports Unable to Send.
>
> Cheers
>
> Lofty

Anonymous
June 12, 2004 1:25:47 AM

Thanks Nibbles, I will take a look.

Forgot to mention that I can send an MMS message to my own number OK and it
appears on the phone just fine a few minutes later.

However when I try to send to my friend's T720i or Nokia, it sits there
saying Sending for ages and then tells me Error, Message not sent.

Lofty

"Nibbles" <lee@hypermediacreations.com> wrote in message
> Sounds like you need to ensure your MMS settings are correct (in
> websessions), best way to be sure is to use motorolas auto-setup tools
> here - https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/hellomoto/defau...
> Sorted mine a treat!!
>
> Lee
>

> "Lofty" <paulloft@btconnect.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone help ?
> >
> > Just got a new V600 and am trying to send MMS's via my provider O2 in
the
> UK
> > without success.
> >
> > Their web site just talks about O2 Active, but been there and it does
not
> > seem to be the right sort of thing and is telling me I have no galleries
> or
> > something.
> > Their customer services is now closed.
> >
> > Anyone give me a clue how to send a picture from my phone to someone
elses
> > via MMS ?
> >
> > When I try to send a pic it hangs for a while and seems to be trying to
> send
> > it, but then reports Unable to Send.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Lofty

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 12, 2004 2:46:55 AM

I am with Rogers, and I had to call them up and they sent me an Update which
allowed me to send and receive
"Lofty" <paulloft@btconnect.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help ?
>
> Just got a new V600 and am trying to send MMS's via my provider O2 in the
UK
> without success.
>
> Their web site just talks about O2 Active, but been there and it does not
> seem to be the right sort of thing and is telling me I have no galleries
or
> something.
> Their customer services is now closed.
>
> Anyone give me a clue how to send a picture from my phone to someone elses
> via MMS ?
>
> When I try to send a pic it hangs for a while and seems to be trying to
send
> it, but then reports Unable to Send.
>
> Cheers
>
> Lofty

Anonymous
June 12, 2004 12:35:43 PM

Cheers, I have sent O2 an e-mail.

I got the download from Moto as Nibbles recommended and installed it. I can
now send a message to my sisters Nokia on vodafone but it doesn't arrive,
and I still cannot send to my Brothers T720i on O2.

Ah well. Whoever said technology was easy.

Now if I was a 15 year old I would be able to do it with my eyes closed :-)

Lofty

"Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message
> I am with Rogers, and I had to call them up and they sent me an Update
which
> allowed me to send and receive
> "Lofty" <paulloft@btconnect.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone help ?
> >
> > Just got a new V600 and am trying to send MMS's via my provider O2 in
the
> UK
> > without success.
> >
> > Their web site just talks about O2 Active, but been there and it does
not
> > seem to be the right sort of thing and is telling me I have no galleries
> or
> > something.
> > Their customer services is now closed.
> >
> > Anyone give me a clue how to send a picture from my phone to someone
elses
> > via MMS ?
> >
> > When I try to send a pic it hangs for a while and seems to be trying to
> send
> > it, but then reports Unable to Send.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Lofty

Anonymous
June 12, 2004 4:53:56 PM

Hi, here are the O2 settings for you to check:

Below are the Siemens MC60 MMS Settings Prepay & Postpay

You need to set up GPRS before setting up MMS!

Menu
Messages
Msg. Setup
MMS

Select a Profile and press ‘Options’ and ‘Rename’
Name the profile ‘O2 MMS’
Press OK

Select the O2 MMS Profile and press ‘Options’ and ‘Change Sett.’

Expiry Time: Maximum
Def. Priority: Normal
Def. Duration: 005.0 seconds
Retrieval: Automatic
MMS Relatysrv: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
IP Settings: IP Address: 193.113.200.195
Port: 9201
2nd Address: 000.000.000.000
2nd Port: 9201
Conn. Profile: Select the GPRS Profile you have created

and

Below are the Siemens MC60 GSM & GPRS WAP Settings Prepay

Select Menu
Select Surf & Fun / O2
If it starts connecting press the ‘End Call’ key
Select Internet
Select Profiles
Select either an Empty profile or edit an existing one
Rename the profile name to O2 WAP (NB: the space is on the number 1
key) and amend the following:

IP Address = 193.113.200.195 Note the . is automatically inserted
Port = 9201 this should be the default
Homepage = http://wap.o2.co.uk NOTE: the http:// is already there and
the. can be found on the 0 key
GPRS Lingertime = leave at 5 Minutes
CSD Lingertime = set to 120 Seconds
Conn.Profile = select Edit and then select an empty profile
Scroll to edit at the bottom left of the screen and press select
Rename the empty profile to O2 WAP
Scroll down to CSD Settings and press Edit
Enter +447712927927
Call type = leave at ISDN
Login name = o2wap
Password = password
Press Save
Scroll down and select GPRS Settings and enter the following:
Activated: YES
APN: payandgo.o2.co.uk (NOTE: the (.) DOT is found on the zero key)
Username: payandgo
Password: password
Press Save
Press Save again
Press Save again

You should now see a new profile called O2 WAP, highlight it and press
select to activate it
Now press the red phone key 4 times and goto Setup->Connectivity->GPRS
Make sure this is ticked – if not press ‘Change’ and select Yes

Now press the red key 2 times
Scroll to Surf & Fun / O2 and select
Select Internet
Select Homepage

Hope this helps you
Chris C

> Thanks Nibbles, I will take a look.
>
> Forgot to mention that I can send an MMS message to my own number OK and
it
> appears on the phone just fine a few minutes later.
>
> However when I try to send to my friend's T720i or Nokia, it sits there
> saying Sending for ages and then tells me Error, Message not sent.
>
> Lofty
>
> "Nibbles" <lee@hypermediacreations.com> wrote in message
> > Sounds like you need to ensure your MMS settings are correct (in
> > websessions), best way to be sure is to use motorolas auto-setup tools
> > here - https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/hellomoto/defau...
> > Sorted mine a treat!!
> >
> > Lee
> >

> > "Lofty" <paulloft@btconnect.com> wrote in message
> > > Can anyone help ?
> > >
> > > Just got a new V600 and am trying to send MMS's via my provider O2 in
> the
> > UK
> > > without success.
> > >
> > > Their web site just talks about O2 Active, but been there and it does
> not
> > > seem to be the right sort of thing and is telling me I have no
galleries
> > or
> > > something.
> > > Their customer services is now closed.
> > >
> > > Anyone give me a clue how to send a picture from my phone to someone
> elses
> > > via MMS ?
> > >
> > > When I try to send a pic it hangs for a while and seems to be trying
> > send
> > > it, but then reports Unable to Send.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > >
> > > Lofty

Anonymous
June 12, 2004 9:42:56 PM

Many thanks Chris.

I am progressing - sort of.

Messages sent to my sisters Nokia on Vodafone are sort of being received.
She is getting a message to say I have sent a picture and to log onto a web
site to retrieve it.

Is cross network MMS possible ?

On the other one, my Brother's T720i is still no good, my phone reports
Error: Message not sent.

Many thanks for the settings.

Lofty

"Chris Catt" <notknown@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>
> Now press the red key 2 times
> Scroll to Surf & Fun / O2 and select
> Select Internet
> Select Homepage
>

> Hope this helps you
> Chris C
>
> "Lofty" <paulloft@btconnect.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Nibbles, I will take a look.
> >
> > Forgot to mention that I can send an MMS message to my own number OK and
> it
> > appears on the phone just fine a few minutes later.
> >
> > However when I try to send to my friend's T720i or Nokia, it sits there
> > saying Sending for ages and then tells me Error, Message not sent.
> >
> > Lofty
> >
> > "Nibbles" <lee@hypermediacreations.com> wrote in message
> > > Sounds like you need to ensure your MMS settings are correct (in
> > > websessions), best way to be sure is to use motorolas auto-setup tools

June 13, 2004 4:05:53 AM

Well if you are sending a pic to a different provider, or to a cell that
does not support picture messaging, that's all they will likely get, a link
to a website so they can still view it.

> [...]
> > select to activate it
> > Now press the red phone key 4 times and goto
> Setup->Connectivity->GPRS
> > Make sure this is ticked - if not press 'Change' and select Yes
> >
> > Now press the red key 2 times
> > Scroll to Surf & Fun / O2 and select
> > Select Internet
> > Select Homepage
> >

> > Hope this helps you
> > Chris C
> >
> > "Lofty" <paulloft@btconnect.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks Nibbles, I will take a look.
> > >
> > > Forgot to mention that I can send an MMS message to my own number OK
and
> > it
> > > appears on the phone just fine a few minutes later.
> > >
> > > However when I try to send to my friend's T720i or Nokia, it sits
there
> > > saying Sending for ages and then tells me Error, Message not sent.

Anonymous
June 13, 2004 5:54:36 AM

As anybody says, if your sisters phone is not set up correctly for receiving
MMS, then maybe the problem lies with her phone? (Sounds probable). Can she
receive MMS from others? Also when I first set up my T-Mobile (UK) phone,
had to send a MMS before I could receive one - after the feature had been
enabled by T-Mobile! (was on Sony EriccsonT300).

Like I say, works a charm using the settings sent from the site I quoted.

If you send me yr no# via email Lofty, I will try sending you an MMS to test
if you like? Or vice versa.

My email is as per reply address, but a UK domain not a .com!

Lee

> [...]
> > > Enter +447712927927
> > > Call type = leave at ISDN
> > > Login name = o2wap
> > > Password = password
> > > Press Save
> > > Scroll down and select GPRS Settings and enter the following:
> > > Activated: YES
> > > APN: payandgo.o2.co.uk (NOTE: the (.) DOT is found on the zero
> key)
> > > Username: payandgo
> > > Password: password
> > > Press Save
> > > Press Save again
> > > Press Save again
> > >
> > > You should now see a new profile called O2 WAP, highlight it and
> > press
> > > select to activate it
> > > Now press the red phone key 4 times and goto
> > Setup->Connectivity->GPRS
> > > Make sure this is ticked - if not press 'Change' and select Yes

Anonymous
June 13, 2004 1:44:54 PM

Ah, right, so cross network picture messaging is not possible ?

That would explain the result I am getting.

The networks sure keep quiet about that one in their advrtising don't they ?

Thanks for that, I will stop trying to send pictures across networks and
concentrate on getting things to work with my Brother's T720i on the same
network.

> [...]

> > > Enter +447712927927
> > > Call type = leave at ISDN
> > > Login name = o2wap
> > > Password = password
> > > Press Save
> > > Scroll down and select GPRS Settings and enter the following:
> > > Activated: YES
> > > APN: payandgo.o2.co.uk (NOTE: the (.) DOT is found on the zero
> key)
> > > Username: payandgo
> > > Password: password
> > > Press Save
> > > Press Save again
> > > Press Save again
> > >
> > > You should now see a new profile called O2 WAP, highlight it and
> > press
> > > select to activate it
> > > Now press the red phone key 4 times and goto
> > Setup->Connectivity->GPRS
> > > Make sure this is ticked - if not press 'Change' and select Yes

Anonymous
June 13, 2004 3:05:35 PM

Hi, I can send MMS messages from T-Mobile to a O2 phone ok, however I sent
them as a slideshow....
Chris C
> Ah, right, so cross network picture messaging is not possible ?
>
> That would explain the result I am getting.
>
> The networks sure keep quiet about that one in their advrtising don't they
?

> Thanks for that, I will stop trying to send pictures across networks and
> concentrate on getting things to work with my Brother's T720i on the same
> network.
>
> Lofty
>
> "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message
> > Well if you are sending a pic to a different provider, or to a cell that
> > does not support picture messaging, that's all they will likely get, a
> link
> > to a website so they can still view it.
> >
> > "Lofty" <paulloft@btconnect.com> wrote in message
> > > Many thanks Chris.
> > >
> > > I am progressing - sort of.
> > >
> > > Messages sent to my sisters Nokia on Vodafone are sort of being
> received.
> > > She is getting a message to say I have sent a picture and to log onto
> > web
> > > site to retrieve it.
> > >
> > > Is cross network MMS possible ?
> > >
> > > On the other one, my Brother's T720i is still no good, my phone
reports
> > > Error: Message not sent.
> > >
> > > Many thanks for the settings.
> > >
> > > Lofty
> > >

> > > "Chris Catt" <notknown@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Sett.'

> number
> > 1

> inserted
> there
> > > and
> > key)

> > > press
> > > Setup->Connectivity->GPRS
Yes

OK
> > and

> > there

> > tools
> https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/hellomoto/defau...

> O2
> > > in

> > > does

> > someone

> > trying

Anonymous
June 13, 2004 3:06:34 PM

Ah, right I will try that.

Appreciate all the help I am getting on this.

> Hi, I can send MMS messages from T-Mobile to a O2 phone ok, however I sent
> them as a slideshow....
> Chris C
> "Lofty" <paulloft@btconnect.com> wrote in message
> > Ah, right, so cross network picture messaging is not possible ?
> >
> > That would explain the result I am getting.
> >
> > The networks sure keep quiet about that one in their advrtising don't
they
> ?
> >
> > Thanks for that, I will stop trying to send pictures across networks and
> > concentrate on getting things to work with my Brother's T720i on the
same
> > network.
> >
> > Lofty
> >
> > "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message
> > > Well if you are sending a pic to a different provider, or to a cell
that
> > > does not support picture messaging, that's all they will likely get, a
> > link
> > > to a website so they can still view it.
> > >
> > > "Lofty" <paulloft@btconnect.com> wrote in message

> > received.
> > > web

> reports

> Sett.'

> > number
> > > 1

> > inserted
> > there
> select
> > > key)

> and
> Yes

> OK
> > > and

> > > there

> > > tools
> > https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/hellomoto/defau...

> provider
> > O2

> it

> > > someone

> > > trying

Anonymous
June 13, 2004 5:01:26 PM

Perfect, sent as a slide show to the T720i and it worked perfectly.

Many thanks.

"Chris Catt" <notknown@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I can send MMS messages from T-Mobile to a O2 phone ok, however I sent
> them as a slideshow....
> Chris C
> "Lofty" <paulloft@btconnect.com> wrote in message
> > Ah, right, so cross network picture messaging is not possible ?
> >
> > That would explain the result I am getting.
> >
> > The networks sure keep quiet about that one in their advrtising don't
they
> ?
> >
> > Thanks for that, I will stop trying to send pictures across networks and
> > concentrate on getting things to work with my Brother's T720i on the
same
> > network.
> >
> > Lofty
> >
> > "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message
> > > Well if you are sending a pic to a different provider, or to a cell
that
> > > does not support picture messaging, that's all they will likely get, a
> > link
> > > to a website so they can still view it.
> > >
> > > "Lofty" <paulloft@btconnect.com> wrote in message

> > received.
> > > web

> reports

> Sett.'

> > number
> > > 1

> > inserted
> > there
> select
> > > key)

> and
> Yes

> OK
> > > and

> > > there

> > > tools
> > https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/hellomoto/defau...

> provider
> > O2

> it

> > > someone

> > > trying

Anonymous
June 13, 2004 7:31:04 PM

YW
Chris C
> Perfect, sent as a slide show to the T720i and it worked perfectly.
>
> Many thanks.
>

> "Chris Catt" <notknown@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I can send MMS messages from T-Mobile to a O2 phone ok, however I
sent
> > them as a slideshow....
> > Chris C
> > "Lofty" <paulloft@btconnect.com> wrote in message
> > > Ah, right, so cross network picture messaging is not possible ?
> > >
> > > That would explain the result I am getting.
> > >
> > > The networks sure keep quiet about that one in their advrtising don't
> they
> > ?
> > >
> > > Thanks for that, I will stop trying to send pictures across networks
and
> > > concentrate on getting things to work with my Brother's T720i on the
> same
> > > network.
> > >
> > > Lofty
> > >
> > > "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message
> that
> > > link

> > > received.
> onto

> > reports

> > Sett.'

> > > number

> > > inserted
> > > there
> > select
> following:
> zero

> > and
> > Yes

> number
> > OK

> sits
> sent.

> (in
> auto-setup
> > > https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/hellomoto/defau...

> > provider
> > > O2

> and
> > it
> no

> be

June 14, 2004 1:54:40 AM

No Didn't say it was not possible, just not likely, depends on the
providers.

!