Share internet from WIFI to LAN in afghanistan Sniperhill

diazwhiskey

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Hello,

I am a Soldier currently deployed to Afghanistan. I am using the only ISP available called Sniperhill. This ISP requires a web based username and password to access your account. Only WIFi access is available at my living area.

I would like to share my WIFi connection out of the LAN port of my computer to my router in order to connect my other devices such as phone and second computer.

I have my connection shared to my router out of my LAN port. I activated sharing on my MacBook Pro and connected a cat 5 cable from my LAN port to the WAN port on the router. When I connect other computers to the router port they should work but I am getting nothing. What I am doing wrong?

I have tried connecting my dual Wlan windows computer to the wifi so I can have the connection going in to one of the cards and out the other to my Mac using connectifyme but the Mac comes up with the web based logon screen and will not let me use the internet even when I am already logged on to the first computer.

MP135_S_M_C

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Diaz,

My wife is currently deployed there and we are having the same problem. I set her up with connectify on her laptop so that she could share the connection with her iPhone enabling her to use it to Skype call and use her iPhone in her quarters. I wanted to know if you found a work around to connect additional items to this, from what I can tell is a money grubbing internet they force us to purchase for outragous amounts and then limit technology. I'm glad I'm not there trying to use my xBox or Playstation online.......I think i would go crazy. Thanks for your service and any info you can provide.