Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Boiling Point

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 2:39:08 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Anyone got this one then? Haven't seen any reviews yet...

More about : boiling point

Anonymous
May 21, 2005 7:07:35 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Jamie_Manic wrote:

> Anyone got this one then? Haven't seen any reviews yet...

The PHP-forums are full of people saying the game is extremely bugged
(floating stuff that shouldn't float; bad FPS on high-end systems, no
matter what detail level is set). Seems like the game needs some serious
patching. I'm going to wait a month or two before buying.

Dennis
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 7:07:36 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Dennis Schamne" <schamne@despammed.com> wrote in message
news:g8sspij38vyp$.dlg@schamne.myfqdn.de...
> Jamie_Manic wrote:
>
> > Anyone got this one then? Haven't seen any reviews yet...
>
> The PHP-forums are full of people saying the game is extremely bugged
> (floating stuff that shouldn't float; bad FPS on high-end systems, no
> matter what detail level is set). Seems like the game needs some serious
> patching. I'm going to wait a month or two before buying.
>
> Dennis

link to forums?
Related resources
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 4:53:52 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

x-no-archive: yes

GFree wrote:

<snip>

what you call sad others would call it heroic
i consider it a sacrifice for the love i have for pc games
probably only future generations will apreciate the fight me
and other pc gamers are doing against evil valve

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 11:20:41 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1117012433.924508.78510@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>
>
> steamKILLER wrote:
>>
>>
>> Sam Jones wrote:
>>
>> > Which games? And while we're on the subject, how is it that
>>
>> i disclosed them in another thread so if you really want to
>> know just check it
>
> Be quick though, because his posts aren't archived.
>
>

. starlancer (xplosiv)
.. freelancer (xplosiv)
.. need for speed underground (ea classics)
.. half-life (best seller)

what were the other 36? The post I remeber that saynotosteam said he had
bought 40 games.
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 11:27:29 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Les Steel" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in message
news:3fjtvjF87t10U1@individual.net...
>
> "Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1117012433.924508.78510@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>>
>>
>> steamKILLER wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> Sam Jones wrote:
>>>
>>> > Which games? And while we're on the subject, how is it that
>>>
>>> i disclosed them in another thread so if you really want to
>>> know just check it
>>
>> Be quick though, because his posts aren't archived.
>>
>>
>
> . starlancer (xplosiv)
> . freelancer (xplosiv)
> . need for speed underground (ea classics)
> . half-life (best seller)
>
> what were the other 36? The post I remeber that saynotosteam said he had
> bought 40 games.
>

Bloody hell what did I type there!? It should read:
"The last time I remember saynotosteam posting about game purchases, he said
he had bought 40 games."

I don't remember an update on that figure, just that he never responded to
any request to name that 40.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 4:18:53 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

x-no-archive: yes

Les Steel wrote:

yes i understand... anything... any kind of worthless subject
to run away from the main issue... valve and steam
no sir i will not let you or others make this group lose focus
on all the real problems in pc games!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 1:33:46 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> writes:

> i personally have already bought all pc games for this
> month (total 4) so i'll have to buy boiling point in june
> or july

I'm writing a PC exclusive game right now. You can pre-order it
for $500...

Nick

--
# sigmask (lambda deprecation version) 20041028 || feed this to a python
print ''.join([chr(ord(x)-1) for x in 'Ojdl!Wbshjti!=ojdlAwbshjti/psh?'])
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 2:31:57 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Nick Vargish wrote:
> "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > i personally have already bought all pc games for this
> > month (total 4) so i'll have to buy boiling point in june
> > or july
>
> I'm writing a PC exclusive game right now. You can pre-order it
> for $500...

I wrote a great prog for the Spectrum. You watched a little @ sign move
across the screen. it was called "The Amazing Adventures of PacMan". No
gameplay. You literally just watched the character beep his way across
the screen. We made cliffs for him to "fall" down, bridges to cross
chasms, water to swim through etc; maybe 30 screens all lovingly
sketched with other letters or symbols (very l337) or straight lines.
It's never been near a console, so if I rewrite it for the PC and put
it in a box it should go straight to the top of someone's Must Buy
list.
May 26, 2005 7:31:26 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Thu, 26 May 2005 16:25:54 +0100, "Les Steel" <a@aolnot.com> wrote:

>Our problem is we have a PC game advocate, who doesn't buy full price games
>yet claims he does, but won't name them. When this person is asked to name
>them, the fool rants about unrelated issues.

Just killfile him like most of the rest of us have, he has all the
comprehension skills of a walnut, it is a waste of time trying to
explain any of the myriad of things he is clueless about.
--
Andrew, contact via interpleb.blogspot.com
Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards,
please don't top post. Trim replies to quote only relevant text.
Check groups.google.com before asking an obvious question.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 9:03:41 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Andrew wrote:

> Just killfile him like most of the rest of us have, he has all the
> comprehension skills of a walnut, it is a waste of time trying to
> explain any of the myriad of things he is clueless about.

I don't know, you're missing some funny stuff. He now calls you the "demo
man".
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 4:59:52 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

x-no-archive: yes

Chadwick wrote:

<snip>

that's the most absorb excuse... needing to finish a title to be
able to buy another...
is your wife behind this? does she force you to finish every pc
game so you can buy another?
its like when we were children and your mommy forced you to end
the soup cause otherwise you had no desert!

chadwick you and demo man stop immediately all the excuses to not
buy pc games cause they are becoming preposterous and a mocking
to this group and us all!
buy pc games period!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 8:18:40 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

steamKILLER wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Chadwick wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> that's the most absorb excuse... needing to finish a title to be
> able to buy another...
> is your wife behind this? does she force you to finish every pc
> game so you can buy another?
> its like when we were children and your mommy forced you to end
> the soup cause otherwise you had no desert!
>
> chadwick you and demo man stop immediately all the excuses to not
> buy pc games cause they are becoming preposterous and a mocking
> to this group and us all!
> buy pc games period!

I am not Zaphod Beeblebrox, so can physically play only 1 game at a
time. I also prefer to stick with 1 game and not switch between
several. I like to finish them, it makes me feel I have achieved
something.

I could go out and buy loads of new games. But what's the point if I'm
not going to play them for ages? I'm not a collector like you - I enjoy
playing the games, not looking at the boxes.

Also, by waiting to buy games when I need them, sometimes they are
reduced in price, or a patch has been released to improve them, or
there is better packaging available. That is not the reason why I buy
games when do, but it is a nice bonus.

What is your reason for not buying Boiling Point? Does your mother only
allow you to buy 4 games each month? Perhaps you should explain that
there is a war on and that only you can save the world by buying every
PC game.
May 27, 2005 10:28:41 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Thu, 26 May 2005 17:03:41 -0600, "Hank the Rapper"
<xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote:

>I don't know, you're missing some funny stuff. He now calls you the "demo
>man".

I know because of the people who quote him. Unfortunately I am on the
verge of killfiling the few people who now respond to him, not because
they aren't good posters, but I am just so sick of having to see
DiF***wits messages.
--
Andrew, contact via interpleb.blogspot.com
Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards,
please don't top post. Trim replies to quote only relevant text.
Check groups.google.com before asking an obvious question.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 2:56:49 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:-P6dnaPut5VMxgvfRVn-1Q@giganews.com...
> Andrew wrote:
>
> > Just killfile him like most of the rest of us have, he has all the
> > comprehension skills of a walnut, it is a waste of time trying to
> > explain any of the myriad of things he is clueless about.
>
> I don't know, you're missing some funny stuff. He now calls you the "demo
> man".

Apparently, he's now championing dial-up internet access as the connectivity
of the TRUE PC gamer, on the basis that broadband makes it easier to pirate
games. He should have his own TV show.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 8:05:33 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Sam Jones" <sam.j.jones@spamnull.logicacmg.com> looked up from reading
the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the
signs say:

>
>"Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:-P6dnaPut5VMxgvfRVn-1Q@giganews.com...
>> Andrew wrote:
>>
>> > Just killfile him like most of the rest of us have, he has all the
>> > comprehension skills of a walnut, it is a waste of time trying to
>> > explain any of the myriad of things he is clueless about.
>>
>> I don't know, you're missing some funny stuff. He now calls you the "demo
>> man".
>
>Apparently, he's now championing dial-up internet access as the connectivity
>of the TRUE PC gamer, on the basis that broadband makes it easier to pirate
>games. He should have his own TV show.

Not even Weird AL's UHF would put that loon on the air.

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 4:48:43 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

x-no-archive: yes

Chadwick wrote:

<snip>

a true pc gamer is a "complete" one
and you mr chadwick i'm afraid to say fall very short of
being a true pc gamer cause of your narrow experience with
pc games
you don't collect pc games
you don't appreciate good packagings
you don't get pleasure from the simple act of buying pc games
you don't promote protect and support pc games

basically your pc game experience is playing a single game
each time, and in certain occasions that title wasn't even
bought by you but a gift... so no mr chadwick, its very
clear now... you are not a "true" pc gamer
like i say... there is no "magic" in you
probably you have that "magic" in photography or women but
with pc games for sure you don't!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam
!