Boiling Point

Anyone got this one then? Haven't seen any reviews yet...
17 answers Last reply
More about boiling point

    Jamie_Manic wrote:

    > Anyone got this one then? Haven't seen any reviews yet...

    The PHP-forums are full of people saying the game is extremely bugged
    (floating stuff that shouldn't float; bad FPS on high-end systems, no
    matter what detail level is set). Seems like the game needs some serious
    patching. I'm going to wait a month or two before buying.

    Dennis

    "Dennis Schamne" <schamne@despammed.com> wrote in message
    > Jamie_Manic wrote:
    >
    > > Anyone got this one then? Haven't seen any reviews yet...
    >
    > The PHP-forums are full of people saying the game is extremely bugged
    > (floating stuff that shouldn't float; bad FPS on high-end systems, no
    > matter what detail level is set). Seems like the game needs some serious
    > patching. I'm going to wait a month or two before buying.
    >
    > Dennis

    link to forums?

    bioderm wrote:

    > link to forums?

    http://forums.gamespot.com/gamespot/show_topics.php?board=551913

    Dennis

    x-no-archive: yes

    GFree wrote:

    <snip>

    what you call sad others would call it heroic
    i consider it a sacrifice for the love i have for pc games
    probably only future generations will apreciate the fight me
    and other pc gamers are doing against evil valve

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    "Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > steamKILLER wrote:
    >>

    >> Sam Jones wrote:
    >>
    >> > Which games? And while we're on the subject, how is it that
    >>
    >> i disclosed them in another thread so if you really want to
    >> know just check it
    >
    > Be quick though, because his posts aren't archived.

    . starlancer (xplosiv)
    .. freelancer (xplosiv)
    .. need for speed underground (ea classics)
    .. half-life (best seller)

    what were the other 36? The post I remeber that saynotosteam said he had
    bought 40 games.

    "Les Steel" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in message

    > "Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >> steamKILLER wrote:

    >>> i disclosed them in another thread so if you really want to
    >>> know just check it
    >>
    >> Be quick though, because his posts aren't archived.
    >>

    > . starlancer (xplosiv)
    > . freelancer (xplosiv)
    > . need for speed underground (ea classics)
    > . half-life (best seller)
    >
    > what were the other 36? The post I remeber that saynotosteam said he had
    > bought 40 games.

    Bloody hell what did I type there!? It should read:
    "The last time I remember saynotosteam posting about game purchases, he said
    he had bought 40 games."

    I don't remember an update on that figure, just that he never responded to
    any request to name that 40.

    x-no-archive: yes

    Les Steel wrote:

    yes i understand... anything... any kind of worthless subject
    to run away from the main issue... valve and steam
    no sir i will not let you or others make this group lose focus
    on all the real problems in pc games!

    --

    "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> writes:

    > i personally have already bought all pc games for this
    > month (total 4) so i'll have to buy boiling point in june
    > or july

    I'm writing a PC exclusive game right now. You can pre-order it
    for $500...

    Nick

    --
    # sigmask (lambda deprecation version) 20041028 || feed this to a python
    print ''.join([chr(ord(x)-1) for x in 'Ojdl!Wbshjti!=ojdlAwbshjti/psh?'])

    Nick Vargish wrote:
    > "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> writes:
    >
    > > i personally have already bought all pc games for this
    > > month (total 4) so i'll have to buy boiling point in june
    > > or july
    >
    > I'm writing a PC exclusive game right now. You can pre-order it
    > for $500...

    I wrote a great prog for the Spectrum. You watched a little @ sign move
    across the screen. it was called "The Amazing Adventures of PacMan". No
    gameplay. You literally just watched the character beep his way across
    the screen. We made cliffs for him to "fall" down, bridges to cross
    chasms, water to swim through etc; maybe 30 screens all lovingly
    sketched with other letters or symbols (very l337) or straight lines.
    It's never been near a console, so if I rewrite it for the PC and put
    it in a box it should go straight to the top of someone's Must Buy
    list.

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 16:25:54 +0100, "Les Steel" <a@aolnot.com> wrote:

    >Our problem is we have a PC game advocate, who doesn't buy full price games
    >yet claims he does, but won't name them. When this person is asked to name
    >them, the fool rants about unrelated issues.

    Just killfile him like most of the rest of us have, he has all the
    comprehension skills of a walnut, it is a waste of time trying to
    explain any of the myriad of things he is clueless about.

    Andrew wrote:

    > Just killfile him like most of the rest of us have, he has all the
    > comprehension skills of a walnut, it is a waste of time trying to
    > explain any of the myriad of things he is clueless about.

    I don't know, you're missing some funny stuff. He now calls you the "demo
    man".

    x-no-archive: yes

    Chadwick wrote:

    <snip>

    that's the most absorb excuse... needing to finish a title to be
    able to buy another...
    is your wife behind this? does she force you to finish every pc
    game so you can buy another?
    its like when we were children and your mommy forced you to end
    the soup cause otherwise you had no desert!

    chadwick you and demo man stop immediately all the excuses to not
    buy pc games cause they are becoming preposterous and a mocking
    to this group and us all!
    buy pc games period!

    --

    steamKILLER wrote:
    > x-no-archive: yes
    >
    > Chadwick wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > that's the most absorb excuse... needing to finish a title to be
    > able to buy another...
    > is your wife behind this? does she force you to finish every pc
    > game so you can buy another?
    > its like when we were children and your mommy forced you to end
    > the soup cause otherwise you had no desert!
    >
    > chadwick you and demo man stop immediately all the excuses to not
    > buy pc games cause they are becoming preposterous and a mocking
    > to this group and us all!
    > buy pc games period!

    I am not Zaphod Beeblebrox, so can physically play only 1 game at a
    time. I also prefer to stick with 1 game and not switch between
    several. I like to finish them, it makes me feel I have achieved
    something.

    I could go out and buy loads of new games. But what's the point if I'm
    not going to play them for ages? I'm not a collector like you - I enjoy
    playing the games, not looking at the boxes.

    Also, by waiting to buy games when I need them, sometimes they are
    reduced in price, or a patch has been released to improve them, or
    there is better packaging available. That is not the reason why I buy
    games when do, but it is a nice bonus.

    What is your reason for not buying Boiling Point? Does your mother only
    allow you to buy 4 games each month? Perhaps you should explain that
    there is a war on and that only you can save the world by buying every
    PC game.

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 17:03:41 -0600, "Hank the Rapper"
    <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote:

    >I don't know, you're missing some funny stuff. He now calls you the "demo
    >man".

    I know because of the people who quote him. Unfortunately I am on the
    verge of killfiling the few people who now respond to him, not because
    they aren't good posters, but I am just so sick of having to see
    DiF***wits messages.

    "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Andrew wrote:
    >
    > > Just killfile him like most of the rest of us have, he has all the
    > > comprehension skills of a walnut, it is a waste of time trying to
    > > explain any of the myriad of things he is clueless about.
    >
    > I don't know, you're missing some funny stuff. He now calls you the "demo
    > man".

    Apparently, he's now championing dial-up internet access as the connectivity
    of the TRUE PC gamer, on the basis that broadband makes it easier to pirate
    games. He should have his own TV show.

    "Sam Jones" <sam.j.jones@spamnull.logicacmg.com> looked up from reading
    the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the
    signs say:

    >"Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Andrew wrote:
    >>
    >> > Just killfile him like most of the rest of us have, he has all the
    >> > comprehension skills of a walnut, it is a waste of time trying to
    >> > explain any of the myriad of things he is clueless about.
    >>
    >> I don't know, you're missing some funny stuff. He now calls you the "demo
    >> man".
    >
    >Apparently, he's now championing dial-up internet access as the connectivity
    >of the TRUE PC gamer, on the basis that broadband makes it easier to pirate
    >games. He should have his own TV show.

    Not even Weird AL's UHF would put that loon on the air.

    Xocyll

    x-no-archive: yes

    Chadwick wrote:

    <snip>

    a true pc gamer is a "complete" one
    and you mr chadwick i'm afraid to say fall very short of
    being a true pc gamer cause of your narrow experience with
    pc games
    you don't collect pc games
    you don't appreciate good packagings
    you don't get pleasure from the simple act of buying pc games
    you don't promote protect and support pc games

    basically your pc game experience is playing a single game
    each time, and in certain occasions that title wasn't even
    bought by you but a gift... so no mr chadwick, its very
    clear now... you are not a "true" pc gamer
    like i say... there is no "magic" in you
    probably you have that "magic" in photography or women but
    with pc games for sure you don't!

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam